Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlayStation Vita

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PlayStation Vita





    PRICE

    There will be two models of the Vita. 3G and Wi-fi.

    3G for $300

    Wi-Fi for $250

    3G requires a sub-plan with AT&T.

    GAMES
    -Dynasty Warriors
    -Hot Shots Golf
    -F1 2011
    -Gravity Daze
    -Little Big Planet
    -Little Deviants
    -ModNation Racers
    -Sound Shapes
    -Street Fighter X Tekken
    -WipeOut 2048
    -Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    -Mortal Kombat

    UNDER DEVELOPMENT
    -Call of Duty
    -Dungeon Defenders
    -Hustle Kings
    -Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    -Reality Fighters
    -Super Stardust Delta
    -Voltron
    -Silent Hill: Book of Memories
    -Killzone
    -Metal Gear Solid
    -Yakuza



    SCREEN and CAMERA

    Vita will have a 5-inch (16:9) OLED, capacitive multi-touch screen that runs at a resolution of 960x544. By comparison, the Sony PSP featured a a 4.3-inch (16:9) screen with a 480x272 resolution. This represents a four fold resolution increase, and almost twice as many pixels per inch (220 PPI versus 128 PPI).

    The front and rear cameras on the Vita will run at a maximum resolution of 640x480. They will be able to record at at 120fps at 320x240 and 60fps at 640x480.

    SPECS

    The Vita will be powered by an ARM Cortex-A9 CPU and a PowerVR SGX543MP4+ GPU, both sit on the bleeding edge for the moment.

    FORMAT

    Games specifically made for the Vita will come on small flash-based memory cards. There is no UMD slot on the Vita for older PSP games. However, the Vita will be able to play PSP games made available through the PlayStation Store. There's also a possibility that PS1 games will be available through PSN.

    RELEASE DATE

    The PlayStation Vita will be released during the 2011 holiday season. However, a recent leak might have revealed the release date to be November 4th.

    Highly looking forward to the Vita. It looks like a massive improvement over the PSP which I also liked, and the confirmed library as of right now is more than enough to get me to buy it.
    Last edited by Amari24; 06-21-2011, 08:23 PM.

  • #2
    I got 4 questions, any answers apreciated.

    Do you really think it's a huge upgrade over the psp?

    What do you think a psp would run me after this comes out?

    It's sounds cool and all, but the psp sounded pretty cool and was widely unused by everybody. What exactly have the changed that will make this more appealing to gamers?

    Do you think the sub plan with AT&T will deter some of it's fanbase at all? Or do you think people would just buy the wifi one instead?

    CP to any answers.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

    Comment


    • #3
      1. Definitely a huge upgrade over the PSP. It uses dual analogs, and most games on the PSP begged to have more than one analog stick. It's also graphically better than the PSP and the 3DS by a long shot.

      2. I would say a new PSP would cost about $100 after Vita hits the market, but it also depends on what model we're talking about. Sony already cut the price for the PSP to about $150 I believe, and they discontinued the GO awhile ago, so I think it's a fair assessment.

      3. It wasn't that it was unused, it was just that the DS was more popular world wide than the PSP was. And actually, at one point the PSP was outselling the DS for about a few months, so it didn't quite catch on, but I wouldn't call it "unused". I actually preferred it over the DS.

      4. I can see people buying the 3G model to have the option of 3G in the future. They might no necessarily use it right off the bat, but I can see some using it for apps, and surfing the web on the Vita. If you plan on using the Vita to go online a lot then 3G is probably your best bet, regardless of the sub plan. I'm getting the Wi-fi because it's all I really require right now, and I don't think an extra 50 bucks is worth it just for 3G.
      Last edited by Amari24; 06-21-2011, 08:37 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Let me get this straight in order buy the 3G Playstation Vita you must have some kind of AT&T contract with that company? If not, you can't use it sorry I'm just somewhat confused on that.

        Any info would be much appreciated.
        Last edited by Chillez; 06-21-2011, 08:53 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chillez View Post
          Let me get this straight in order buy the 3G Playstation Vita you must have some kind of AT&T contract with that company? If not, you can't use it sorry I'm just somewhat confused on that.

          Any info would be much appreciated.
          No, you can buy the 3G model if you want. However, to actually be able to use the 3G you have to have a plan with AT&T. If you don't have a plan and you get the 3G model, you're still free to use the Wi-Fi.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            No, you can buy the 3G model if you want. However, to actually be able to use the 3G you have to have a plan with AT&T. If you don't have a plan and you get the 3G model, you're still free to use the Wi-Fi.
            Ah gotcha thanks for the info. I def will be buying Vita soon as it's released I hope gamestop has deal where comes with system and 1 game along with it. That be sweet deal!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Same, I'm so excited for this. They're taking pre-orders now, so it'd nice if they threw in Uncharted along with the system if you pre-order. I can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid game as well.

              So glad I passed on the 3DS, the launch games for it were abysmal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                Same, I'm so excited for this. They're taking pre-orders now, so it'd nice if they threw in Uncharted along with the system if you pre-order. I can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid game as well.

                So glad I passed on the 3DS, the launch games for it were abysmal.
                Agreed this system I bet blows 3DS out of the water.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by getlynched47
                  So, technically speaking, the options aren't only "3G or Wi-Fi"...one or the other.

                  It's the Wi-Fi model, or the 3G + Wi-Fi model. Right?
                  Lets say you bought the 3G model..

                  You now have access to both the Wi-fi and 3G (if you have the plan with AT&T)

                  If you buy the Wi-fi model all you get is access to the Wi-fi.

                  So yeah, you can think of it that way.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                    Agreed this system I bet blows 3DS out of the water.
                    LOL graphically Vita completely topples the 3DS. The visuals for the 3DS are quite ugly. The Uncharted gameplay for Vita looked spectacular, and that was just an early beta version of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                      LOL graphically Vita completely topples the 3DS. The visuals for the 3DS are quite ugly. The Uncharted gameplay for Vita looked spectacular, and that was just an early beta version of it.
                      Man I sweet would it be if system came with Uncharted.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Vita looks okay but the price point for these handhelds are getting out of control. I bought a 3DS only because I had gotten my tax return the same week it came out.

                        The games WILL get better, I only have RE & SSF4, both of which are okay for a quick 15-20 min play. I have some better DS games that make it worth it (Mario Kart, Castlevania games, etc)

                        I just think when we are spending $250-300 on a HANDHELD and our console systems are the same price - something is wrong with the handheld market

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                          Vita looks okay but the price point for these handhelds are getting out of control. I bought a 3DS only because I had gotten my tax return the same week it came out.

                          The games WILL get better, I only have RE & SSF4, both of which are okay for a quick 15-20 min play. I have some better DS games that make it worth it (Mario Kart, Castlevania games, etc)

                          I just think when we are spending $250-300 on a HANDHELD and our console systems are the same price - something is wrong with the handheld market
                          Considering the Vita is around the 360 in terms of visuals I say it's a fair price. Actually, if you look at the specs it's a surprise the Vita will be starting at $250, and not $350. The real question is why the 3DS is as much as the Vita. There's really not a huge benefit from going DS to 3DS. Visually and hardware-wise, it's not anywhere close to the Vita. Expect a price cut from Nintendo this holiday season. Also the games are horrible. Mario this..Zelda that. Just rehashes.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The 3ds is nice, I can't make a HUGE argument for, nor can I for the Vita, if u want game of that caliber - you'd be sitting at home on your big tv playing them. $250 won't be bad but I don't think anyones ever been booed at their own press conference like Sony did when they announced At&t. Maybe Verizon knew this thing wasnt going to sell. I still don't think it will but if I have the coin I might get one of these one day. I just think the handheld market should be for smaller scale games is all, not $300 trinkets and $40 games. Not in this economy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I do tend to think the hand held gaming is getting a little ridiculous. Keep it simple, come out with awesome games, and leave it at that. No way I'd drop $300 bucks on this, but if you gave me a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Blue for $20 I'd buy it and play it all day.

                              I might buy one of these if I was on a plane 24/7, but I'm not. If I'm at home, I wanna play a console game, and if I'm out, it's because I'm doing something. These are turning into full length console games that ask you to sit down for at least an hour or two at a time to play, not something you can pop in for 20 minutes while you're waiting for your doctors appointment.

                              I don't play console games like that, and I'm not sure why I'd wanna play a handheld version of my console game like that.

                              It's some pretty sweet tech, and the graphics sure are impressive, but it's just not for me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X