Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    The long night is coming! And... if this series kills off Jon Snow I'll be peeved!!!
    i know this is GOTs and its a mistake to start liking characters but i just dont see how killin off Jon Snow would benefit the story at all unless it was at the end IMO hes the best character next to tyrion so far that i dont absolutely hate

Comment

• I think Jon Snow/Targaryen? (still just a theory, I know) and Daenerys hooking up, beating the White Walkers, and then ruling Westeros would be the fairy tale ending that would appease most people. However, since when did GRRM write warm and fuzzy fairy tales...?

That episode on Sunday was spectacular though. One of the best IMO for sure (despite the fact that it's very of course from what the books have covered so far).

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
        i know this is GOTs and its a mistake to start liking characters but i just dont see how killin off Jon Snow would benefit the story at all unless it was at the end IMO hes the best character next to tyrion so far that i dont absolutely hate
        Right off jump I was a Ned Stark fan, and bam first season dead! That's been theme from there on out. That's cool, but not everyone, come on. I read somewhere that in the books it appears that Snow is dead, we really won't know until a new book is released, however the series has strayed from the books plenty from I've heard. So HBO do the right thing here, and keep Snow kicking!

Comment

• Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
          I think Jon Snow/Targaryen? (still just a theory, I know) and Daenerys hooking up, beating the White Walkers, and then ruling Westeros would be the fairy tale ending that would appease most people. However, since when did GRRM write warm and fuzzy fairy tales...?

That episode on Sunday was spectacular though. One of the best IMO for sure (despite the fact that it's very of course from what the books have covered so far).
          I hope they don't "hook up" hehehehe.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            I hope they don't "hook up" hehehehe.

Who knows with this show? My guess is everyone dies?

Comment

Right off jump I was a Ned Stark fan, and bam first season dead! That's been theme from there on out. That's cool, but not everyone, come on. I read somewhere that in the books it appears that Snow is dead, we really won't know until a new book is released, however the series has strayed from the books plenty from I've heard. So HBO do the right thing here, and keep Snow kicking!
              yeah i couldnt help myself and read ahead and yeah it doesnt look good for him

********************************************SPOILERS****************************

ramsay sends Jon a letter taunting him and saying Stannis and his army were defeated so Jon decides to leave castle black but the other nights watch stopped him by stabbing the crap out of him and thats how that part ends with Jon's status left unknown
              Last edited by captainbronco; 06-03-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                yeah i couldnt help myself and read ahead and yeah it doesnt look good for him

********************************************SPOILERS****************************

ramsay sends Jon a letter taunting him and saying Stannis and his army were defeated so Jon decides to leave castle black but the other knights watch stopped him by stabbing the crap out of him and thats how that part ends with Jon's status left unknown
                Man I was hoping Ramsey was going to get the ax by seasons end, lol. I can't stand that dude. I heard in the books he was never married to Sansa. Is Martin getting closer to releasing the last two books? The show is going to run out of material soon I would imagine.

Comment

Man I was hoping Ramsey was going to get the ax by seasons end, lol. I can't stand that dude. I heard in the books he was never married to Sansa. Is Martin getting closer to releasing the last two books? The show is going to run out of material soon I would imagine.
                  Yeah me too i hate that guy in the books it wasnt sansa but a friend of sansas who poses as arya the stuff happening to sansa in the show is what happens to their friend

Thats why ramsay writes that letter to Jon to taunt him and he thinks its actually arya suffering prompting jon to leave

Man i dont know how close GRRM is to finishing next to robert kirkman he loves trolling his fans so who knows the show will probably just start using what they can and make up the rest

Comment

• Here's something I had no idea about, but i thought was cool. Some of you know I enjoy heavy music. A band I like got to be extras in the hardhome episode.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-89109

Comment

• At this point, I think the show and book are far enough that they're going to take different paths to get to the same ending. GRRM said it's bittersweet, so I'm hoping for something like one of Jon Snow/Danerys to wind up ruling and defeating the white walkers while one of them dies fighting them. I think that's the best to hope for with Thrones

Could see everything shaking up a ton of different ways at this point.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                        think it was comfirmed that he doesnt appear in s5...wonder what his play will be

Not sure... but considering that the dragons cannot seem to be controlled (as of yet) perhaps Brandon's advanced warg abilities could help out with that!
                        Last edited by L.M.; 06-04-2015, 07:40 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                          Despite Jon and Dragonsteel and dragonglass weapons, and possible tactical air strikes from dragons, I feel like Bran Stark may be "Frodo" with "The Ring" at the slopes of "Mount Doom" right now. The Army of the Dead and WW's may need to be destroyed from within or at their power source and I suspect Bran has an instrumental role to play in their demise. Otherwise what the heck else is he doing up there!?
                          Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                          Not sure... but considering that the dragons cannot seem to be controlled (as of yet) perhaps Brandon's advanced warg abilities could help out with that!
                          The bag of dragonglass Sam found buried at the Fist of the First Men was left behind in the room on fire. The White Walker entered the burning room but was protected from the fire by his icy chill. Jon was able to smite the White Walker to smithereens with Mormont's sword made of Valyrian steel.

The first Valyrian steel sword we saw belonged to Ned Stark in the premier episode.
                          The second Valyrian steel weapon we saw was in the second episode of season one. It was the dagger used in the attempt on Bran after he was injured. Littlefinger lied to Catelyn and told her the dagger belonged to Tyrion and she had Tyrion arrested. Littlefinger probably still has that one.

Ned's sword was melted down and made into two swords in season four by Tywin. Tywin gave one to Jamie and the other to Joffrey. Jamie gave his Valyrian steel sword to Brienne. The funeral scene showed Joffrey's sword on his chest but it may have been passed on to Tommen.

In any case, that's 3 Valyrian swords and 1 dagger, no dragonglass left and like a million of those undead zombies with the White Walkers. The White Walker Jon obliterated was impervious to regular fire but it is said that the Valyrians used dragon fire to forge the Valyrian weapons. We saw ancient Valyria when Tyrion and Jorah were attacked by the Stone Men.

I don't know how Tywin was able to melt down Ned's sword and have two forged out of it but if the Valyrians used dragons' fire to forge their magic steel weapons, it's logical that dragon fire could be used to defeat the White Walkers en masse.

And since Dany has obviously lost control of her brood, I think you may on to something LynchMobster !
                          Bran won't appear in season 5 but his name has been mentioned in the past couple of episodes a lot.
                          Bran would be the perfect guy to warg those ever growing dragons into behaving !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• I really hope they keep this momentum going with the white walkers cause honestly the white walkers makes everyone else's story line irrelevant i hope they dont just all of a sudden deviate away from it

Comment

• Am I the only one who's breath was stolen when this woman was introduced.....

I was ready to fall in love with another beauty ... but it just wasn't in the cards I guess. She looked great, seemed to play a pivotal part in the last episode and could have been built upon. I'm already going to miss her and I never even got to know her. Wow what a woman

I would have sworn it was the beginning of another character's story. Unless we follow her through death, I think GoT missed a valuable opportunity. Maybe it wasn't in the script but nonetheless it's a missed opportunity.
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                                Am I the only one who's breath was stolen when this woman was introduced.....

I was ready to fall in love with another beauty ... but it just wasn't in the cards I guess. She looked great, seemed to play a pivotal part in the last episode and could have been built upon. I'm already going to miss her and I never even got to know her. Wow what a woman

I would have sworn it was the beginning of another character's story. Unless we follow her through death, I think GoT missed a valuable opportunity. Maybe it wasn't in the script but nonetheless it's a missed opportunity.
                                Agreeeeed i started to like i know youre not supposed to get attached to characters but anyway she was handling herself but then when those undead kids came she just laid down i was bummed she didnt make it

Comment

Working...
                                X