No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, on this very special 'Father's Day' episode, Tyrion had a 2 pointy gifts to give his dad. It's always better to give than receive. I personally wish he could have finished off Cercei too, but I'm not too worried. There plenty of killing in GoT- they need to pace themselves after the first 4 seasons. So according to some, Tyrion has now killed both his mom and his dad

As for what Daddy Lannister really would have done with Tyrion..

I too thought maybe Tywin would have somehow gotten Tyrion out of it, but remember when he was talking with Cercei he said point blank -Tyrion's sentence will be done in x days. Sounded like he was going through with it. Have to admit that if he were to plot a Tyrion alternative, Cercei would be the last person he'd tell though.

He also admitted to Tyrion while using the facilities that he did always want Tyrion dead. He also said he wasn't going to go through with it. I'm really angry with Shay - and all she's done to serve herself.

I guess we'll never know but I think Papa Lannister planned to go through with it.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve
      I too thought maybe Tywin would have somehow gotten Tyrion out of it, but remember when he was talking with Cercei he said point blank -Tyrion's sentence will be done in x days. Sounded like he was going through with it. Have to admit that if he were to plot a Tyrion alternative, Cercei would be the last person he'd tell though.

He also admitted to Tyrion while using the facilities that he did always want Tyrion dead. He also said he wasn't going to go through with it. I'm really angry with Shay - and all she's done to serve herself.

I guess we'll never know but I think Papa Lannister planned to go through with it.
      That's the craziness, everyone says one thing and does another. Do you think Cercei really wants to get back with Jaime? I doubt it. It's all power plays and Tywin certainly isn't going to give Cercei any hint that he would get Tyrion out. He may have said he always wanted Tyrion dead but yet never killed him?....Who would have cared if he did? He's just an imp in the GOT world so nobody would have thought much of it. I guess we'll never know, ha.

People about to die say just about anything in GOT. The hound tried every line he could to get Arya to kill him.
      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• While the limited TV time and large amount of story arcs are not lost on me, for one of the largest, ominous threats in GoT, they really share very very little of the white walkers story.

Maybe I forgot , but whatever happened to that large army with the commander on the dead horse? The baby turned white walker? The white walker home base?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
          While the limited TV time and large amount of story arcs are not lost on me, for one of the largest, ominous threats in GoT, they really share very very little of the white walkers story.

Maybe I forgot , but whatever happened to that large army with the commander on the dead horse? The baby turned white walker? The white walker home base?
          i think when they were showing the white walker turn the baby into one of them it was illustrating that they are building their army before they attack

but yeah i agree i wanted to see more white walkers

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
            Great freakin season.
            Quoted for truth. Overall this season was pretty darn awesome, and I actually liked the majority of changes they made from the book's storyline. I thought it was funny though how they killed off like 3-4 minor characters in the last 2 episodes. Guess they aren't very important in the upcoming books eh?

Comment

• So I think Brienne has moved up to #1 on the GoT P4P list after that one. She's a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                So I think Brienne has moved up to #1 on the GoT P4P list after that one. She's a beast.
                Agreed although I was hoping they wouldnt fight and would join forces or something but man the hound got worked I hope this isnt the end for him I actually started to like him

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  So I think Brienne has moved up to #1 on the GoT P4P list after that one. She's a beast.
                  i don't know man, she is BA for sure but if we are talking p4p my vote would have to go with Tyrion Lannister. he is like the bruce willis of GOT, he just wont die.

Brienne is all brawn while tyrion is all brains and knows how to use it well, they would make an excellent team for sure. Brienne might be the HW champ right now though, since the mountain is currently out of commission.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                    Agreed although I was hoping they wouldnt fight and would join forces or something but man the hound got worked I hope this isnt the end for him I actually started to like him
                    i'm not totally convinced he or tywin are dead at this point. people questioned if ned stark was still alive and his head rolled, so we will see.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      i'm not totally convinced he or tywin are dead at this point. people questioned if ned stark was still alive and his head rolled, so we will see.
                      Tywin got a bolt to the heart that would put any one down unless they bring him back with super natural means

Comment

Tywin got a bolt to the heart that would put any one down unless they bring him back with super natural means
                        was it in the heart? hard to tell. you are probably right but i'm just saying.
                        sigpic

Comment

• looked like the <3 to me too

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            was it in the heart? hard to tell. you are probably right but i'm just saying.
                            I agree it was hard to tell but I just read a summary on the episode so thats how I know
                            Maybe theyll resurrect him like they were going to do with the mountain maybe not

I was surprised that varys decided to to leave too it must've been so much of a game changer that he knew there was no going back

Man I can't wait a year im tempted to read ahead

Comment

I agree it was hard to tell but I just read a summary on the episode so thats how I know
                              Maybe theyll resurrect him like they were going to do with the mountain maybe not

I was surprised that varys decided to to leave too it must've been so much of a game changer that he knew there was no going back

Man I can't wait a year im tempted to read ahead
                              You might as well read ahead. Some of the characters are essentially caught up with the books.

Bran is 1 chapter away from being caught up.
                              Dany has about 3-4 chapters
                              Sansa is arguably BEYOND where she is in the books
                              Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Theon/Reek, Jon and Arya still have some things to do, but a lot of their action takes place in Book 5. There are also quite a few new characters to come.

The Dorne/Martell storyline (which we'll get next season) and the Ironborn storyline (not sure how much of the Greyjoys we're going to get) take up a good part of Book 4. Speaking of which... Bran, Tyrion & Dany don't appear at all in Book 4 and Jon is only briefly seen through Sam's POV. Another thing is that the events in Book 4 are happening concurrently with the first half of Book 5 - just different characters. So, you can take that in to consideration as well.

Hope that helps.

There's a funny line (i.e. internal thought) when Tyrion kills Tywin. See, there's this saying in Westeros that Tywin Lannister is so rich that he poops (the S word is used) gold. When Tyrion shoots Tywin (he shoots only 1 crossbow bolt in the books) Tywin's bowels loosen as he dies and the privy is filled with a stench that tells Tyrion that what people say isn't true. Tywin Lannister does not, in fact, s--- gold.

The showrunners probably felt that was too comedic for the moment, and there was no set-up for it, but just a little humorous tidbit for you folks.

I hope to offer more thoughts about this episode (there are many) and about this season in general. I really liked the first season, but I'm thinking that this season may be my favorite so far. If nothing else, the production value and quality of acting have never been so good as they were this year.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• These little reviews with the directors are a great extra content to each episode. They really offer a few whispers of the motivations of either the directors or the characters in said episode. Sometimes they talk about technical aspects of the episode- Sometimes they talk about logistical challenges of production -Sometimes it can confirm what you thought was the case - or sometimes it'll enlighten you to what really was going through an actor/character's mind. If nothing else these short 'inside the episode' videos are great little treats to enjoy with the director/producers - and I think I can speak for all who have posted in this thread that we can't get enough of the Game - so any little bit more is welcomed. Especially if endorsed by the creators themselves.

For instance, and it may have been obvious to all anyhow but you might have asked yourself which was more important to Tyrion in this episode? Getting the upper hand on Daddy Lannister? or Finding Shay in Daddy's bed and realizing she was just a common prostitute all along. This video whispers what might have been more important to him.

There is one for each episode and I try to watch them as soon as they're posted. Sometimes they post them that night but usually it's the next day.

Here is the one for the latest season 4 finale episode. If you're curious about other episodes, copy the video title and substitute the episode number for the desired episode in search box ...

Comment

Working...
                                X