Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Snow is not coming back

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10333631.html
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      The article and the comment from the director only confirms that he is in fact dead. Most fans agree -he's dead. That doesn't mean that he can't or won't return. And if Kit or David Nutter is actually privy to plans for the character (and they may not be), there is no way in hell that they would just tell the media and spoil the surprise. No way.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• It looks like he's definitely out for next season as quoted. Beyond that -sure, anything is possible. They'll have to weigh between 'cliche' and 'what the fans want' and 'if it's good for the story'

I never would have guessed he'd have been killed off this season. And to be betrayed by his own peeps ....... At this point I'd like to see the wildlings take over Castle Black. And with Sam gone, no one remains to hope survives such a battle.

I wonder if these Wildlings end up solving the Bolton situation.

Comment

• If you're going to take things at face value as given, then the belief is that Jon Snow wont return, in which case the ruse will have worked, and the surprise of his return will be effective-- as planned.

Jon's ultimate final fate is up to GRR Martin, and the D&D producers if they wish to adhere to his plans and plotlines for major characters - certainly not up to fans. They have deviated a little bit from GRRM in minor ways to make a TV adaptation work, but I seriously doubt they would attempt to diverge into a vastly different story from what will appear in the Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring novels. They have his basic outline for those books. If Jon has an instrumental role and "destiny" to play out for the endgame (and I believe he does), then he will be back.

In the books, Cat Stark is resurrected as Lady Stoneheart. That seems to be omitted, and I believe this is because they don't want resurrection to seem commonplace or like a convenient safety net for characters. It's reserved for Jon, and the example of Lord Beric in the Brotherhood was given as foreshadowing to set this up for a more important and crucial character like Jon.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

Anyway, do I win our bet if he returns with a different name, different or altered body, or warged into Ghost?
            lol i don't know, it's not like i am hell bent on the idea that he doesn't come back, i just don't think he will. we don't have to bet, i will just CP you if you are right and he comes back as jon snow.

i think it's more likely he comes back as some sort of undead if they don't give him a funeral pyre. keep in mind i have never read the books and IMO if you have and know something, that isn't cool in my book to be debating things that have not happened on the show yet but possibly have in the books.
            Last edited by baphamet; 06-21-2015, 12:42 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              lol i don't know, it's not like i am hell bent on the idea that he doeskin come back, i just don't think he will. we don't have to bet, i will just CP you if you are right and he comes back as jon snow.

i think it's more likely he comes back as some sort of undead if they don't give him a funeral pyre. keep in mind i have never read the books and IMO if you have and know something, that isn't cool in my book to be debating things that have not happened on the show yet but possibly have in the books.
              I haven't read all five books yet, but from what I gather, the series is now caught up with them. Jon is apparently killed in the the last book as well as the show and that's all anyone knows. So now everyone -readers and viewers alike- Is in the dark about season 6, unless Martin manages to get The Winds of Winter published before it airs.

Comment

I haven't read all five books yet, but from what I gather, the series is now caught up with them. Jon is apparently killed in the the last book as well as the show and that's all anyone knows. So now everyone -readers and viewers alike- Is in the dark about season 6, unless Martin manages to get The Winds of Winter published before it airs.
                cool, i just see people reference the books when i read about this debate, as if something different happens in the books but they never say what it is.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  cool, i just see people reference the books when i read about this debate, as if something different happens in the books but they never say what it is.
                  Jon Snow's mysterious origin is another part of the debate (here and elsewhere) and some of that stems from the books but even this material has crept into the show and can be identified if one pays attention!

There's a popular fan theory with some good evidence that Jon is not Ned's son by a commoner, but the son of his sister Lyanna by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen ,the Mad King's son. He kidnapped her, raped her (or they had a secret love affair -who knows) and that's part of the reason Robert Baratheon (her fiancee) rebelled and took the throne. In season 5 episode 4, this story is recounted by Littlefinger and Sansa at Lyanna's crypt beneath Winterfell. In the same episode, Ser Barristan told Dany about her older brother Rhaegar and his singing -Rhaegar brought up twice! I don't believe they wasted these scenes on coincidental and pointless babble, and this background info will be brought to bear later. So on the matter of Jon's death being permanent, it's a stupid waste to kill off a character shrouded in mystery without that being revealed first, and especially if he's a legit heir to the Iron Throne! Maybe.
                  Last edited by L.M.; 06-21-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Jon Snow's mysterious origin is another part of the debate (here and elsewhere) and some of that stems from the books but even this material has crept into the show and can be identified if one pays attention!

There's a popular fan theory with some good evidence that Jon is not Ned's son by a commoner, but the son of his sister Lyanna by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen ,the Mad King's son. He kidnapped her, raped her (or they had a secret love affair -who knows) and that's part of the reason Robert Baratheon (her fiancee) rebelled and took the throne. In season 5 episode 4, this story is recounted by Littlefinger and Sansa at Lyanna's crypt beneath Winterfell. In the same episode, Ser Barristan told Dany about her older brother Rhaegar and his singing -Rhaegar brought up twice! I don't believe they wasted these scenes on coincidental and pointless babble, and this background info will be brought to bear later. So on the matter of Jon's death being permanent, it's a stupid waste to kill off a character shrouded in mystery without that being revealed first, and especially if he's a legit heir to the Iron Throne! Maybe.
                    Yeah it would be stupid not to bring him back at a later time theres still so much for jon to do.

They also said lyanna died in a pool of her own blood perhaps she died from giving birth to jon and died maybe it is maybe its not

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                      Yeah it would be stupid not to bring him back at a later time theres still so much for jon to do.

They also said lyanna died in a pool of her own blood perhaps she died from giving birth to jon and died maybe it is maybe its not
                      And Ser Barristan said Rhaegar didn't like killing- that he was a singer, so probably more a lover than a fighter. Murdering Lyanna like that seems unlikely.

This video summarizes the speculation on Jon's importance and origin perfectly (and humorously):

Film Theory: Jon Snow is THE KEY to Game of Thrones

Comment

And Ser Barristan said Rhaegar didn't like killing- that he was a singer, so probably more a lover than a fighter. Murdering Lyanna like that seems unlikely.

This video summarizes the speculation on Jon's importance and origin perfectly (and humorously):

Film Theory: Jon Snow is THE KEY to Game of Thrones

I agree if jon is anything other than rhaegar and lyannas child then GRRM is a bigger troll than i thought theres no other way to spin his origins

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• WOW Lynch ..... that's brutal

... looks like I need to spread before I can CP again

Comment

• I found some interesting videos recently which recount the history and legends of Westeros and Essos from ancient times up until...Season 1(?) and accompanied by various artworks.

They are narrated by many actors from the HBO Game of Thrones series who give their individual versions of events from their characters' points of view, so you will hear these from Brandon or Rickon Stark, Cat Stark, Robb Stark, Maester Luwin, Margaery Tyrell, Tywin Lannister, Robert Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Theon Greyjoy, Yara Greyjoy, Petyr Baelish, Varys, Viserys Targaryen, Ygritte, etc. etc.

part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_64...nc5DeDDuEEo6rF

part 3.1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RYG...EEo6rF&index=3

part 3.2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RYG...EEo6rF&index=3

Comment

• Filming is about to begin for season 6....

Possible Spoiler:

Kit Harrington has been spotted in Belfast several times

Last edited by Den615; 07-21-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X