Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I HATE the Red Witch more than Stannis, and more than ever before now! Wouldn't mind it all if Ramsay got ahold of her with his flaying knives! She's the one who has been manipulating Stannis with "divine" visions of power, glory and destiny from the outset. He's ultimately responsible (for buying into it), but she's the real villain pulling strings here, and he would have been better off without her. When they were introduced they were burning people on the beach -he's had his relatives killed.

Yeah he gave props to good old Ned, but that's because his entire claim to the throne rested on Ned's honest and loyal letter. Truly. his one and only redeeming quality was his devotion and love for his daughter, but now the few heartfelt scenes between them are rendered moot by these writers' decision to have him murder her, and in front of his men!? SMH That seems a bit out of character to me, crossing a line I just don't think he would cross. GRRM said she would die but nobody knows who would do it. I half-expected Mel and her deranged mother to try behind Stannis' back -I would have preferred that, if this had to happen.

But there's no one left to root for now in the upcoming battle for the North - nobody really cares who wins. It's like the last Superbowl -a battle of two evil powers!

The writer's love negative shock value -Robb's wife stabbed in her pregnant belly at the Red Wedding. Theon's crucifixion and mutilation. Listening to Sansa getting raped, then revealing that this happens pretty much every night and showing her bruises. Now we see a sweet little girl burned to death. How much of this was truly necessary to tell a good story?
    Agreed to everything i dont like stannis anymore and its hard to root for anyone on this show except maybe Jon or Arya

Comment

I HATE the Red Witch more than Stannis, and more than ever before now! I wouldn't mind it at all now if Ramsay got ahold of her with his flaying knives! She's the one who has been manipulating Stannis with "divine" visions of power, glory and destiny from the outset. He's ultimately responsible (for buying into it), but she's the real villain pulling strings here, and he would have been better off without her. When they were introduced they were burning people on the beach -he's had his relatives killed.

Yeah he gave props to good old Ned, but that's because his entire claim to the throne rested on Ned's honest and loyal letter. Truly, his one and only redeeming quality was his devotion and love for his daughter, but now the few heartfelt scenes between them are rendered moot by these writers' decision to have him murder her, and in front of his men!? SMH That seems a bit out of character to me, crossing a line I just don't think he would cross. GRRM said she would die but nobody knows who would do it. I half-expected Mel and Shireen's deranged mother to try behind Stannis' back -I would have preferred that, if this had to happen.

But there's no one left to root for now in the upcoming battle for the North - nobody really cares who wins. It's like the last Superbowl -a battle of two evil powers!

The writers love negative shock "value": Robb's wife stabbed in her pregnant belly at the Red Wedding, Theon's crucifixion and mutilation (which dragged on and on and on), listening to Sansa getting raped, then revealing that this happens pretty much every night and showing her bruises, and now we see a sweet little girl burned to death by her own parents! How much of this was truly necessary to tell a good story?
      In the "making of" feature after the episode the writer/director made it sound like the scene came straight from GRRM's direction. My guess is the book will paint a similarly gruesome picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
        Agreed to everything i dont like stannis anymore and its hard to root for anyone on this show except maybe Jon or Arya
        And Davos. Once he finds out what Stannis has done, he will likely quit and join the Night's Watch. He would make a good advisor to Jon.

I like Dany, Tyrion, Jorah and Bronn too. It's a shame Bronn has been stuck in Dorne, which has been pretty weak and pointless filler.
        Last edited by L.M.; 06-09-2015, 10:50 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
          In the "making of" feature after the episode the writer/director made it sound like the scene came straight from GRRM's direction. My guess is the book will paint a similarly gruesome picture.
          I' m sure it will be gruesome, but how complicit will Stannis be to that decision?

While I feel that his latest atrocity against his own daughter (the person we were led to believe was reserved from his madness and firmly in his heart as he wouldnt let her go or let her die when she got her disease) is a slight breach of character (regardless of who wrote it), it IS in line with his other ruthless acts to some degree, and with Mel's prophecy depicted in the graphics I just posted.

I hope they just get rid of this character in the next episode.

Comment

• Stanis, and the Boltons will fight it out, and Little Finger will swoop in with the Knights of Vale, and end up being the Warden of the North. I think Jon Snow will get stabbed by his brothers in the last episode, it'll leave us hanging until next season to see if he lives. I think he's signed on for six seasons so we shall see.

Comment

And Davos. Once he finds out what Stannis has done, he will likely quit and join the Night's Watch. He would make a good advisor to Jon.

I like Dany, Tyrion, Jorah and Bronn too. It's a shame Bronn has been stuck in Dorne, which has been pretty weak and pointless filler.
              yeah i like those characters too i actually really like Bronn but i too ma disappointed with Dorne it really fell flat
              i could see Davos joinin up with the nights watch that would be awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                Stanis, and the Boltons will fight it out, and Little Finger will swoop in with the Knights of Vale, and end up being the Warden of the North. I think Jon Snow will get stabbed by his brothers in the last episode, it'll leave us hanging until next season to see if he lives. I think he's signed on for six seasons so we shall see.
                i see that happening too with ramsay and his men sabotaging stannis i can see him writing the letter that provokes Jon to leave the nights watch resulting in his brothers stabbing him....i really really hope GRRM didnt kill off Jon Snow

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                  Stanis, and the Boltons will fight it out, and Little Finger will swoop in with the Knights of Vale, and end up being the Warden of the North. I think Jon Snow will get stabbed by his brothers in the last episode, it'll leave us hanging until next season to see if he lives. I think he's signed on for six seasons so we shall see.
                  I think you're right. Olly will be part of the betrayal against Jon -that's obviously been set up so far. Jon will likely be murdered and then maybe resurrected... by the Red Witch?

Brienne may actually kill Stannis at Winterfell thus fulfilling at least one of her oaths, rescue Sansa (after Sansa jams a corkscrew in Ramsay's eye) and they'll leave to search for Rickon and Bran.

Comment

I agree. The easiest group to pull for, for me, has been everyone aligned with Daenerys. The Dorne thing is a stark contrast. It's like rape, murder, betrayal, shenanigans in Dorne, child rape, assassinations, etc. I don't really dislike it, because it's a nice diversion from the drama. Just seems a bit out of place. Unless, of course, we're being set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      I agree. The easiest group to pull for, for me, has been everyone aligned with Daenerys. The Dorne thing is a stark contrast. It's like rape, murder, betrayal, shenanigans in Dorne, child rape, assassinations, etc. I don't really dislike it, because it's a nice diversion from the drama. Just seems a bit out of place. Unless, of course, we're being set up.
                      Perhaps we are! I've been trying to figure out what end it serves. Explore an exotic part of Westeros? It hasn't been done very intelligently IMO. What exactly was Jaimie's plan? To march into the palace in broad daylight with one fighter and seize his daughter right from the prince, guards and their entire army stationed in the capital!? Some of the acting has been poor, the fight choreography was bad with the sandsnake sisters, and they are lame characters. Episodes are short, so are the seasons,and there's tons of source material, yet they waste a scene on these girls slapping hands in jail. It seems like the prince and Myrcella could have just arrived in King's Landing and everything leading up to that skipped. I guess we'll find out if any of that junk actually mattered... but so far, does anyone actually care about any of the characters involved in that plotline? Except for Bronn, I sure don't.

Comment

• Just imagine what would have happened if it had been Tebow down there instead?

Comment

Just imagine what would have happened if it had been Tebow down there instead?

It would have been a lightning bolt instead
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Just imagine what would have happened if it had been Tebow down there instead?
                            He probably would have either scored a direct hit on the dragon logo, or overthrown the whole dais.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• The CGI for the dragon scene lacked
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                                The CGI for the dragon scene lacked
                                I thought it was all right considering that they don't have a Lord of the Rings-sized budget.

The close-up of Drogon's head seemed decent to me. I think the compositing with real footage of Dany, more than actual model, texture or animation is what needed the most work.

Particularly the third frame and the rest of this "Neverending Story" sequence. She needs a saddle though, right -ouch!
                                But is this really so much different in quality from what we've already seen?

Besides the fact that one is now riding the other?

Comment

Working...
                                X