X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
    2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I expected Brienne to rescue Sansa and fulfill her oath to Lady Stark last season.
      Then I thought they would run into Lady Stoneheart last season but I'm glad Brienne showed up tonight !
      Who'd a thunk Theon would finally grow a spine ?

And what's up with Melisandre checking out Jon on the table and then hitting the rack ?
      Don't those guys in the room have a midnight deadline ?
      Ser Davos alluded to what he has seen Melisandre do before, so maybe still some hope for Jon.
      Ghost looks ready to rumble !!!

Yeah, most was a catch up from last season like every year, like anyone needs it lol.
      Lots to come, looks like we'll see Bran next week.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Episode was good, mostly catching us up on where everyone is at.

Couple things :

-Melisandre WTH was that ?!?! Is she like super old but steal people life essence or something, is it the stone ?

-The 1st full on nude scene with her and its in old lady form ? LAAAAME LOL

-She said she saw Jon fight at winterfell, so maybe she will try to bring him back. I think there is a link between Jon coming back and her

The rest of the episode was pretty straight forward. Sansa and briene about to kick some but together
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• I would say the Bolton's are just about screwed. We already knew the Lannister's weren't going to help them, and they need Sanza to unify the north. Now they're talking about possibly attacking the wall? Guess you gotta do what you gotta do...

Based on what he said, Baelish was betting on Stanis defeating the Boltons and liberating Sanza. Wonder how he's going to feel about them when he realizes what they did to her. Pissing him off isn't very good for your health.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
            I expected Brienne to rescue Sansa and fulfill her oath to Lady Stark last season.
            Then I thought they would run into Lady Stoneheart last season but I'm glad Brienne showed up tonight !
            Who'd a thunk Theon would finally grow a spine ?
            I was amazed he grew one last season when he pushed psychochick off the catwalk and then he leaped off a 4-story parapet... which made me laugh when seeeing them running through the woods without any sprained or broken legs and ankles!

I think Lady Stoneheart has been torpedoed from the adaptation otherwise she would have entered already?

And what's up with Melisandre checking out Jon on the table and then hitting the rack ?
            Don't those guys in the room have a midnight deadline ?
            Ser Davos alluded to what he has seen Melisandre do before, so maybe still some hope for Jon.
            Ghost looks ready to rumble !!!
            Mel is clearly tired, defeated, disillusioned or confused by visions and prophecies which failed to manifest as forseen, and she's in a crisis of faith now.
            Davos was alluding to her offensive powers, like making shadow baby assassins; he's never seen her resurrect anyone and is unaware of that potential.

Yeah, most was a catch up from last season like every year, like anyone needs it lol.
            Lots to come, looks like we'll see Bran next week.
            This episode continued most of the threads with new material even though it was slower, setting up the next major sequence of events. Some of that felt flat after all the buildup, expectation, and hype these past few months, but most of the other season openers thus far have been less than spectacular too, imo.

I'm very hopeful for the Bran storyline, but dreading the Adventures of Sam & Gilly as they plod to Oldetown -praying they skip that altogether!
            Last edited by L.M.; 04-25-2016, 10:22 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
              Episode was good, mostly catching us up on where everyone is at.

Couple things :

-Melisandre WTH was that ?!?! Is she like super old but steal people life essence or something, is it the stone ?

-The 1st full on nude scene with her and its in old lady form ? LAAAAME LOL
              Yeah full frontal nudity of an old hag was a new twist to their shock tactics and a bit unnecessary, IMO. I think I would have ended it with her aged reflection in the mirror.

See the link in my post at the top of this page. She's old, maybe ancient, and her magic collar has hidden that. Imagine if Stannis had ripped it off her neck in the midst of his wild, intimate passion with her!
              Last edited by L.M.; 04-25-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                I would say the Bolton's are just about screwed. We already knew the Lannister's weren't going to help them, and they need Sanza to unify the north. Now they're talking about possibly attacking the wall? Guess you gotta do what you gotta do...

Based on what he said, Baelish was betting on Stanis defeating the Boltons and liberating Sanza. Wonder how he's going to feel about them when he realizes what they did to her. Pissing him off isn't very good for your health.
                The Boltons were doomed no matter what. Recall the meeting of Baelish and Cersei in the middle of last season. She gave him permission to wipe out whichever party was left after the battle (since both are enemies of the crown --Boltons for wedding and harboring Sansa) with his army from the Vale. His condition for "helping" her was his being named the next Warden of the North -his next big gambit in his bid for more power and control of Westeros, all part of his ulterior ambition for seizing the Iron Throne itself!

If Ramsay leads a contingent to Castle Black, then Roose is left in the noose! And the Night's Watch is also doomed with up to three enemies potentially bearing down on it now.
                Last edited by L.M.; 04-25-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  The Boltons were doomed no matter what. Recall the meeting of Baelish and Cersei in the middle of last season. She gave him permission to wipe out whichever party was left after the battle (since both are enemies of the crown --Boltons for wedding and harboring Sansa) with his army from the Vale. His condition for "helping" her was his being named the next Warden of the North -his next big gambit in his bid for more power and control of Westeros, all part of his ulterior ambition for seizing the Iron Throne itself!

If Ramsay leads a contingent to Castle Black, then Roose is left in the noose! And the Night's Watch is also doomed with up to three enemies potentially bearing down on it now.
                  Good riddance.

Comment

• It was good to breakfast on GoT.

Comment

Yeah full frontal nudity of an old hag was a new twist to their shock tactics and a bit unnecessary, IMO. I think I would have ended it with her aged reflection in the mirror.

See the link in my post at the top of this page. She's old, maybe ancient, and her magic collar has hidden that. Imagine if Stannis had ripped it off her neck in the midst of his wild, intimate passion with her!
                      Actually theres a scene with her in a tub and her necklace is off so i dunno if its her necklace

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                        Actually theres a scene with her in a tub and her necklace is off so i dunno if its her necklace
                        Good catch CB, she's definitely not wearing it here yet she's still young:

However it may be working in tandem with more than one thing. As she removed the necklace the stone in the necklace turned bright red for a split-second and then she turned old once it was off of her so there's a connection to it. She placed it on a table with potion flasks in the foreground. Now back at that tub scene, she asked Stannis' wife to fetch her a potion off the shelf...so I suspect she's using those as well.

She also may be vampirically drawing energy from sacrifices for herself too.

Comment

Good catch CB, she's definitely not wearing it here yet she's still young:

However it may be working in tandem with more than one thing. As she removed the necklace the stone in the necklace turned bright red for a split-second and then she turned old once it was off of her so there's a connection to it. She placed it on a table with potion flasks in the foreground. Now back at that tub scene, she asked Stannis' wife to fetch her a potion off the shelf...so I suspect she's using those as well.

She also may be vampirically drawing energy from sacrifices for herself too.
                          Im thinkin that too i was thinkin maybe her faith with the lord of light is shaken and her real form illustrates how she feels or something like that

Comment

Im thinkin that too i was thinkin maybe her faith with the lord of light is shaken and her real form illustrates how she feels or something like that
                            That is exactly what i think. I read something on reddit about Thoros of Myr and how he had lost his fate before ressurecting danderion for the 1st time.
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

That would make some sense, her vitality and power supernaturally tied to her faith.
                              Last edited by L.M.; 04-26-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                                That is exactly what i think. I read something on reddit about Thoros of Myr and how he had lost his fate before ressurecting danderion for the 1st time.
                                Lost his faith you mean? At about 3:20 in the video link below, the Red Woman inquires about Beric's multiple resurrections and Thoros describes the first one and what that article you mention refers to:

Game of Thrones - The Red Woman meeting Thoros of Myr

It's also worth watching to the conclusion for the Red Woman's weird prophecy to Arya, which may come to pass this season...
                                Last edited by L.M.; 04-26-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X