Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Sadly, A Song of Ice & Fire book six: The Winds of Winter will NOT be finished before Game of Thrones season six aires, or anytime "soon".

Read George R.R. Martin's explanation and apology here:
    http://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html

Personally, I blame the Jets for having a somewhat successful season and almost clinching a playoff berth. George is a hardcore fan and highly distractible anyway.
    Only problem is, now that they missed the playoffs, he's going to be depressed again. Everyone is going to die just before getting exactly what they want now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Only problem is, now that they missed the playoffs, he's going to be depressed again. Everyone is going to die just before getting exactly what they want now.
      i know nothing about this writer, is he really that unstable? you sure it just isn't arrogance because he knows he is sitting on a pot of gold and just doing things at his own pace?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        i know nothing about this writer, is he really that unstable? you sure it just isn't arrogance because he knows he is sitting on a pot of gold and just doing things at his own pace?
        I dunno. I was just joking, but you'd think he would be motivated to finish. The major plot points of his upcoming book are presumably going to be revealed before he finishes it. Unless the show and the books go in two completely different directions. Last I heard though, they were working in collaboration on that. I could be wrong.

Comment

Yes, but not so much arrogance than just simply enjoying his newfound $ucce$$, and all the distractions it opened up: tons of travel, especially to events -mainly conventions to which he's been invited to speak and sign books. He also took on lots of side projects - writing stories and editing other books, buying a small movie theater and hosting events there, and so he just spread himself too thin.

But he's been writing these rather huge books (many of them being about the size of the Lord of the Rings) for two decades, and because of their size, it takes a long time to produce a new volume -longer (maybe twice that) of the average novel. Six years or so?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I dunno. I was just joking, but you'd think he would be motivated to finish. The major plot points of his upcoming book are presumably going to be revealed before he finishes it. Unless the show and the books go in two completely different directions. Last I heard though, they were working in collaboration on that. I could be wrong.
            He tried to point out (in an effort to be optimistic about the situation I guess) that the series has already diverged significantly from the books, will continue to do so, and that the final two novels will still contain may surprises and different fates for various characters, many of which never made it to the screen.

But nobody (especially him) is happy about this divergence escalating to the point that the show writers are now creating most everything without adapting source material. We just have to hope that they don't screw it up and make a lame ending.

Comment

i know you were joking i was mainly referring to the "he's going to be depressed again" comment. i am just curious because i like said i don't know anything about the guy.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, but not so much arrogance than just simply enjoying his newfound $ucce$$, and all the distractions it opened up: tons of travel, especially to events -mainly conventions to which he's been invited to speak and sign books. He also took on lots of side projects - writing stories and editing other books, buying a small movie theater and hosting events there, and so he just spread himself too thin.

But he's been writing these rather huge books (many of them being about the size of the Lord of the Rings) for two decades, and because of their size, it takes a long time to produce a new volume -longer (maybe twice that) of the average novel. Six years or so?
                well all that makes sense to me, i'm assuming its not going to affect the show as long as he at least knows what he is going to write and just hasn't competed it yet, so he can communicate that to the writers of the show, correct?
                sigpic

Comment

well all that makes sense to me, i'm assuming its not going to affect the show as long as he at least knows what he is going to write and just hasn't competed it yet, so he can communicate that to the writers of the show, correct?
                  Yeah he even wrote some of the episodes directly himself, one per season except the last. He worked in TV before, in the 80s.

But he's sat down with the two main producers Benioff and Weiss a couple of times and shared his rough outline for how the series ends and the resolution of the main characters. Not sure how closely they will follow that though.

Comment

Yeah he even wrote some of the episodes directly himself, one per season except the last. He worked in TV before, in the 80s.

But he's sat down with the two main producers Benioff and Weiss a couple of times and shared his rough outline for how the series ends and the resolution of the main characters. Not sure how closely they will follow that though.

A lot of pressure to keep that Jon Snow guy alive. Which kind of goes against the way he writes. I mean he's been killing main characters off since the beginning. No one knows whether he's alive in the books or not? I wonder if the outcry has changed the way he went with the characters fate or the shows direction with Snow? I know I was peeved when the killed his dad. It's gonna be interesting. HBO rules! Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, True Detective (season 1)....

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      A lot of pressure to keep that Jon Snow guy alive. Which kind of goes against the way he writes. I mean he's been killing main characters off since the beginning. No one knows whether he's alive in the books or not? I wonder if the outcry has changed the way he went with the characters fate or the shows direction with Snow? I know I was peeved when the killed his dad. It's gonna be interesting. HBO rules! Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, True Detective (season 1)....
                      --and Rome! Actors for Caesar and Brutus reprised in GoT as Mance and Robb's cousin -what's his face?

I don't think GRRM is killing just to kill though because that's his 'style', nor that he's trying to engineer some kind of fantasy holocaust and bury the whole cast. Jon Snow is a reallly important character is more ways than have been fully explored yet, and I do believe Kit Harrington was seen in Belfast on set last Summer soooo... make of that what you will! Personally I think he comes back somehow and figures into the final endgame...maybe to die then!

Comment

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                          Was there any doubt that snow wasnt going to come back????
                          Well, if Winter's coming ...
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                            Well, if Winter's coming ...
                            Yeah he was the only one who gave a crap

Comment

• And... BOOM!

From out of nowhere HBO releases the first trailer for the new season.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by mount-n-groan View Post
                                and... Boom!

From out of nowhere hbo releases the first trailer for the new season.

omgomgomgomg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many things to talk about !!!!!!
                                sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                                X