Team Fortress 2 Free 2 Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    What I wonder is if they'll do something like this for counterstrike sometime soon. It'd sure make getting a lan party together if there was 3-4 free games like TF2 and CS:S that we could all play together.
    CS is still the most played game on steam from what i recall.... so i doubt they'll do that.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      I tried to play for a while this afternoon, did pretty well.

I guess it's just not my thing though, I have a hard time getting into the game. Definitely didn't have the fun I was expecting with all the great reviews this one got, but that could be more my fault than the games.

I'll still play a couple if something gets together, that would be fun. Especially since I'm not running BC2 anytime soon.
      You gotta find a class you like and stick with it for awhile. Me personally I like the medic (once you get a blaughtsager or however it is spelled you are a lot more lethal) though the heavy is also a fun class if you get a good medic keeping you alive.

A good place to start is find a capture the intelligence map, be an engineer and hang out in the intelligence room making dispensers and turrets until you get the hang of things.

My favorite map to play on is ctf_2fort_engi_power. If you want someone to show you the ropes of things I'd be happy to play some with you so you get the hang of it, it's rough at first but once you get used to it and find the class that suits your style it's a very fun game.
      sigpic

Comment

You gotta find a class you like and stick with it for awhile. Me personally I like the medic (once you get a blaughtsager or however it is spelled you are a lot more lethal) though the heavy is also a fun class if you get a good medic keeping you alive.

A good place to start is find a capture the intelligence map, be an engineer and hang out in the intelligence room making dispensers and turrets until you get the hang of things.

My favorite map to play on is ctf_2fort_engi_power. If you want someone to show you the ropes of things I'd be happy to play some with you so you get the hang of it, it's rough at first but once you get used to it and find the class that suits your style it's a very fun game.

that's cool... I just don't like the game very much. Hate weapon switching (can you make it so you don't have to confirm?) It's really assinign how it makes you switch teams if you do too good. Hate camping spies, and that's all they do.
        Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 06-26-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
          that's cool... I just don't like the game very much. Hate weapon switching (can you make it so you don't have to confirm?) It's really assinign how it makes you switch teams if you do too good. Hate camping spies, and that's all they do.
          Of course you can... well in counter strike you could..

turn on dev console in settings, then hit the tilda button ~ and type "hud_fastswitch = 1"

i hope that'll work for this game a simple google search would solve your prob though

Comment

ENGINEER IS CREDIT TO TEAM!

Add me if you want: {PhN}Vhailor.
            Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vhailor View Post

Added

i think.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I think it's just Vhailor and if so I've added.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it's just Vhailor and if so I've added.
                    Yeah thats who i added

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                      Yeah thats who i added
                      I added both you and Freyaka. I usually play on the European servers with my brother and our friends.
                      Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                      sigpic

Comment

I added both you and Freyaka. I usually play on the European servers with my brother and our friends.
                        Sweet deal, might join you sometime. The servers I always play on are

tf1.ccgaming.com
                        tf2.ccgaming.com
                        tf3.ccgaming.com

I'm normally on one of the 3, the only issue with those 3 servers (not for me obviously but some may be annoyed) is that they are christian servers so we require that you keep it clean (no cussing, rasist remarks and such....) but they have a good map rotation (though all stock) and decent admins/players.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sweet deal, might join you sometime. The servers I always play on are

tf1.ccgaming.com
                          tf2.ccgaming.com
                          tf3.ccgaming.com

I'm normally on one of the 3, the only issue with those 3 servers (not for me obviously but some may be annoyed) is that they are christian servers so we require that you keep it clean (no cussing, rasist remarks and such....) but they have a good map rotation (though all stock) and decent admins/players.
                          No racism???? wth... i'm out.

Comment

Working...
                          X