Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Am I the only one who's breath was stolen when this woman was introduced.....

I was ready to fall in love with another beauty ... but it just wasn't in the cards I guess. She looked great, seemed to play a pivotal part in the last episode and could have been built upon. I'm already going to miss her and I never even got to know her. Wow what a woman

I would have sworn it was the beginning of another character's story. Unless we follow her through death, I think GoT missed a valuable opportunity. Maybe it wasn't in the script but nonetheless it's a missed opportunity.
    That's just so George RR Martin. It makes you sick when these characters die but no one is safe!
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
      Not sure... but considering that the dragons cannot seem to be controlled (as of yet) perhaps Brandon's advanced warg abilities could help out with that!
      Now it looks like Dany's bond with her children are improving.
      She's flying now !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
        Now it looks like Dany's bond with her children are improving.
        She's flying now !
        INDEED! THAT WAS AWESOME! The epic return of the Targaryen Dragonqueen is happening! So Bran's role in all this is still totally mysterious, but it has to be important.

I had high expectations for this season from the previews, which really werent being met until last week, and this! Another great episode!

I've been dreading and praying against precisely what we were forced to watch happen to Shireen -oh man that was horrible! Stannis seemed like the lesser of the evils in most of his battles, but that's debatable now. He is totally ruthless! Not sure I can root for him even against the Boltons! I hope they destroy each other!
        Last edited by L.M.; 06-07-2015, 09:38 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
          In any case, that's 3 Valyrian swords and 1 dagger, no dragonglass left and like a million of those undead zombies with the White Walkers.
          The legions of regular zombies are susceptible to regular fire, so the Wildfire weapons used in the Battle of Blackwater might be used again against their undead ranks if they can be lured into a trap. Dragonglass is just obsidian, isn't it? Surely there's more of that somewhere around there -where did the First Men find theirs? I just don't see Jon giving away all of their only weapon against the WW's...that doesn't make sense!

How many WW's actually need to be dealt with aside from the Night's King?

Somebody made this graphic from the books:

for a larger view:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/011/0/79...42405_3bfh.jpg

And yes my thought is that perhaps another expedition to Valyria to gather steel weapons from ancient tombs or ruins, or more dragonglass (IF that's its only source) from their volcanos, may be necessary. Perhaps Jorah could play an instrumental role in returning there to get that stuff since he's already infected with Stone Man disease.....
          Last edited by L.M.; 06-07-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Stannis, say it ain't so!

Comment

• That was pretty intense and awesome one thing though the dragons are awwwesome but it seemed like if the dragon stayed any longer the sons would have killed it now that dragon was the largest and the other 2 are smaller how do they expect to stand up against all of westeros with just that?

Don't get me wrong the dragons could probably wreck a lot of soldiers but ultimately be taken down before they could win the war

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                That was pretty intense and awesome one thing though the dragons are awwwesome but it seemed like if the dragon stayed any longer the sons would have killed it now that dragon was the largest and the other 2 are smaller how do they expect to stand up against all of westeros with just that?

Don't get me wrong the dragons could probably wreck a lot of soldiers but ultimately be taken down before they could win the war
                They're still not full grown, nor will they be tactically-disadvantaged in an invasion of Westeros as Drogon was in the arena trying to defend his surrounded mother-- though he did quite well in incinerating the bulk of the attackers! His hide was penetrated but not too badly, obviously.

Most likely the dragons would be flying and spitting fire from the air as the vanguard of an army advancing to a battlefield, and it's pretty hard to beat that! Yet a perfectly-aimed ballista could possibly take one down in that scenario too -like the one that fired the Black Arrow in the Hobbit movies. So maybe a 1 or 2% chance of beating them?
                Last edited by L.M.; 06-07-2015, 11:28 PM.

Comment

They're still not full grown, nor will they be tactically-disadvantaged in an invasion of Westeros as Drogon was in the arena trying to defend his surrounded mother-- though he did quite well in incinerating the bulk of the attackers! His hide was penetrated but not too badly, obviously.

Most likely the dragons would be flying and spitting fire from the air as the vanguard of an army advancing to a battlefield, and it's pretty hard to beat that! Yet a perfectly-aimed ballista could possibly take one down in that scenario too -like the one that fired the Black Arrow in the Hobbit movies. So maybe a 1 or 2% chance of beating them?
                  true ooh i didnt know if they were full grown or not maybe if they do get bigger then who knows how much itll take to take one down.

the unsullied IMO have been underwhelming they need to ditch those long ass spears in tight areas for short swords cause the sons of the harpies are owning them. maybe its cause they fight better as a unit but i havent really been that impressed with them this season

Comment

• Friend told me that on inside the episode for Thrones, the writers mentioned that GRRM told them that this was going to happen, so they didn't just do this on their own (the Stannis stuff). Makes me think that the king's blood stuff will actually work and Stannis will wind up defeating Ramsay.
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                      Friend told me that on inside the episode for Thrones, the writers mentioned that GRRM told them that this was going to happen, so they didn't just do this on their own (the Stannis stuff). Makes me think that the king's blood stuff will actually work and Stannis will wind up defeating Ramsay.
                      I hope so because Ramsay is disgusting.
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

"By the time we burned the doll, it was too late..."

I hope it is too late for Stannis, now. Not until after the Bolton's get theirs, though.

The way things seem to typically go in GRRM's books however, it's more likely that Brienne and Podrick both die while Sansa gets raped to the beat of drums being played by Theon Greyjoy. Roll credits, and wait a year to find out which of your favorite characters gets to die in the most horrific fashion imaginable next season.:thumb:

Comment

just when you were beginning to actually like stannis he saves the nights watch, he shows Jon some respect, and he even gives our boy Ned Stark a shout out and then he goes and does this now whats Davos gonna say when he comes back and shes gone

Comment

• I HATE the Red Witch more than Stannis, and more than ever before now! I wouldn't mind it at all now if Ramsay got ahold of her with his flaying knives! She's the one who has been manipulating Stannis with "divine" visions of power, glory and destiny from the outset. He's ultimately responsible (for buying into it), but she's the real villain pulling strings here, and he would have been better off without her. When they were introduced they were burning people on the beach -he's had his relatives killed.

Yeah he gave props to good old Ned, but that's because his entire claim to the throne rested on Ned's honest and loyal letter. Truly, his one and only redeeming quality was his devotion and love for his daughter, but now the few heartfelt scenes between them are rendered moot by these writers' decision to have him murder her, and in front of his men!? SMH That seems a bit out of character to me, crossing a line I just don't think he would cross. GRRM said she would die but nobody knows who would do it. I half-expected Mel and Shireen's deranged mother to try behind Stannis' back -I would have preferred that, if this had to happen.

But there's no one left to root for now in the upcoming battle for the North - nobody really cares who wins. It's like the last Superbowl -a battle of two evil powers!

The writers love negative shock "value": Robb's wife stabbed in her pregnant belly at the Red Wedding, Theon's crucifixion and mutilation (which dragged on and on and on), listening to Sansa getting raped, then revealing that this happens pretty much every night and showing her bruises, and now we see a sweet little girl burned to death by her own parents! How much of this was truly necessary to tell a good story?
                                Last edited by L.M.; 06-09-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X