Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Fortress 2 Free 2 Play

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Team Fortress 2 Free 2 Play

    Valve has made TF2 Free 2 Play

    http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

    If anyone cares to come join me in playing sometime my steam name is Freyaka
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Valve has made TF2 Free 2 Play

    http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

    If anyone cares to come join me in playing sometime my steam name is Freyaka
    i downloaded steam last night, gonna dl team fortress 2 sometime next week, but i have a question if you know the answer

    can i use my xbox 360 usb controller to play it, i hope i can

    i'm not a keyboard/mouse type player
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I was playing it earlier But... I have no idea what my name is haha.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        i downloaded steam last night, gonna dl team fortress 2 sometime next week, but i have a question if you know the answer

        can i use my xbox 360 usb controller to play it, i hope i can

        i'm not a keyboard/mouse type player
        I don't see why not.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I downloaded Steam a months ago but somehow it got erased so I hsve to re-install.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have it downloaded as well.


            add my new steam: 12and4

            Comment


            • #7
              i downloaded it but didn't see any controller options in the settings, just mouse and keyboard


              i'll have to actually hook up the controller sometime later in the week and see if it recognizes it then, but without it plugged in, the settings for the game just let you customize mouse and kb buttons

              so i may not be able to partake in this awesome game
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                i downloaded it but didn't see any controller options in the settings, just mouse and keyboard


                i'll have to actually hook up the controller sometime later in the week and see if it recognizes it then, but without it plugged in, the settings for the game just let you customize mouse and kb buttons

                so i may not be able to partake in this awesome game
                I'm sure there are programs that will emulate the keyboard/mouse for the xbox controller... as in, if you push left, it will simulate pressing 'a'.


                also, by a google search i found this "when you do:
                exec 360controller
                in the TF2 console, or for any steambased game, it reloads the game to give you a 360 specific GUI, which imho is nice."

                not sure if it works obviously. I do have a 360 controller though (but no 360 )

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0q1I41dVUo
                Last edited by 12and4; 06-26-2011, 01:36 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                  i downloaded it but didn't see any controller options in the settings, just mouse and keyboard


                  i'll have to actually hook up the controller sometime later in the week and see if it recognizes it then, but without it plugged in, the settings for the game just let you customize mouse and kb buttons

                  so i may not be able to partake in this awesome game
                  Xpadder is your best friend in that case. It lets you simulate keys on your gamepad. Pretty simple to use as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    Xpadder is your best friend in that case. It lets you simulate keys on your gamepad. Pretty simple to use as well.
                    I use xpadder all the time for WoW, but it keeps chancing from the 1 tab to 5.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ok awesome, i'll get xpadder

                      thanks

                      the game runs decent on my xp pc so i know it will run even better on my win 7 laptop

                      woot!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What I wonder is if they'll do something like this for counterstrike sometime soon. It'd sure make getting a lan party together if there was 3-4 free games like TF2 and CS:S that we could all play together.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We should all download the Halo CE demo for PC and have 5 Vs. 5 matches on Blood Gulch. I remember one time I racked up 64 kills.

                          And if you use Gamepads, it recognizes them on the spot, so you wouldn't have to use Xpadder or anything like that.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll beast ya'll on the fairy boat!
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I tried to play for a while this afternoon, did pretty well.

                              I guess it's just not my thing though, I have a hard time getting into the game. Definitely didn't have the fun I was expecting with all the great reviews this one got, but that could be more my fault than the games.

                              I'll still play a couple if something gets together, that would be fun. Especially since I'm not running BC2 anytime soon.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X