Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    ...So am i the only one who is like meh...

I dunno outside of a couple moments this season, witch i had ridiculous amount of hype for after ep 2-3 has just been steady declining..
    This ep put some more pieces in play.

Looks like the Hound is not going to be the Sparrow's "Star".
    Appears he will join the Banner Boys to go fight the Walkers.
    And the Clegane Bowl is not going to happen.

All the ridiculous Arya theories got put to bed fast.
    LM was right, Lady Crane did care for her.
    Stitched her up pretty good.
    Glad to see her stomach bleeding after her acrobatics and fall down the stone stairs.
    A small touch of reality there.
    At last Needle got the Waif.
    Jaqen seemed to approve when she said,
    "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell and I am going home."

Very touching, the wave from Jaime to Brienne.
    They will probably meet in combat down the road.

Dany comes home and her house is on fire.
    Maybe Theon and Yara show up and catch the Slavers' fleet in harbor.

Next week will rock.
    Not sure of the outcome but it looked like previews of Braveheart.
    Same Gipper speach and all.

My favorite line = Hound: "I like chicken better."

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Eh.. I liked the Sandor/Brotherhood stuff. They sort of took the easy way out with Arya and Brynden, cutting out the actual encounters. I thought they did a good job with both, though. Especially Arya's. I liked the alternative. Building the suspense.

My new favorite line, "I haven't had a proper sword fight in years. I expect I'll make a damn fool of myself." The Blackfish don't give a damn. lol. Respect.
      The cleagane and brotherhood was fine, his line where perfect. Arya finaly leaving was perfect even Jacqen nodding at her startk speech.

They handled the Blackfish so wrong IMO. So he gets sad and weepy over Sansa sounding like cat, reminds Jaimie that as long as he is alive the war is still alive, talking about Family. And when his men turn on him and just yields the castle he decides to stupidly die instead of going North where his FAMILY needs him....

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      I agree, it was meh. Next week looks stellar though.
      Yep looks like it will be another hardhome. And it HAS to they need to finish on a high not because the middle part of the season has been IMO dissapointing

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
      I liked the outcome tonight because I just want Arya out of there, but I don't like how this was written in these past two episodes at all. Just too freakin' unbelievable.

I think the only stuff I really truly enjoyed tonight was with the Hound. I was not expecting a peaceful meeting with Thoros or Beric at all though and his joining them is a twist.

I expected the Mountain to kill more sparrows in that scene which has been hyped all year -very anticlimactic.
      Yep that i choose violence scene was hyped all year in every perviously and next on GOT like the moutain taking the sparrow out and it was cheap to have him just kill one. Cleganebowl DENIED

Mostly i am dissapinted that most of the theories i had will be wrong. LSH is pretty much done with Beric being back....Unless they find her in a river, but that just feels wrong with the way they talked about going North.

My reverse red wedding looks done with the Blackfish dead and the Tully force being taken prisoners.

And again ( will no more next week) but it seems like the manderlys and the NOrthern conspiracy are out of the picture.
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• I was really happy with episodes 4 and 5: Sansa/Jon reunion, Dany burns the Khals, the origin of the White Walkers and their invasion of the 3-eyed Raven's lair killing the Children and Hodor. For midseason, that stuff was epic and probably set expectations too high for subsequent episodes which have been mediocre.

Also Episode #8 in the previous two seasons were "The Mountain and the Viper" and "Hardhome" -excellent episodes in contrast to this one.

This one is about a 5/10.
        Last edited by L.M.; 06-12-2016, 11:49 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
        2021 Adopted RAM: Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Dany comes home and her house is on fire.
          Maybe Theon and Yara show up and catch the Slavers' fleet in harbor.

Next week will rock.

I think she's good w/the dragon. Those guys aren't exactly accustomed to dealing with air cav while waging an amphibious invasion. You might be right, though. They might show up in one of those wth moments.

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
          The cleagane and brotherhood was fine, his line where perfect. Arya finaly leaving was perfect even Jacqen nodding at her startk speech.

They handled the Blackfish so wrong IMO. So he gets sad and weepy over Sansa sounding like cat, reminds Jaimie that as long as he is alive the war is still alive, talking about Family. And when his men turn on him and just yields the castle he decides to stupidly die instead of going North where his FAMILY needs him....
          I liked it. He's moved by the fact that his great niece is like his niece, but at the end of the day, he dies for the honor of his house. Respect. And the fact that he throws in the line about how he sucks as a swordsman now only made it better. He's another one of those characters who knows better, but eats a bullet because that's what bad asses do. (Ned Stark)

Comment

• These last 2 episodes have been lack luster. They hype up all of these possible fights and it shows nothing. I keep thinking next episode is going to be better but they fall way way short. The beginning of this season started strong but so far its been kinda boring with nothing actually happening IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
              These last 2 episodes have been lack luster. They hype up all of these possible fights and it shows nothing. I keep thinking next episode is going to be better but they fall way way short. The beginning of this season started strong but so far its been kinda boring with nothing actually happening IMO
              Maybe they'll just cut away from the beginning of the battle (like Arya putting out the friggin candle) and the next scene will be Jon and co walking through all the corpses on the battlefield!

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                Maybe they'll just cut away from the beginning of the battle (like Arya putting out the friggin candle) and the next scene will be Jon and co walking through all the corpses on the battlefield!
                Kinda like the bolton army vs stannis army?

Comment

Kinda like the bolton army vs stannis army?
                  Right, or Robb's battles! But maybe they really splurged the budget on this one. I'm kind of hoping for a "Watchers on the Wall" with no cuts to other storylines -let's just focus on getting Jon, Sansa, Davos, Mel, Ramsay and Littlefinger wrapped up for the season, and do the Battle of Mereen next episode where the Slavers get crushed between the Dothraki and the Ironborn!

Comment

• so Lord of Riverrun ordered his men to stand down why? So Jaimie wouldn't launch his son over the walls?

What a puss - he'll not avoid his fate I'm quite sure. And his men just open the gate? Are we making sense anymore? I also agree that Blackfish not deciding to leave to meet up with his 'family' and just dying to buy a little time for Jamie's wife from another life was hard to believe.

Really sucks Arya's new friend had to pay the ultimate price and why did Needle looks like porcelain? They didn't show the fight it was all a chase scene. They didn't show Blackfish die - again cop out. Maybe the creators are hoping the fans will forget these episodes once they finally reveal what we all hope will be a great exciting episode.

Loved Khaleesi finally showing up - fashionably late. But it was so cliche wasn't it? and Ultra dramatic.

The goodbye between Tyrion and Varys seemed really drippy. His departure seemed well timed and the ultra emo goodbye makes me think he could run into trouble out there.

Just when we all felt swindled with no battle at Riverrun, they take us to Marine (sp) where those catapults of fire looked badass, but it was all about 30 seconds worth of fun. Gahhh

Episode had a few good moments, but overall it was more disappointment in my opinion. I understand it's hard to top what has been a great show season after season but it's kinda starting to feel like they're not trying as hard too .... I dunno. Lets hope it at least ends well. Not to be confused with dying well.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Also Ciric Lannister and her Mountain becoming a non factor. Her fate a circumstance of her own manipulations. I really loved hearing the HighGarden grandma dressing down Ciri last week. That was awesome.

But keep in mind, just as Marjorie had a wink for her mom, I be she also had a wink for the king. I'm thinking the King is still a Lannister and he cannot be trusted. He probably will come around because he's got some kind of plan to help his family and perhaps oust the religious zealots. I'm not so convinced he's converted as we've been led to believe. Especially when it was Marjorie after all who was the first to really open King's eyes to this religion. She must have something up her sleeve. Then again, maybe she's keeping king in the dark - but manipulating the situation to get rid of the evil Circi.

Either way, politics as usual in King's Landing.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

These last 2 episodes have been lack luster. They hype up all of these possible fights and it shows nothing. I keep thinking next episode is going to be better but they fall way way short. The beginning of this season started strong but so far its been kinda boring with nothing actually happening IMO
                        Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                        Right, or Robb's battles! But maybe they really splurged the budget on this one. I'm kind of hoping for a "Watchers on the Wall" with no cuts to other storylines -let's just focus on getting Jon, Sansa, Davos, Mel, Ramsay and Littlefinger wrapped up for the season, and do the Battle of Mereen next episode where the Slavers get crushed between the Dothraki and the Ironborn!
                        Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        so Lord of Riverrun ordered his men to stand down why? So Jaimie wouldn't launch his son over the walls?

What a puss - he'll not avoid his fate I'm quite sure. And his men just open the gate? Are we making sense anymore? I also agree that Blackfish not deciding to leave to meet up with his 'family' and just dying to buy a little time for Jamie's wife from another life was hard to believe.

Really sucks Arya's new friend had to pay the ultimate price and why did Needle looks like porcelain? They didn't show the fight it was all a chase scene. They didn't show Blackfish die - again cop out. Maybe the creators are hoping the fans will forget these episodes once they finally reveal what we all hope will be a great exciting episode.

Loved Khaleesi finally showing up - fashionably late. But it was so cliche wasn't it? and Ultra dramatic.

The goodbye between Tyrion and Varys seemed really drippy. His departure seemed well timed and the ultra emo goodbye makes me think he could run into trouble out there.

Just when we all felt swindled with no battle at Riverrun, they take us to Marine (sp) where those catapults of fire looked badass, but it was all about 30 seconds worth of fun. Gahhh

Episode had a few good moments, but overall it was more disappointment in my opinion. I understand it's hard to top what has been a great show season after season but it's kinda starting to feel like they're not trying as hard too .... I dunno. Lets hope it at least ends well. Not to be confused with dying well.

That is what annoyed me the most, they set up Riverrun since episode 5 and everything resolves itself in 5 min. Blackfish says he ran at the red wedding (wich was a slaughter not a fight), but he wont run this time, when there so fight, his men yielded the castle ?! It just makes no sense to me. Go with Briene and help the only family you have left.

I feel episode 2-4 where great, even if they where setupish, but 4-8 have been overall disappointing. If feel like all the setup from the 1st half of he season ended with nothing. The i choose violence scene was a cop out, no more cleganebowl. NOTHING happening in Riverrunn...

It's like they put all their energy in ep 2,3 and 9,10. I have no question 9-10 will be amazing, but it feels like the rest of the season had to suffer for it. LAst season was hardhome and spent the whole episode there, i think they will do the same for the batle of winterfell
                        Last edited by canadiansbronco; 06-13-2016, 08:27 AM.
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                          That is what annoyed me the most, they set up Riverrun since episode 5 and everything resolves itself in 5 min. Blackfish says he ran at the red wedding (wich was a slaughter not a fight), but he wont run this time, when there so fight, his men yielded the castle ?! It just makes no sense to me. Go with Briene and help the only family you have left.

That is a great point. Seems like he was a lot more loyal to Riverrun than anything else. Great nephew and niece are about to get slaughtered? Sets out to take back Riverrun. Nephew about to get hanged? Stays inside Riverrun. Great Niece needs help taking back Winterfell? Dies inside Riverrun.

He was a man of principle, I'll say that. Such as when Ned was loyal to honoring the rightful heir, and Jon was initially loyal to the Watch. Ned could have attempted to seize power, and was even warned by Baelish that he should have. Chose to honor Stannis as the rightful heir, and got himself killed. Jon could've gone south to help avenge Ned and liberate his sisters. Chose to stay in the middle of nowhere, and stare at a tree line presumably for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            That is a great point. Seems like he was a lot more loyal to Riverrun than anything else. Great nephew and niece are about to get slaughtered? Sets out to take back Riverrun. Nephew about to get hanged? Stays inside Riverrun. Great Niece needs help taking back Winterfell? Dies inside Riverrun.

He was a man of principle, I'll say that. Such as when Ned was loyal to honoring the rightful heir, and Jon was initially loyal to the Watch. Ned could have attempted to seize power, and was even warned by Baelish that he should have. Chose to honor Stannis as the rightful heir, and got himself killed. Jon could've gone south to help avenge Ned and liberate his sisters. Chose to stay in the middle of nowhere, and stare at a tree line presumably for the rest of his life.
                            I can understand Blackfish not caring about edmure since he's never really liked him to begin with but to stay and fight when the fight is already over since the lannisters/frays are inside the castle was dumb as hell i know they make it a point to show that BF is stubborn but c'mon now theres stubborn then theres just plain stupid.

Instead of leaving to help your niece fight for the north back you go and die needlessly they could of at least show his death or have him running at 10+ men shouting then cutting away. The off screen death of BF and the waif was handled poorly IMO.

Yeah once Robert died it was reaallllly really stupid of Ned to stay in kings landing he should of gotten the hell out of there like Renly did once Robert died. As for Jon if he was successful in leaving to help Robb he too would have gotten killed at the red wedding so him not leaving was a good thing for him.

Comment

I can understand Blackfish not caring about edmure since he's never really liked him to begin with but to stay and fight when the fight is already over since the lannisters/frays are inside the castle was dumb as hell i know they make it a point to show that BF is stubborn but c'mon now theres stubborn then theres just plain stupid.

Instead of leaving to help your niece fight for the north back you go and die needlessly they could of at least show his death or have him running at 10+ men shouting then cutting away. The off screen death of BF and the waif was handled poorly IMO.

Yeah once Robert died it was reaallllly really stupid of Ned to stay in kings landing he should of gotten the hell out of there like Renly did once Robert died. As for Jon if he was successful in leaving to help Robb he too would have gotten killed at the red wedding so him not leaving was a good thing for him.
                              That's true, but he would have to be able to predict the future on that one.

I agree with you on the way they cut all that stuff out. They could've done a lot of things with Arya's storyline. They could've even shown most of the encounter, and still been able to end it the way they did. So many great lines could've been used right there.

Comment

• Edmure did what he did to save lives after he got a sample of Jaime's ruthless and crazy motivation. Riverrun was going to fall sooner or later -it was a no-win situation. And they weren't surrendering to the bloodthirsty Bolton flayers-- there may actually be some chance of survival! Plus he gets his son alive. People will do a lot for their own kids -that was a key point Jaime made about both Cersei and Edmure's sister, Cat Stark, so the way they wrote all that makes sense, and it was a well-acted scene.

Unfortunately it lets the wind out of the sails for the Riverrun storyline in anticlimactic fashion. They could have combined ideas so that Edmure gets his son and the Tully troops are allowed to leave with Brienne to head north. The Blackfish is stubborn and refuses to leave, fine, but he should have killed one or two of those Frey leaders as revenge for the Red Wedding and gone down fighting where we can see it!

I thought the surprise twist at King's Landing was great - very clever! Yeah it gets rid of an obvious route to another Clegane Bowl, but that can still happen some other way. Now Cersei's options are limited. What was Qyburn's rumor confirmation that he mentioned there? Could it pertain to caches of wildfire which the Mad King had stashed all over the city including under the Sept of Baelor? I can see Cersei trying to blow up all the sparrows gathered there and accidentally killing her own son who happens to be visiting there, or the wildfire spreading and igniting other caches maybe even under parts of the Red Keep and killing Tommen there! We saw that stuff ignite in Bran's recent vision download!

But Tommen has to die in Season 6. A King dies every season: Robert 1, Renly 2, Robb 3, Joffrey 4, Stannis and Mance 5, and it would be tragically poetic that Cersei is responsible for this one, her last child, as part of her final bitter downfall and fulfillment of the witch's prophecy from her youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X