Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Edmure did what he did to save lives after he got a sample of Jaime's ruthless and crazy motivation. Riverrun was going to fall sooner or later -it was a no-win situation. And they weren't surrendering to the bloodthirsty Bolton flayers-- there may actually be some chance of survival! Plus he gets his son alive. People will do a lot for their own kids -that was a key point Jaime made about both Cersei and Edmure's sister, Cat Stark, so the way they wrote all that makes sense, and it was a well-acted scene.

Unfortunately it lets the wind out of the sails for the Riverrun storyline in anticlimactic fashion. They could have combined ideas so that Edmure gets his son and the Tully troops are allowed to leave with Brienne to head north. The Blackfish is stubborn and refuses to leave, fine, but he should have killed one or two of those Frey leaders as revenge for the Red Wedding and gone down fighting where we can see it!

I thought the surprise twist at King's Landing was great - very clever! Yeah it gets rid of an obvious route to another Clegane Bowl, but that can still happen some other way. Now Cersei's options are limited. What was Qyburn's rumor confirmation that he mentioned there? Could it pertain to caches of wildfire which the Mad King had stashed all over the city including under the Sept of Baelor? I can see Cersei trying to blow up all the sparrows gathered there and accidentally killing her own son who happens to be visiting there, or the wildfire spreading and igniting other caches maybe even under parts of the Red Keep and killing Tommen there! We saw that stuff ignite in Bran's recent vision download!

But Tommen has to die in Season 6. A King dies every season: Robert 1, Renly 2, Robb 3, Joffrey 4, Stannis and Mance 5, and it would be tragically poetic that Cersei is responsible for this one, her last child, as part of her final bitter downfall and fulfillment of the witch's prophecy from her youth.
    Dang, that's a good one, LM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      It's going around the Web right now. The idea from most is that Cersei would rather see the whole city burn than submit to the judgement of the Faith. I don't see her wanting to go that far, but I can see her trying to target the Sept.

Then again, the rumor could have nothing to do with Wildfire but I can't imagine what else would help her out of her current predicament.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• That i think will be the best episode of the series !
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Yes i can totatly see Cercei Burning King's landing down, it makes sense with all the visions.
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• I don't know, we all want Ramsey to get his, but it would be very GoT esque to have Ramsey win the battle against Snow.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                I don't know, we all want Ramsey to get his, but it would be very GoT esque to have Ramsey win the battle against Snow.
                It's gonna look like it until the knights of the vale come in at the end probably. I guess as the battle goes on it looks grimmer and grimmer for Jon untill the Vale comes in turns the tide of the battle and Ramsay and Jon end up inb 1vs1 and Jon wins.

IMO they can't have Ramsay win, it's no secret the fans like the Jon and the stark the most out of the character, and i know GOT loves to have the bad guy win and all that but IMO they CANT have Jon and the starks loose again they just cant.

Ramsay doesnt make it out of season 6 alive
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                  It's gonna look like it until the knights of the vale come in at the end probably. I guess as the battle goes on it looks grimmer and grimmer for Jon untill the Vale comes in turns the tide of the battle and Ramsay and Jon end up inb 1vs1 and Jon wins.

IMO they can't have Ramsay win, it's no secret the fans like the Jon and the stark the most out of the character, and i know GOT loves to have the bad guy win and all that but IMO they CANT have Jon and the starks loose again they just cant.

Little Finger very well may take the North for himself. Let Jon and Ramsey beat up on each other. Then beat up on the wounded.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Yes i can totatly see Cercei Burning King's landing down, it makes sense with all the visions.
                    If she does and it kills Tommen then this little prophetic threat comes true too:

Except Tyrion won't be doing it, she does it herself!

Comment

I can see ramsay weasling his way out but theres just no way he makes it out alive the good guys have been losing since season 1 give them something
                      Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      Little Finger very well may take the North for himself. Let Jon and Ramsey beat up on each other. Then beat up on the wounded.
                      I can see this happen too i really hope it doesnt though. Lf would betray his allies if it meant getting what he wants

Comment

• Ramsay's survival wouldn't help to resolve any plotlines as they try to finish the series.

Littlefinger will ride in Theoden-like just when it looks bleakest for our heroes. It's in his best interest to have the North as allies to crush the Freys in the Riverlands, and then march on King's Landing after the entire northern half of the continent is under his influence. Taking over the North -which would resent and hate him even more than they do Ramsay for doing so- doesn't achieve these ends. Ruling at Winterfell doesn't give him what he really wants which is to sit on the Iron Throne, so I'd be very surprised if they do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                          Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                          It's going around the Web right now. The idea from most is that Cersei would rather see the whole city burn than submit to the judgement of the Faith. I don't see her wanting to go that far, but I can see her trying to target the Sept.

Then again, the rumor could have nothing to do with Wildfire but I can't imagine what else would help her out of her current predicament.
                          Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                          Yes i can totatly see Cercei Burning King's landing down, it makes sense with all the visions.
                          Ramsay's survival wouldn't help to resolve any plotlines as they try to finish the series.

Littlefinger will ride in Theoden-like just when it looks bleakest for our heroes. It's in his best interest to have the North as allies to crush the Freys in the Riverlands, and then march on King's Landing after the entire northern half of the continent is under his influence. Taking over the North -which would resent and hate him even more than they do Ramsay for doing so- doesn't achieve these ends. Ruling at Winterfell doesn't give him what he really wants which is to sit on the Iron Throne, so I'd be very surprised if they do that.
                          Yes, Bran's visions of the Wildfire.

I can see Cersei torching King's Landing.
                          Last ep she asked Qyburn to check out something.
                          When Cersie asked the status, he seemed like he could barely contain himself.
                          Qyburn replied, "More, much more".
                          Has to be the underground passage ways and the Wildfire stashes.

If LM's observation holds true, a king must die every season.
                          During her attempt to destroy Sparrow and cult, Cersie's flames take Tommen.
                          "Ashes in her mouth".
                          Ironic too, Tyrion loved to play with that stuff.

But would that fulfill Maggy's vision ?
                          No, Cersei will meet her end at the hands of the "Valonqar".
                          "Valonqar" is Valarian for "little brother".
                          That would be Tyrion IMO.
                          ~~~
                          Yes, I also think Baelish and the Knights of the Vale come riding in after all seems lost.
                          Littlefinger will probably hold back, use Jon's men for for fodder, then come in to impress Sansa.
                          Noticed a scene in the preview for ep 9; Jon tells Mel, "If I fall, don't bring me back !".
                          ~~~
                          Can't just leave Theon and Yara at the brothel.
                          They will sail into Meereen and block the Slaver ships in the harbor.
                          Yes, Dany has the air assault but she also needs all the ships she can get.
                          Why burn up perfectly good ships ?
                          ~~~
                          Mel must have gotten word to Beric for them to know about the Walkers.
                          ~~~
                          And that Blue Rose in the crack in the ice keeps coming back to me.
                          All the things Dany saw and heard at the House of the Undying.
                          They may all come into play.....one day. Maybe next season or the next ?
                          ~~~
                          And I still think Sansa is ........

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                            But would that fulfill Maggy's vision ?
                            No, Cersei will meet her end at the hands of the "Valonqar".
                            "Valonqar" is Valarian for "little brother".
                            That would be Tyrion IMO.
                            That could also be Jaime as she came out of the womb first. Brienne just told Jaime that there is honor in him. The vision of him stabbing the Mad King is connected to all this just like the Wildfire igniting. Cersei will try to burn King's Landing and Jaime will be faced with the same difficult choice when Aerys tried to do the same thing -bringing Jaime full circle. Then hopefully he will finally realize what a hateful, wicked and destructive woman this "Mad Queen" truly is!

There are other possibilities for the Valonqar -it doesn't necessarily have to be her little brother.

Mel must have gotten word to Beric for them to know about the Walkers.
                            Or Thoros had a similar vision in the flames. He wasn't specific on the nature of the threat, just as Mel had no clear idea either when she directed Stannis North.
                            Last edited by L.M.; 06-13-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

That scene was awesome, sure the way it got there might have been weak, but seeing Arya embrace the stark name and even Jaqen giving an approving nod was awesome !

That could also be Jaime as she came out of the womb first. Brienne just told Jaime that there is honor in him. The vision of him stabbing the Mad King is connected to all this just like the Wildfire igniting. Cersei will try to burn King's Landing and Jaime will be faced with the same difficult choice when Aerys tried to do the same thing -bringing Jaime full circle. Then hopefully he will finally realize what a hateful, wicked and destructive woman this "Mad Queen" truly is!

There are other possibilities for the Valonqar -it doesn't necessarily have to be her little brother.

Or Thoros had a similar vision in the flames. He wasn't specific on the nature of the threat, just as Mel had no clear idea either when she directed Stannis North.
                                I just think he knows that wierd stuff are going on North. And also i think every red priest know about the walker and the long night, because Azor Hai is the chosen one to beat them, so it would make sense for thoros the red priest to know about the threat. Doesn't their night is dark and full of terror come from that knowledge ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X