X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Fortress 2 Free 2 Play

Valve has made TF2 Free 2 Play

http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

If anyone cares to come join me in playing sometime my steam name is Freyaka
    sigpic

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Valve has made TF2 Free 2 Play

http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

If anyone cares to come join me in playing sometime my steam name is Freyaka
    i downloaded steam last night, gonna dl team fortress 2 sometime next week, but i have a question if you know the answer

can i use my xbox 360 usb controller to play it, i hope i can

i'm not a keyboard/mouse type player
    sigpic

Comment

I was playing it earlier But... I have no idea what my name is haha.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        i downloaded steam last night, gonna dl team fortress 2 sometime next week, but i have a question if you know the answer

can i use my xbox 360 usb controller to play it, i hope i can

i'm not a keyboard/mouse type player
        I don't see why not.
        sigpic

Comment

I downloaded Steam a months ago but somehow it got erased so I hsve to re-install.

Comment

I have it downloaded as well.

add my new steam: 12and4

Comment

i downloaded it but didn't see any controller options in the settings, just mouse and keyboard

i'll have to actually hook up the controller sometime later in the week and see if it recognizes it then, but without it plugged in, the settings for the game just let you customize mouse and kb buttons

so i may not be able to partake in this awesome game
              sigpic

Comment

i downloaded it but didn't see any controller options in the settings, just mouse and keyboard

i'll have to actually hook up the controller sometime later in the week and see if it recognizes it then, but without it plugged in, the settings for the game just let you customize mouse and kb buttons

I'm sure there are programs that will emulate the keyboard/mouse for the xbox controller... as in, if you push left, it will simulate pressing 'a'.

also, by a google search i found this "when you do:
                exec 360controller
                in the TF2 console, or for any steambased game, it reloads the game to give you a 360 specific GUI, which imho is nice."

not sure if it works obviously. I do have a 360 controller though (but no 360 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0q1I41dVUo
                Last edited by 12and4; 06-26-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Xpadder is your best friend in that case. It lets you simulate keys on your gamepad. Pretty simple to use as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    Xpadder is your best friend in that case. It lets you simulate keys on your gamepad. Pretty simple to use as well.
                    I use xpadder all the time for WoW, but it keeps chancing from the 1 tab to 5.

Comment

ok awesome, i'll get xpadder

thanks

the game runs decent on my xp pc so i know it will run even better on my win 7 laptop

woot!
                      sigpic

Comment

What I wonder is if they'll do something like this for counterstrike sometime soon. It'd sure make getting a lan party together if there was 3-4 free games like TF2 and CS:S that we could all play together.
                        sigpic

Comment

We should all download the Halo CE demo for PC and have 5 Vs. 5 matches on Blood Gulch. I remember one time I racked up 64 kills.

And if you use Gamepads, it recognizes them on the spot, so you wouldn't have to use Xpadder or anything like that.

Comment

I'll beast ya'll on the fairy boat!
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I tried to play for a while this afternoon, did pretty well.

I guess it's just not my thing though, I have a hard time getting into the game. Definitely didn't have the fun I was expecting with all the great reviews this one got, but that could be more my fault than the games.

I'll still play a couple if something gets together, that would be fun. Especially since I'm not running BC2 anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X