Recommendations on New Xbox games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Same here, I think 10 hours was about what it took me. Compared to COD games which were about 4-6 hours it was a nice change. Plus I feel more compelled to play through the campaign again than I do with other FPS games.
    I've played through it 4 times already. They all took me longer or around 8 hours, aside from my first playthrough where I just cloaked through most of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      Crysis 2 in under 3 hours??? I find that hard to believe even if you do cloak yourself through the game... I did that on my first playthrough and it took me 7 hours. Also there are way more unavoidable fights than the ones you mention. There are at least 10 sequences in the game that you have to fight through to progress. That and you claim you found all the collectibles?
      Weren't there like 18 or 19 missions anyways? That's an average of under 10 minutes a mission, and there tended to be some decently lengthy cutscenes at times.

Comment

Speaking of good games.... Dead Space 1 and 2 are epic awesome. I bought and beat both of them this past weekend. Sooooo much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          Weren't there like 18 or 19 missions anyways? That's an average of under 10 minutes a mission, and there tended to be some decently lengthy cutscenes at times.
          Yeah it doesn't add up at all. There are about 18 missions altogether, even if you cloak yourself it still runs out pretty fast if you're walking and running. Add that to the fact that some sequences require you to clear an enemy field before you can move on. Like the part where Alcatraz meets up with his Marine buddies and you have to help them fight off Ceph. Plus enemies see you sometimes so you'll be forced to fight. Beating Crysis 2 in 3 hours is like beating GTA 4 or Red Dead in 5 hours.
          Last edited by Amari24; 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I'm sure 2.5 hours was probably just me over-exaggerating; I was posting earlier from a pool. However it was easy enough to do, and quick enough, for me to be thinking "***, this shouldn't be possible" all the way, and was done pretty much in one sitting. Cloaking through the levels reduces the gameplay time to below a Call of Duty title, which was really the point I was going for, since people give them so much flak.

In my defense. The missions are relatively short and linear, the AI is weak, there are only a few encounters that are unavoidable, and the very very few sequences that require you to kill enemies (the marines sequence Amari mentioned, for example) are easily handled by the insta-kill grapple move the devs saw fit to give you and take a few seconds per enemy after you close the distance. The speed cameras are set along the same linear path you follow, and quite a few of the collectibles require no exploration. Of course I did not find them all on a speed-run, and didn't say I had. Read carefully.

For the sake of the thread I'm going to leave it at that, because this has nothing to do with the question the OP asked and I didn't realise my experience was such an anomaly.
            sigpic
            - ★ -
            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Looked through some of my GameInformers. RE5 is pretty good, as well as Transformers: War for Cybertron. The new game DotM sucks, much like the actual movie...

Comment

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion....fantastic single player game that from the start allows you to go in any direction you want. With seemingly endless hours of gameplay.

Fallout 3....similar game except instead of a medieval setting you travel the wasteland of D.C. after a nuclear war.

Bioshock 1 is another single player game with a great story, not as long as the above games though, and the story is much more linear.

So anyways if you want endless gameplay i suggest those games, plus they've been out for a while so you could pick them up cheap!
                sigpic
                Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

thank you everyone...im leaning towards the fallout series
                  sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post
                    Fallout? Good luck playing for more than an hour without your system crashing. Seriously, it does hinder your system useless at some points, and you'll have to reboot the whole thing. Oblivion has only crashed on me about 3-5 times since I've owned it. Install them to your HDD and you should be fine.

Comment

Just to throw my experiences out there, I never had any crashes in Fallout 3, and New Vegas only minor bugs with I think one crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post
                        Good Choice! :thumb:
                        sigpic
                        Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Working...
                        X