Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think it's that, something to do with Brienne's convo with Jaime, or a combination of both?

Arya, smh...again. At least she has the element of surprise now. Along with a serious belly ache. Let's see if she squanders it. I swear she's the luckiest character in this show.

Sandor's return is not all sunshine and rainbows. He HATES the BWB and worshippers of the lord of light now. That could lead to some conflicting interests moving forward. Seems like that's going to be a serious theme for a lot of characters pretty soon. Everyone's falling in line now. Gearing up for the end, it seems.
    Apparently she has Wolverine's healing ability from the looks of the preview! Let's say multiple stabs to her skinny little trunk actually miss vital organs somehow, unbelievably. Her stomach muscles are now shredded and she would not have been able to fight, swim and certainly not walk upright at all after that! And Braavos is essentially like Venice where people used the canals as a sewer, and her swim through that would likely infect the wound.

Her scenes were just plain awful, and she was written so stupidly into that situation for shock value. Hey it worked for Talisa's pregnant belly at the Red Wedding -why not here? These writers aren't above reverting to such tactics.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
      BUt again s6 trailer had a scene with freys and Lannister celebrating so chances are they loose teh castle. I am still however holding hope that the Blackfish hides some men in the city and that we get a red wedding V2
      That sounds more like a reversed Trojan Horse plan! Good idea!

Those are some high walls surrounded by a moat. What kind of siege towers are going to overcome that? Ginormous ones which have their own elevated drawbridges that span the width of the moat to dock onto the ramparts. And how soon can they be constructed?

But I didn't see any victory celebrations, CB?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
        That sounds more like a reversed Trojan Horse plan! Good idea!

Those are some high walls surrounded by a moat. What kind of siege towers are going to overcome that? Ginormous ones which have their own elevated drawbridges that span the width of the moat to dock onto the ramparts. And how soon can they be constructed?

[B]But I didn't see any victory celebrations, CB?[B]

Yeh that scene is on the trailer for season 6, not the preview for this week. So if we do get what I am hoping it's gonna be ep 10.
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Does Jaqen H'ghar share Wlaschiha's admiration? The actor won't say, but he does suggest that the relationship between Jaqen and Arya is perhaps more predestined, or at least more purposeful, than one would initially think.

"From the beginning, he's somehow chosen her to be his apprentice," he says. "He wasn't in that cage for nothing. It wasn't just random. I think he always had a bigger plan for her. He's trying to teach her to the best of his abilities, even if sometimes that comes across as punishing or hurting her."

"I think Jaqen wants what's best for her," he continues, "because he has an agenda with her."

But Arya has an agenda of her own, according to Williams: "Arya this season will learn the most valuable lesson she has learned and will ever have learned. She's going to develop a skill that's going to come in handy and will benefit her for a very, very long time. I guess the people who are training her are going to almost create a bit of a monster. They're going to give away all of their best-kept secrets, and she's going to ultimately use that to her advantage."

In other words, Arya Stark lives, as much as she swears she's "No One" — and it's bound to be very bad news for more than a few someones.
            'Game of Thrones': Maisie Williams Previews Arya Stark's Dark Season 6 Journey

I hope we get to see Needle back in action this week!

Last edited by L.M.; 06-07-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Okay, I was pondering Jorah's Quest for a cure to greyscale disease a little more, and while I think the Citadel at Oldetown might have some answers, maybe even the same maesters who worked on little Shireen, the fact is that he's in Essos right now so I think maybe his best shot is to head back to Qarth and look up old Quaithe! Remember this chick from Season 2:

Too bad he didn't have those tattoos before he sailed through Valyria himself! But she is a very mysterious character and I wouldn't mind seeing her again. What's under her mask? Greyscale?
              Last edited by L.M.; 06-07-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                And the most unsatisfying one I've seen this season. I didn't get anything I wanted!

SoOoo clever Arya -betray an assassin's guild, then walk around everywhere in broad daylight without a disguise.

Something stinks in Braavos LM.
                Maybe a long reach but here it goes:

In the previous episode, Arya was assigned to neutralize the actress Lady Crane.
                She was warned by Jaqen that there would be no third chance.
                Arya has been in the House of Black and White for 2 years now.
                She has learned a LOT.
                She knew the consequences of failing that assignment.

The Waif has been jealous of Arya since the beginning.
                Ever since Arya gave Jaqen that axe to get out of that cage during a fire, Jaqen has been enchanted by "a girl".
                Jaqen offers to kill any 3 people to repay his debt to Arya for saving his life.
                Jaqen thought Arya would be a great candidate as an apprentice at his assassin factory.
                Arya was lured to Braavos by Jaqen's mystery with the Valar Morghulis passport iron coin.
                She wanted to have skills like Jaqen but had no idea the ordeal she would go through.
                Arya was given the coin in Season 2 and finally sailed to Braavos in Season 4.

Arya learned a lot but never completely transformed to No One.
                The fiesty little Stark girl was still inside her.
                She couldn't kill the actress. Her Stark morality prevailed again.

As we know, the Waif was spying on Arya and reported her failure.
                She said to Jaqen, "You promised me."
                Jaqen agrees to let the Waif take out her grudge but orders her not to let Arya suffer:

Interesting, in this clip Waif refers to herself as "I" and "me", not "a girl".

Now a quick slit to the carotid would have been relatively painless.
                But multiple jabs to the gut with a shiv ?
                Awful way to go with your intestines falling out.
                And a slow, suffering way to go too.

In the previous episode (was) we saw Arya retrieving Needle from the rocks in the jetty by the harbor.
                Then we saw her hiding in a cave as she put Needle by her side.
                She knew there would be potential consequences.
                She was in defensive mode.

Arya is fearing for her life.
                Retaliation is imminent.
                She would use her skills and be in hiding.

Why would she go parading around ?
                Why would she ask for passage and throw bags of coin around in a public place ?

That's not the Arya we know.

That might have been Arya's face on the body that was stabbed.
                I don't think Arya was the one leaning over the bridge with her back turned.

Where did she get all that coin ?
                Where was Needle ?
                The real Arya would have had Needle.
                Arya is the only one in Braavos that knows Needle exists.

Remember the three people Arya wanted killed by the hand of Jaqen ?
                The first two, done deal.
                Then after Jaqen didn't want to help Arya escape, Arya named Jaqen !
                Jaqen was quite taken back at the shrewdness and guile of this young girl.
                So Jaqen agrees to help her escape Harrenhal and Arya retracts his name.
                Soon after Jaqen gives Arya the Valar Morghulis coin.

Jaqen still owed Arya a life.
                Far fetched ?
                We'll see.

~~~

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 06-08-2016, 04:14 PM. Reason: typo was "was", now "we"

Comment

• AZ glad to see this is cooking your noodle too! I read a thread on it at Westeros until my noodle slithered out of my ear onto the floor from so many cockamamie theories!

Something is up here and we can't take that scene at purely face value, but I just can't venture to guess what the real deal is yet. Last night I watched All Arya Stark Scenes in Season 5 (GoT) to make sure I'm not forgetting anything important about her experiences there thus far. There is a key scene where she touches a face that looks a lot like the mask on the Waif in this latest episode but I no longer think it's the same one -different noses.

I'm thinking she's been in Braavos for about a year now, not two, but the timescale is another matter altogether and not that important for this discussion.

I don't believe Jaqen owes her anything. She denied the Faceless God three men in that cart (as Jaqen put it) so that's why she could name three people to balance this religious ledger -a life for a life. Instead of the third name she demanded that he get them out of Harrenhal, and he actually had to kill 2-3 people more (the gate guards) to do that! Before that, he kept pressing her for a name to get it settled, and after he cleared the way, he stopped pressing her on that matter. So I'm pretty sure that this debt is more than repaid.

She didn't have Needle, but last time she carried it openly in Braavos, other thieves wished to take it from her. It's a treasure for her so I can see her leaving that in her hidey hole until it's time to go, to avoid any unnecessary conflict that it would attract. She probably would have at least carried a knife though I think. As for the money, assassin skills (like stealth and deception) can easily be used for thievery.

The hatred from the Waif is completely irrational (what is she a dammed Lannister or something still in their family feud?) and it was present right away in their first scene alone together until Jaqen walked in! Good catch on the lack of 3rd person in her current lines, AZ! The Waif is not acting like a Faceless Man, this is personal for her. She should have no desires, and that she exacted a "promise" reflects a desire -for revenge! And you're quite right that a strike to the guts is a slow, painful death --she actually twisted the knife very hatefully in that scene!

But if that wasn't Arya, then who is it?

Maisie?

We now know that the Faceless Men physically slice faces off of the bodies, it's not just their weird sorcery, and these are the dead faces that they store in their great hall and use when they need a disguise. Yet we saw Arya's face as she pulled multiple faces off of Jaqen's corpse right after he poisoned himself in the Season 5 finale. The Waif then pulled off her own face and became Jaqen! Was that just a crazy hallucination as Arya went blind? It really has me scratching my head but a key to this situation may be in that scene. Nobody is who they appear to be because they are all "no one" now!?

But Arya is someone: Arya Stark, and I'm sticking to that story! I just pray that they write her out of this predicament in a plausible, intelligent and satisfying way.
                  Last edited by L.M.; 06-07-2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Excellent post LM.
                    My main point of doubt is the way Arya, a well trained assassin, would waltz around Braavos so brazenly knowing that she reneged on her commitment to Jaqen. No way she would do that.

These previews are so fast, they contain several scenes per second and are full of clues. Something grabs the Waif's attention. The Waif starts running (chasing ?) and we see Arya(?) jumping off of a wall. Not something one could do with perforated guts. Def more to this than we know....

So, like you say:
                    Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                    It gives me a headache just trying to think about it or sort it out........... so I think it's best not to!
                    My head hurts too.

~~~

This is an easier plot line to decipher: The Hound is going after the Brotherhood with his axe !!!

~~~

(And I still think Sansa is....)

Comment

• AZ -I agree there's more to Arya's scene than meets the eye. In the preview, the Waif's expression indicates that she sees Arya (whom she thought dead) and then pursues her! Arya is leaping about like a superheroine either because she was never stabbed and that was someone else, or she was miraculously and quickly healed. Maybe Lady Crane has some serious healing skills, or a magical potion-ex-machina!

The Hound was getting sermons and learning from his savior/benefactor Septon Ray who wore a 7-star necklace. He will probably don that in honor of his buddy, and then go chop up some Bannerless Bros. That will be witnessed by (or reported to) a sparrow who's in the Riverlands and then word of this "hero" who slaughtered infidels of the Red God will reach the capital. Cersei will demand a trial-by-combat and name the Mountain as her champion, and the Faith will name the Hound, so we'll get the epic Clegane Bowl II!

Comment

• We're getting some long episodes girls and boys.

Episode 9 "Battle of the Bastards" will run 60m (Snow v Bolton undercard)

Episode 10 "The Winds of Winter" will be the shows longest ever at 69m (the episode name is after the unreleased book)
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          We're getting some long episodes girls and boys.

Episode 9 "Battle of the Bastards" will run 60m (Snow v Bolton undercard)

Episode 10 "The Winds of Winter" will be the shows longest ever at 69m (the episode name is after the unreleased book)
                          This battle for Winterfell worries me.
                          Roose's wife, Walda Frey, was a simple and kind woman.
                          The way Ramsay set up Walda and her baby's demise was disgusting.
                          I would love to see Jon let Ghost have his way with Ramsay.
                          Rip him to shreds for all I care.
                          I'm sure The Starks will prevail in the "Battle".
                          I'm not so sure about Ramsay's fate.
                          The one we all love to hate.
                          Will GRRM let him perish ?
                          Just seems too easy IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

This battle for Winterfell worries me.
                            Roose's wife, Walda Frey, was a simple and kind woman.
                            The way Ramsay set up Walda and her baby's demise was disgusting.
                            I would love to see Jon let Ghost have his way with Ramsay.
                            Rip him to shreds for all I care.
                            I'm sure The Starks will prevail in the "Battle".
                            I'm not so sure about Ramsay's fate.
                            The one we all love to hate.
                            Will GRRM let him perish ?
                            Just seems too easy IMO.

IMO Ramsey is dead. No way he survives the season. Rickon and/or someone else from Jon's army dies ....
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X