Appeared that way also one more wolfy down
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              Business is picking up.

The Walker king is a Stark isn't he?
              Quite possibly. From Game of Thrones wiki:

"The Night's King is a legendary Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. According to legend, he was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. He brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years. During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the North. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that the Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that he had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten. It is likely this led the lords of the North to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

One of the Stories Old Nan told Bran is about the Night's King. She said some people believe the Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot. However, she identified the Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of the North, and hints his name was Brandon. "

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                Quite possibly. From Game of Thrones wiki:

"The Night's King is a legendary Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. According to legend, he was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. He brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years. During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the North. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that the Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that he had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten. It is likely this led the lords of the North to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

One of the Stories Old Nan told Bran is about the Night's King. She said some people believe the Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot. However, she identified the Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of the North, and hints his name was Brandon. "
                Brandon the Builder than?
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  Brandon the Builder than?
                  No, Brandon the Builder was a king -the first one in the North, the founder of Winterfell and the Wall. The Night's King came some time after - he was the 13th Lord Commander of the NW.

Comment

• great episode!!

Comment

• This season is just crazy. SO many reveals and major developments. I need to make a list because it's getting hard to keep track of all of them in my head.

Some of you may have noticed, but there's quite a bit of chatter and accolades being thrown towards "whomever came up with the Hold The Door Theory". I've been a part of this fandom for a long time and the first time I heard this theory was just a few months ago. You know... AFTER this season was filmed.

I contend that the Hold The Door Theory wasn't a theory at all, but rather a reveal; essentially a spoiler cleverly disguised as a crack pot theory by someone in the know. I had my doubts initially, and now I'm all but convinced that this was the case. I could be wrong, and there might be an age-old thread on the Westeros board that proves it, but whatever...

Now, the CotF being responsible for the creation of the White Walkers? That theory is, at least, 10-12 years old - probably older.

Great episode and such a great season so far. We still have 5 more episodes, but someday while looking back I think that many, many people will consider this to be the best/strongest season of the series.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that in the "Inside The Episode", the show creators confirm that the origin of "Hodor" was something that GRRM told them about.
                      Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 05-23-2016, 09:36 AM.
                      Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Game of Thrones Season 6: Inside the Episode #5 (HBO)

Comment

• I'll give Episode Five a 8/10 --as great as the last one, IMO.

The only things I didn't like is Littlefinger teleporting across the continent again (Molestown is right by Castle Black, a loooong ways from the Vale -does he have Gandalf's horse - Shadowfax?), and the Army of the Dead teleporting from Hardhome to this tree site some distance roughly north of Craster's. Or maybe they just happened to be back in that area again, but why? They were already in that vicinity near the Fist of the First Men before Hardhome. They seem to be moving back and forth on an East-West axis instead of moving South to attack the Wall.

Here's where these sites are (click for a larger view):

Hardhome is on the hook-like peninsula on the far eastern shore where we last saw the Army of the Dead in Season 5 episode 8. I would have thought they would march South from there and assail the Wall near Eastwatch, so what are they up to?

Of course, if the Night's King is the former lord of one of the ruined castles along the Wall, the Nightfort, then he may know to check that one as a possible way through -like the one used by Sam and Bran! I guess that could explain their return to that longitude...
                          Last edited by L.M.; 05-23-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Hoooodooooooooor
                            sigpic

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• My mind hurts thinking about Bran can do. So hodor since that day in the past ( because of what bran did in the present ) can only say Hodor, but that day is also the day of his death ? So what bran fried his mind and since that day Hodor's mind has been stuck at holding the door...i dont know where ?

At some point he got off the ground and stopped seizing right ? So he just lived his life untill the time (in the present) where he died to hold the door ( wich happens at the same time has him gettting double warged into in the past AND present)

Time travel element hurt my brain lol

Other things

-I think sansa made a mistake sending baiylish away without even learning he has the backing of the knights of the vail, almost made a mistake not telling Jon about bailish.

-Jon and Sansa with the stark wolf pets looked awesome, hope the manderlys join em so we get the red wedding revenge.

-I still think Bailish stays in Moatcalin and comes in to save the day Gandalf style during the battle for winterfell

-euron building the fleet for dany i like that, Yara and Theon stealing the fleet to get away also. Thing is where do they go ?, Theon convince's Yara to go help Jon ? Who knows

-Cant wait for the blackfish to come back on the show

Great episode, this season has been amazing so far
                                sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                                X