No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They changed it a bit from the books. But, that is to be expected. Still the same effect
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      They changed it a bit from the books. But, that is to be expected. Still the same effect
      I haven't had an issue with any of the changes they've made this season, in fact...I like a lot of them better. They've all been good, although I liked Lysa's demise story better in the book.

As far as mountain's fate, you'll have to wait and see
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• How does Lysa die in the book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
          How does Lysa die in the book?
          Well, it's the same actual way, but it gets blamed on a musician or something like that who happened to be near by. It wasn't called a suicide, which I thought was better because there really was no way she would jump herself...
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            All I can say is, that is what happens when you have pride and a moral code in GoT.
            All he had to do was grab that friggin Halberd off the weapon stand, and bury it in the Mountain's head. He already knew Tywin was probably responsible, and I don't know what he figured his next move was going to be anyway.

Comment

• And just think... everything that happened last season (Red Wedding, etc.), and everything from this season so far, plus some huge things to come in the next two episodes, all happened in the 3rd book - mostly in the last half of the 3rd book. Crazy. No wonder it's most readers' favorite book.

Reading it is one thing, and there's even been some well-made sketch scenes done of that scene, but the screen has a certain indelible way of imprinting things in your mind. I'm sure there were plenty of people that had a hard time going to sleep last night.

I loved it all. Probably one of my favorite episodes yet. Sansa's storyline is jumping ahead a bit, but I love it. Her arc has become one of the most interesting. The Grey Worm / Missandei stuff doesn't happen in the books, but it's touching and well done. Poor Jorah... exiled to a place somewhat less desirable than even the friend zone. And Arya, laughing about the news that her aunt is dead? Too funny. I think I started cracking up right when she did.

I was also glad that the whole "Princess Bride" vibe during the fight wasn't lost in translation. ("My name is Indigo Montoya...") You certainly get that feeling while reading it, and I noticed many unsullied last night bringing it up as well.
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Oberyn dying was not unexpected for me. I had a feeling he would die in that fight but just the way it happened with his head exploding like that..... Wooooow

And the look on Tyrion's face when that happened was unintentionally hilarious! I could tell his inner dialogue was along the lines of, "ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW!?!?!?"

The expressions on The Hound and Arya was also hilarious too.

Comment

• I mourn the loss of a handsome character!

Had to look away

Comment

• The Mountain got his A## kicked! No two ways about it.

Comment

• Oberyn had it in the bag man -then his ego and passion got in the way.

The mountain pulled out a HOLY STOKELY!

I couldn't tell if the Mountain came out of it alive or not could you?

Granted he at least was alive last ....... but is that the rule? If he did die- is there a loophole here?

Lets get the lawyers in here
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        Oberyn had it in the bag man -then his ego and passion got in the way.

The mountain pulled out a HOLY STOKELY!

I couldn't tell if the Mountain came out of it alive or not could you?

Granted he at least was alive last ....... but is that the rule? If he did die- is there a loophole here?

Lets get the lawyers in here
                        I was booted from the Westerosi Bar Association, but you have it right - he who dies first loses.

The ambiguity of the Mountain's fate was intentional, and that's all I'm going to say about that. There is, however, a quick subtle shot during the fight's preparation period that you might have missed that relates to this.

That reminds me: People might have figured this out by now, but the show rarely wastes a shot or line (at least with those involving the main characters). If it's shown or mentioned then it's probably important. The show and the books are similar in this regard.

Next episode appears to be 100% at The Wall - similar to The Blackwater episode (#9) in season two. It will be awesome, no doubt, but I don't think this season will follow the previous pattern of the penultimate episode being the "big" episode. No. And if it goes down like I think it's going to go down then you non-book readers will be scraping your jaws off the floor as the credits roll after episode 10.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                          I was booted from the Westerosi Bar Association, but you have it right - he who dies first loses.

The ambiguity of the Mountain's fate was intentional, and that's all I'm going to say about that. There is, however, a quick subtle shot during the fight's preparation period that you might have missed that relates to this.

That reminds me: People might have figured this out by now, but the show rarely wastes a shot or line (at least with those involving the main characters). If it's shown or mentioned then it's probably important. The show and the books are similar in this regard.

Next episode appears to be 100% at The Wall - similar to The Blackwater episode (#9) in season two. It will be awesome, no doubt, but I don't think this season will follow the previous pattern of the penultimate episode being the "big" episode. No. And if it goes down like I think it's going to go down then you non-book readers will be scraping your jaws off the floor as the credits roll after episode 10.

Well I know how I would have written Clegane's fate, but that's part of what's great about GRRM/Benioff/Weiss. This show continues surprising me even after I've convinced myself that nothing is sacred.

Comment

• sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Sir Alliser Thorne finally showed his worth tonite! I've been wanting him dead ever since he was introduced lol - but tonite I found myself respecting his leadership. After thinking about it a bit longer I retract that comment though because many of his motivations were self serving up till tonite. But when it was time to fight and lead he found himself right at home. Glad he's gone but how many KW are left after that battle?

They need to activate the reserves! You know, the ones who didn't have to 'say the words' but still believe the line must be held. There's got to be reserves. Otherwise, everyone south of the wall could find themselves being '(p)reserved' for consumption at a later date. har har har nom nom nom

That or Jon Snow has to do his best Tywin Lannister impression at diplomacy. He does have one thing going for him. Mance was Jon Snow once. He will understand Snow better than most any other Wildling would. I would have liked to see Snow pass the icy threshold with ghost at his side. I'm a softy for dogs though - mans' best friend are god's gift to man. Mine just went through a very traumatic illness and surgery to fix it but she's come through it. It was almost over for her after 10 years- but it's not her time yet though. My sister in law is a veterinarian and she saved her. But anyways!... Maybe Snow finally runs into Bran. That bastard, Snow has really come into his destiny. Don't fall in love though, that's when George RR Martin tends to take them away from you! We'll see. The Starks even with all they'd been through so far and all the huge losses they'd endured are still pointed toward a trajectory of victory in the game of thrones.

Episode was fun but after last week's holiday and now the dedicated Castle Black episode - they lose a little traction on the other stories. I really wanted to see what was going to be next for Tyrion - and see Arya's reunion with Sansa. Luckily those 2 arcs are plenty strong enough to allow the story to diverge for some action adventure violence fantasy excitement - and even romance.

I hope the Hound gets some kind of reward. I dunno if money is really all he wants. We got to glimpse inside his heart (there is one in there) this season. Sure he's basically a pragmatist but other motivations could surprise us I bet. Or - the author could just kill him lol. Who knows. I'd like to continue to get to know him- maybe he could settle down in the Vale ROFL yea right. On the other hand, considering his fear of fire, the North seems like a suitable home for him.

Glad to see LittleFinger does have a chink in his armor of 'the game'. It's interesting to me how his weakness makes Sansa a LOT stronger. If somehow, Sansa can manipulate him into getting what she wants - there is probably no limit to what she can get. I wonder how much she'd have to give- and if it's everything, could she be happy with him? That scene with her sewing in her little room kinda made it look like she was putting her best sexy foot forward. She flashed the bedroom eyes and without smiling outright - she left the door open. Who's manipulating who anymore?

I wonder what does Arya do when she's in control of her own destiny? Does she become a female Viper-like character on a quest to cross names off her list? Does she find love and do a 180? That's long term thinking- I really just can't wait for next week to see what is next for her. Not that I'm guaranteed an answer to that question yet but - her current excursion is over, right?

Comment

• Didn't one of the girls dogs have to be put down because of the Joffrey incident?

Comment

Working...
                                X