Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    In season 3 episode 6 Melisandre enters the secret hideout of the Brotherhood to acquire Gendry from them. She examines Lord Beric's scars and realizes that he's been resurrected. She asks how many times and Thoros tells her SIX which astonishes her. Thoros then relates the first time back when he was a disillusioned priest, but desperate to save his friend, he said "the old words" and the Lord of Light did the rest.

This would seem to imply that Mel is familiar with resurrection and can recognize its signs, and that the priests of the Lord of Light all know an incantation for resurrecting the dead, and thus Melisandre knows this and can do it, and she will bring Jon back! What other business could she possibly have back at the Wall if not this?

And when he does make his sudden dramatic return, Alliser Thorne will crap his pants before Jon filets him, Olly and the rest of that scum with Longclaw!!! And let's have Ghost in on the act too -where was he when Jon was getting stabbed by the way?
    Good points so she does recognize that kind of thing its only obvious she brings him back but GRRM does like to troll people so who knows.
    That's my question where was ghost? You'd think with sam gone jon would've kept ghost close. It seems like ghost only shows up when the story is relevant to him such as saving sam from getting curbed stomped and when the wildlings attacked
    I assume from that scene of that battle sam was unlocking a door which i guess they keep ghost locked up...now whats gonna happen to ghost??

At this point i hope the white walkers scale the wall and resurrect all of the dead guys from the winterfell battle and storms and slaughters everyone at winterfell im om the white walkers side now screw westeros

Comment

• Theon and Sansa leaped off a 40 or 50 foot wall. Was that a leap to escape, or a leap of suicide because they realized they cant escape and Ramsay will maim and kill them? What snowdrift could possibly be deep enough to cushion a fall from that height?

Is Stannis dead? While this show doesn't shy away from killing off characters (up to six minor and major in this episode alone?) they usually depict that graphically -look what Arya did to Meryn Trant! Like five minutes of the Braavos Chainsaw Massacre! But Brienne swings the sword and we don't get to see the blow!? Somethings up here, though I cant figure what or even why? Is there any real use in keeping this character alive?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
      2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
        Good points so she does recognize that kind of thing its only obvious she brings him back but GRRM does like to troll people so who knows.
        That's my question where was ghost? You'd think with sam gone jon would've kept ghost close. It seems like ghost only shows up when the story is relevant to him such as saving sam from getting curbed stomped and when the wildlings attacked
        I assume from that scene of that battle sam was unlocking a door which i guess they keep ghost locked up...now whats gonna happen to ghost??

At this point i hope the white walkers scale the wall and resurrect all of the dead guys from the winterfell battle and storms and slaughters everyone at winterfell im om the white walkers side now screw westeros
        That army is somewhere near Hardhome now and Winterfell is hundreds miles south of the Wall. Check it out:
        http://gameofthrones.net/images/West...f_westeros.jpg

But I imagine the WW's will be raising up the dead from every graveyard they cross. I just wonder where they will be stopped (if at all)? King's Landing? Dorne?

Comment

That army is somewhere near Hardhome now and Winterfell is hundreds miles south of the Wall. Check it out:
          http://gameofthrones.net/images/West...f_westeros.jpg

But I imagine the WW's will be raising up the dead from every graveyard they cross. I just wonder where they will be stopped (if at all)? King's Landing? Dorne?
          Dang i just want them to massacre the boltons bummer

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
            Dang i just want them to massacre the boltons bummer
            Maybe Littlefinger and the army from the Eyrie will do it? His plan (told to Cersei) was to let Stannis and the Boltons weaken each other then mop up the scraps.

Not sure what speed the undead army is going, but they still have to get past The Wall, and if Jon doesn't come back and take care of business first, I'm looking forward to them slaughtering the stupid Night's Watch traitors who think the wildlings are worse!

Comment

• What's the future hold for Tormund Giantsbane?

Comment

• http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14...dies-interview

doesn't look like jon snow is coming back.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                  What's the future hold for Tormund Giantsbane?
                  lead a raid on the nights watch and kill them all, hopefully lol
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14...dies-interview

doesn't look like jon snow is coming back.
                    If he was, does anyone seriously think they would report it and spoil this ending and a surprise return?

He's coming back.

Comment

• As soon as The Winds of Winter comes out, I plan to get it and read it ASAP. It seems it won't be published until next year.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• It's kind of amusing that no one is buying what the show runners and actors are saying about Jon Snow's fate. We've been debating this for about 4 years (since ADWD came out), and it's almost a universal conclusion that Jon Snow is not done. Now, I suppose he COULD be dead in the show, and knowing how GRRM likes to subvert things, he COULD be dead-dead in the books too, but it's very hard to believe that. Sure, some of the suspension of disbelief comes from bias and denial, but there's quite a bit of evidence to the contrary that the fandom has uncovered over the years.

It took me about a year after finishing ADWD to come to my own conclusion and feel comfortable with it. That was a tough year - mentally and emotionally exhausting. Oddly, those same sour thoughts and emotions have resurfaced over the last day or so. I suppose I should give "credit" to the show runners for that.

You could go to westeros.org and read through the thousands of threads and posts that analyze the matter, or you could click the link below and see some of the main points. It's not an exhaustive discussion as it doesn't cover many of the story aspects, but it might be worth a peek for some of you.

SPOILERS (obviously)

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comme...tain_comeback/
                        Winter is Coming!

Comment

• To be truthfully honest I'd be more surprised if Jon Snow is alive. He's probably my favorite character, but this is the Game of Thrones, this show has been killing off the biggest characters since day one. So, if Jon is alive I'll be kind of surprised. Again, I haven't read the books, but I intend on reading them, but only after the show has ended.

Comment

• Killing off a major character like Ned Stark served the story because it separated his family members so they could go off into their own story arcs and provided motives for revenge and war.

Killing off Jon Snow does what? How does that advance anything?

There are momentum-killing and momentum-building cliffhangers. This episode was a mixed bag. Killing off Jon killed the momentum and interest in the The Wall plotline.

Dany's scene was also a momentum killer. Everyone wants her to gain more power and control in Essos so she can invade Westeros, but now she's back to square one, season one in the hands of the Dothraki...probably setting up more rape shock scenes for the next season. SMH

It's amazing how one can love a show and hate it at the same time, getting your buttons pressed right and left!

Comment

Killing off a major character like Ned Stark served the story because it separated his family members so they could go off into their own story arcs and provided motives for revenge and war.

Killing off Jon Snow does what? How does that advance anything?

There are momentum-killing and momentum-building cliffhangers. This episode was a mixed bag. Killing off Jon killed the momentum and interest in the The Wall plotline.

Dany's scene was also a momentum killer. Everyone wants her to gain more power and control in Essos so she can invade Westeros, but now she's back to square one, season one in the hands of the Dothraki...probably setting up more rape shock scenes for the next season. SMH

It's amazing how one can love a show and hate it at the same time, getting your buttons pressed right and left!
                              Well if he is resurrected you could say that he fulfilled his oath to the Night's Watch which would obviously open many other options for the character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                                Well if he is resurrected you could say that he fulfilled his oath to the Night's Watch which would obviously open many other options for the character.
                                Interesting take on the oath! VERY. Maybe that's how they get around the pesky character honor.
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X