Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    You might as well read ahead. Some of the characters are essentially caught up with the books.

Bran is 1 chapter away from being caught up.
    Dany has about 3-4 chapters
    Sansa is arguably BEYOND where she is in the books
    Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Theon/Reek, Jon and Arya still have some things to do, but a lot of their action takes place in Book 5. There are also quite a few new characters to come.

The Dorne/Martell storyline (which we'll get next season) and the Ironborn storyline (not sure how much of the Greyjoys we're going to get) take up a good part of Book 4. Speaking of which... Bran, Tyrion & Dany don't appear at all in Book 4 and Jon is only briefly seen through Sam's POV. Another thing is that the events in Book 4 are happening concurrently with the first half of Book 5 - just different characters. So, you can take that in to consideration as well.

Hope that helps.

There's a funny line (i.e. internal thought) when Tyrion kills Tywin. See, there's this saying in Westeros that Tywin Lannister is so rich that he poops (the S word is used) gold. When Tyrion shoots Tywin (he shoots only 1 crossbow bolt in the books) Tywin's bowels loosen as he dies and the privy is filled with a stench that tells Tyrion that what people say isn't true. Tywin Lannister does not, in fact, s--- gold.

The showrunners probably felt that was too comedic for the moment, and there was no set-up for it, but just a little humorous tidbit for you folks.

I hope to offer more thoughts about this episode (there are many) and about this season in general. I really liked the first season, but I'm thinking that this season may be my favorite so far. If nothing else, the production value and quality of acting have never been so good as they were this year.

That does help thanks man
    so the show is close to catching up with the books george RRRRRRRRR Martin better get to writing o wonder what theyll do if the show does go beyond the book

I think I remember robb saying that tywin poops gold it was ironic he died taking one

Comment

• Terminator reboot has Khaleesi cast as Sarah Connor. How cool is that? Also heard a rumor that The Rock might be the Terminator. Arnold might be in it but not as his normal roles

See you in 2015

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-sarah-connor/
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• The special effects on this show are top-notch. I'm amazed because I thought that many of these sets were real - only to find out now that they were CG.

Check this out...

http://vimeo.com/100095868

:clap:
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

• We may not have seen the last of Tywin Lannister

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/21/ty...ones-season-5/

We may not have seen the last of Tywin Lannister.

Actor Charles Dance told MTV UK while promoting the film Dracula Untold that his scenery chewing sinister Lannister patriarch will be in season 5 (video below). “I’m not completely missing out on the next series,” he said. “More than that, I’m not going to say. You haven’t seen the last of Tywin Lannister, is all I’ll say.”

His quote is pretty unambiguous in terms of making clear that Tywin will appear next year, yet also raises a bunch of questions. At least one major outlet reported that his quote must mean Tywin is still alive — but that’s extremely unlikely. Dance could appear as the deceased body of his character — just like Jack Gleeson in the episode after Joffrey’s death. And while Thrones doesn’t often use flashbacks, that standard device is possible too. Given that Tyrion is going to be pretty haunted by his actions in last season’s finale, my bet would be on some sort of memory, vision or dream sequence — like Daenerys Targaryen had of her deceased lover Khal Drogo, which brought back Jason Momoa for an additional scene.

So weirdly enough: It sounds like dead Tywin will be in Thrones next year — yet very much alive Bran Stark will not be. (And we won’t even bring up that other character some expected to be resurrected, if only to keep the comment boards civil). Sounds like we’re in for an interesting season.

Comment

• Apparently this is from books I haven't read. Though I've read all books that are currently out.
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• I could just be a funeral type cameo. We'll just have to wait ...... and wait ...... and wait ........ and wait

Comment

• The "80's" Intro to Game Of Thrones.

This reminds me of Farcry 3 Blood Dragon. Any of you play that game? It's so funny

Comment

• Is anyone else getting the new history of westeros book coming out at the end of this month?
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Anyone getting the The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones book that's coming out on October 28th....its basically a history of Game of Thrones and will have some concept art along with it....I can't wait to get it...
                    I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                      Anyone getting the The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones book that's coming out on October 28th....its basically a history of Game of Thrones and will have some concept art along with it....I can't wait to get it...
                      See: above post
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• It will be out next week

http://www.amazon.com/The-World-Ice-.../dp/0553805444
                        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Season 5 trailer leaked

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-leaks-online/

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• That link doesn't work anymore. Here's the Season 5 HD trailer posted by George RR Martin in his blog last week:

Tick tick! Tick tick! Is it April yet!?!?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• So I finally last year caught up to the current season for the first time ever. So I could finally see why this thread was so dang popular.

But now my sister is coming back from Turkey in June and my wife told her we would wait for her and binge watch season 5 with her like we did with 4 last year over the summer.

So it looks like I will sadly miss this weekly thread again in order to avoid spoilers.
                              sigpic

Comment

• New Trailer Time!

Also, in case you guys haven't heard, HBO will be offering a stand alone streaming service starting just in time for this season's premier.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X