• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Honestly not noticing that big of a difference with the HDMI

That wasn't really what I was going for anyways though, I just wanted to move the PS3 away from the TV and to my desk because I'm pretty much always here when I play games, so now I'm gonna be able to play my PS3 a crapload more.
    And have sports on in the background!

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Honestly not noticing that big of a difference with the HDMI

That wasn't really what I was going for anyways though, I just wanted to move the PS3 away from the TV and to my desk because I'm pretty much always here when I play games, so now I'm gonna be able to play my PS3 a crapload more.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    I got my hdmi cable from harbor freight tools... $1

it broke after a year, but that was because i stepped on it... got a new one and it works wonders.

its just as good as my rocketfish one.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    i remember going from standard def to hd, then to hdmi

mind blowing

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Just FYI, it works. Get video out to HDMI-DVI cable and can get sound out of the composite cable.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    That was my viewpoint for the longest time until I get fed up with HDMI cable prices and bought the cheapest one I could find and when I plugged it in the picture was fine, but the sound was 100% pure garbage. It would fizzle and crackle when the pitch got too high. I might have just gotten unlucky with a messed up cable though

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    There are no "losses" in an HDMI cable. It is a digital signal transfer protocal, so it's all or nothing. If by some chance there is a break in the connection (perhaps a cheap weld or something), the HDMI signal fails entirely, no signal. If the signal goes through, it is at maximum quality.

Search "HDMI cable" on Amazon, pick the one that looks the purtiest to you. You will never regret it. I have a box at home with 5 or 10 extra. I have purchased 50ft HDMI cables.

Never a single problem.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    FYI, HDMI cables are a huge ripoff at retail. They are dirt cheap to make, and the discount ones you find on Amazon are just find. I have many of them I have been using for years.

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-2M-...9470701&sr=8-1

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Cool. I'm gonna go ahead and give it a go, it sounds like it should work and Amazon is discounting a $60 Monster HDMI-DVI cable to 9.99, so it seems like I should make a go at it.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    my friend does this and it works

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    I'd ask this on the PS3 forums. I think you'd need an audio splitter so that the audio can get fed from the PS3 (componet) to the HDMI output that the monitor is giving off. I tried this with my 360, but I didn't have the proper accessories to get the audio in, as I too was trying to get audio from component while my 360 was in HDMI on my monitor.
    Yeah I was gonna go there next, I just figured if somebody had a setup like this going it'd be easier than registering over there. Tends to be a pain....

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    I'd ask this on the PS3 forums. I think you'd need an audio splitter so that the audio can get fed from the PS3 (componet) to the HDMI output that the monitor is giving off. I tried this with my 360, but I didn't have the proper accessories to get the audio in, as I too was trying to get audio from component while my 360 was in HDMI on my monitor.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    started a topic I have a question about my PS3

I have a question about my PS3

I'd like to know this before I go out and buy an HDMI - DVI cable.

Can the PS3 output video from HDMI, and then audio from component cables?

Reason is I want to play my PS3 on a monitor on my desk, not have it connected to my TV, because that's kinda just how my stuff is set up.

I plan on getting an HDMI-DVI cable, using that to plug into my monitor, and then getting the standard component cables that came with the PS3, and just use the audio plugs to go to my speakers.

Does anybody know if this would work?
Working...
X