No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've also been pondering his fate for over a year now, and like the rest, I'd be pretty surprised if he was actually dead. There's just too much evidence and likely theories surrounding him to just have him killed off.

To answer LM's question about what purpose it serves to kill him...GRRM isn't writing his story to please people, he's trying to tell a story. Jon doomed himself with his actions and something like that did seem inevitable. To prevent the inevitable just because he wants to spin the story a certain way...that's not his style. If he's alive, it's because he's important to the ending of the book, but after reflecting on it, Jon Snow dying made real sense in the scheme of the books.

Doesn't mean he'll stay dead though!
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
      I've also been pondering his fate for over a year now, and like the rest, I'd be pretty surprised if he was actually dead. There's just too much evidence and likely theories surrounding him to just have him killed off.

To answer LM's question about what purpose it serves to kill him...GRRM isn't writing his story to please people, he's trying to tell a story. Jon doomed himself with his actions and something like that did seem inevitable. To prevent the inevitable just because he wants to spin the story a certain way...that's not his style. If he's alive, it's because he's important to the ending of the book, but after reflecting on it, Jon Snow dying made real sense in the scheme of the books.

Doesn't mean he'll stay dead though!
      Yeah I realize GRRM isnt trying to please people, I wasn't trying to suggest he do otherwise. The question I posed has nothing to do with what I want, but with how his absence serves the story or fits the history being made. Yes, I agree that an assassination attempt on Jon was inevitable, but the success of that was not -there's no such guarantees, and lots of options were possible. I liked Ned too but his death is blatantly needed to set up multiple conflicts and that by contrast is more understandable and acceptable.

I only posed that question in support of the case that he is not going to remain dead. For him to remain so, would render too many important scenes moot and pointless, like the recent confrontation with the WW's and the Night's King. It serves the story better to bring him back.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• I'm guessing that the conclusion toward which Martin is working is the unification of Westeros under a good ruler after the apocalyptic threat of the White Walkers has been countered. The story is very political with a number of players vying to sit on the Iron Throne. I don't see how the conclusion can be reached without eliminating most of the rivals. That would seem to be inevitable in an epic. The genre of fantasy does lend many possibilities which is one of its charms.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I know everyone is saying jon might come back but in which body?? Dont you think theyll burn his body since you know wight jon is highly likely if not taken care of

Comment

• you guys are funny, my money is he isn't coming back unless it is as a white walker. in the article i posted, they even said he already cut his hair, hair he grew out for the show.

i would be surprised if he comes back, pleasantly surprised i might add....if he came back as jon snow that is.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              To be truthfully honest I'd be more surprised if Jon Snow is alive. He's probably my favorite character, but this is the Game of Thrones, this show has been killing off the biggest characters since day one. So, if Jon is alive I'll be kind of surprised. Again, I haven't read the books, but I intend on reading them, but only after the show has ended.
              agreed, people speculated if ned stark was actually dead and even i was guilty of speculating if Tywin Lannister really died.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                you guys are funny, my money is he isn't coming back unless it is as a white walker. in the article i posted, they even said he already cut his hair, hair he grew out for the show.

i would be surprised if he comes back, pleasantly surprised i might add....if he came back as jon snow that is.
                CP bet on this Baphs?

The haircut "evidence" has already been refuted elsewhere. He cut his hair (a trim) back in January, as he does after every season and then lets it grow back up to the time of the next shooting. He's still under contract, and he has no other projects which is what these interviews are usually about IF and when an actor is really done with a show.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                  I know everyone is saying jon might come back but in which body?? Dont you think theyll burn his body since you know wight jon is highly likely if not taken care of
                  Yeah some people think he's warged into Ghost. Someone else thinks Melisandre will take his body to Braavos and resurrect him in the Red Temple. She did say to Arya back in Season 3 "we will meet again", and that's where Arya is now.

Comment

• While I realize the books have different names, this story really does play out like a game. When you consider who has died thus far, you can trace their deaths back to a tactical error almost every time. You begin to wonder who is the best at playing the game. Petyr Baelish is the first one that comes to my mind. He's playing everybody. Of course, this makes him incredibly hard to pull for, because he's morally indignant. This does however, make him very good at staying alive and in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                      CP bet on this Baphs?

The haircut "evidence" has already been refuted elsewhere. He cut his hair (a trim) back in January, as he does after every season and then lets it grow back up to the time of the next shooting. He's still under contract, and he has no other projects which is what these interviews are usually about IF and when an actor is really done with a show.
                      sure, i will cp you if he comes back as jon snow. the only problem is, i don't watch the show every week, i wait until i can binge watch it, usually after like the 7th or 8th episode has passed.

ive done that every season, i do that with every show i watch. i hate watching an episode then waiting a week. so please don't sent me a PM saying pay up right after it happens, if it does.
                      sigpic

Comment

• by the way.....

that is pretty damn short to be grown back in 6 months or whenever they start shooting again.
                        sigpic

Comment

• So what's your position, Baph ,that he might come back as someone else? My contention is that he is not going to remain dead, period. Are you betting against that?

As for that January haircut in your photos, it's kind of slicked to the side and not terribly short -certainly not a buzzcut, and he got some length back. This is what he looked like two weeks ago:

and paparazzi shot last week:

They might resurrect him later in the season episode 9 or 10 which is an even longer wait for that shoot. But even so, it's irrelevant. Remember that Jaimie Lannister had a haircut, so it's not like they have to stick with long hair anyway. So much for this counting as "evidence".

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                            So what's your position, Baph ,that he might come back as someone else? My contention is that he is not going to remain dead, period. Are you betting against that?

As for that January haircut in your photos, it's kind of slicked to the side and not terribly short -certainly not a buzzcut, and he got some length back. This is what he looked like two weeks ago:

and paparazzi shot last week:

They might resurrect him later in the season episode 9 or 10 which is an even longer wait for that shoot. But even so, it's irrelevant. Remember that Jaimie Lannister had a haircut, so it's not like they have to stick with long hair anyway. So much for this counting as "evidence".
                            well he could be raised by the white walkers. i honestly don't know man but i just know they kill off characters on that show like its going out of style.

i'm just saying i will be pretty surprised if he comes back as jon snow.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              well he could be raised by the white walkers. i honestly don't know man but i just know they kill off characters on that show like its going out of style.

i'm just saying i will be pretty surprised if he comes back as jon snow.
                              They do, it's Game of Death, but the Stark family are the protagonists, and the three that died before Jon changed the balance of power in Westeros and moved the overall plot of political intrigue along. Jon's absence does not. For many of his scenes to make sense, he needs to be in the story in one form or another. They don't kill people for no good reason -storywise- to fill some shocking death quota!

Anyway, do I win our bet if he returns with a different name, different or altered body, or warged into Ghost?

Personally I like the idea of him returning out of a funeral pyre, unburned by virtue of a secret Targaryen parentage.
                              Last edited by L.M.; 06-19-2015, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• ^^^ Those gifs are taken from a pretty interesting point in that panel/discussion.

Of course, the unintentional innuendo brings out the embarrassment and laughs, but a few seconds later Dan Weiss says, "Two words for you: Season 6." - and he looks oddly serious and pointed when he says it.

When I first watched this a few months ago I thought that that was merely a spoilery slip-up that was quickly and conveniently redirected. The moment seems even more odd now knowing what they all knew then. Not sure what it all means, if anything, just interesting.

It's right at the 22:00 mark if you're interested in checking it out.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X