Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    ok for sure!


    Ahh this grey background. It is still possible to see my hidden words.

    is this any better?

    or this

    nope, guess not
    What you should do is quote your spoiler that way it has a white background.

    Like this:

    Originally posted by Spoilers
    Hello, I had about a foot of snow to shovel today!
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

    The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      What you should do is quote your spoiler that way it has a white background.

      Like this:


      Ah very nice!!

      Since im computer dumb. I make a post and in it i have spoilers [ ]...then I quote myself and then fill in my spoilers...? Is that how you do that?

      I also had about a foot to shovel
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
        Ah very nice!!

        Since im computer dumb. I make a post and in it i have spoilers [ ]...then I quote myself and then fill in my spoilers...? Is that how you do that?

        I also had about a foot to shovel
        The code for quoting is:

        QUOTE=Spoilers

        But, make sure you put it in brackets [.....]

        Then, to end it you put [/] then QUOTE in brackets to end the quote.

        So, it will be:

        (get rid of the spaces)

        [ QUOTE=Spoilers ] Here are a bunch of spoilers [ /QUOTE ]
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

        The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

        Comment


        • #64
          ^^^ Yep...

          It should look like this: (I'll put it in an html tag so you can see the exact syntax)

          HTML Code:
          [QUOTE=spoilers]Arya is really a dude.[/QUOTE]
          
          And with the white text:
          
          [COLOR="White"][QUOTE=spoilers]Arya is really a dude.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]
          ----

          In a post (with white text, of course) it'll appear like this:

          Originally posted by spoilers
          Arya is really a dude.


          Keep in mind though that the text will appear in the email notification no matter what.
          Winter is Coming!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
            I really love that about the story. There's no such thing as black or white - good or evil; only gray - and the shifting shade of that gray depends on the light. Good "bad" people, and bad "good" people - and their transformations between the two - kind of like real life, isn't it?

            I know she's "good", but one of the most despised characters (by the fans) is Sansa. On my second re-read I started to really like her. To this day I find her arc (and possible future arc) to be one of the most intriguing. ...and talk about having to wait for certain storylines.... sigh...

            PS: I'd be interested in knowing what you thought of a certain "event" in ADWD. PM me if you can. I'm talking about the event that directly follows the scene where the NY Giant has killed the Dallas Cowboy (not sure if you caught that one or not... ...GRRM is too funny sometimes).
            Yeah In the first book Sansa was my least favorite of the Stark Household. However, as the series goes along you see her grow into a very strong and likeable character given her horrific circumstances.

            And I'm drawing a blank on that one, lol pm me.
            A book I wrote

            Comment


            • #66
              For all you readers out there that have finished Book 5 (ADWD) GRRM posted a new chapter on his website from Book 6 (The Winds of Winter). Some people don't like to read these "spoiler" chapters, but just in case...

              http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

              Enjoy!

              Winter is Coming!

              Comment


              • #67
                Thought this was... uh... cute or something...

                http://grrm.livejournal.com/258190.html

                Westeros and the NFL

                Everyone in the Seven Kingdoms is excited about the NFL playoffs.

                The wildlings and the men of the Night's Watch and even some northmen are all pulling for the Giants, of course. But in the Vale of Arryn and the Mountains of the Moon, they're Falcons fans.

                The Lannisters are cheering on Detroit, even if the lion is the wrong color, but some of the smallfolk of Lannisport on its western bay are fond of those 49ers. The High Septon and all the septa and septons and devout of the realm are for the Saints.

                The butchers and tanners of King's Landing and Oldtown are behind the Packers, the smiths and armorers are with the Steelers. At the Citadel of Oldtown, the archmaesters and the Conclave are all about the Ravens, but across the narrow sea the khals and Dothraki horselords are screaming and whistling for the Broncos. In Volantis, the tigers are Bengals backers; the elephants are rooting for whoever plays the Bengals.

                Nobody anywhere knows what a 'Texan' is, but a few Dornishmen might support them anyway, just to be perverse.

                One commonality unites all the Seven Kingdoms, and the lands beyond. Everyone everywhere hates the Patriots, and Evil Little Bill.



                Winter is Coming!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                  Thought this was... uh... cute or something...

                  http://grrm.livejournal.com/258190.html

                  Westeros and the NFL

                  Everyone in the Seven Kingdoms is excited about the NFL playoffs.

                  The wildlings and the men of the Night's Watch and even some northmen are all pulling for the Giants, of course. But in the Vale of Arryn and the Mountains of the Moon, they're Falcons fans.

                  The Lannisters are cheering on Detroit, even if the lion is the wrong color, but some of the smallfolk of Lannisport on its western bay are fond of those 49ers. The High Septon and all the septa and septons and devout of the realm are for the Saints.

                  The butchers and tanners of King's Landing and Oldtown are behind the Packers, the smiths and armorers are with the Steelers. At the Citadel of Oldtown, the archmaesters and the Conclave are all about the Ravens, but across the narrow sea the khals and Dothraki horselords are screaming and whistling for the Broncos. In Volantis, the tigers are Bengals backers; the elephants are rooting for whoever plays the Bengals.

                  Nobody anywhere knows what a 'Texan' is, but a few Dornishmen might support them anyway, just to be perverse.

                  One commonality unites all the Seven Kingdoms, and the lands beyond. Everyone everywhere hates the Patriots, and Evil Little Bill.





                  lol...


                  I have to spread cps, but that is funny. I am glad we are the dothraki, they are my fav/ most fearsome in the books so far that i have read.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    New Trailer out

                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                    The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Really can't wait. Super excited for season 2.

                      Comment


                      • #71



                        hmmm....

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          ^^^ Nice!

                          There's a whole Westeros Valentine's set (some of which are inappropriate for this place), but here's a couple.



                          You can see more at the Winter is Coming site. http://winteriscoming.net/

                          Winter is Coming!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            OK... one (or two) more...



                            ---

                            Winter is Coming!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                              OK... one (or two) more...


                              lol this one made me chuckle.

                              Comment


                              • #75

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X