I think i'm cursed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i'm cursed

The blu ray drive on my ps3 crapped out last night. It will read dvds but not blu rays. This will be the 4th time I've had to send a ps3 to sony. First my original 60 gig ps3 died. Then the refurb they sent me died after less of a year or minimal use. Then my brothers 80 gig ps3 died. He traded his refurb into gamestop for a slim. Then last night my slim's drive takes a crap. I'm so ticked at Sony right now. I take excellent care of my stuff and still they break. PS4 better be built like a tank because this is beyond rediculous.
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    The blu ray drive on my ps3 crapped out last night. It will read dvds but not blu rays. This will be the 4th time I've had to send a ps3 to sony. First my original 60 gig ps3 died. Then the refurb they sent me died after less of a year or minimal use. Then my brothers 80 gig ps3 died. He traded his refurb into gamestop for a slim. Then last night my slim's drive takes a crap. I'm so ticked at Sony right now. I take excellent care of my stuff and still they break. PS4 better be built like a tank because this is beyond rediculous.
    Well, its only a $50 fix... if you wanna do it yourself.

but yeah, you are unlucky as my ps3's haven't had any issues (although I buy my ps3's exclusively with issues to fix).

Biggest issue with ps3 is overheating, but that is user error...

the laser is one of the only things to die that isn't from user error.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think you meant to type Xbox 360 every time you typed PS3...
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I've never had any problems with my slim, it's going on its 2nd year. Then again, I've never had problems with systems I've owned, even my 360.

Comment

Bummer, hopefully nothing happens to mine. A couple days after I bought my PS3 it locked up like no other, but it turned out that it was a software issue and PS Home was making it freeze.

Never had any problems with my 360 and I've owned it since launch

Hopefully your rotten luck goes away soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
            Well, its only a $50 fix... if you wanna do it yourself.

but yeah, you are unlucky as my ps3's haven't had any issues (although I buy my ps3's exclusively with issues to fix).

Biggest issue with ps3 is overheating, but that is user error...

the laser is one of the only things to die that isn't from user error.

Seems the 60 gigs are dropping like flies now. Still really mad lol. Just needed to vent.
            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

i had a major problem with my ps2 and my xbox and xbox 360

never had any problems with anything nintendo aside from having to blow on cartridges of the nes
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

never had any problems with anything nintendo aside from having to blow on cartridges of the nes
                Don't build um like they used to
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

Yeah!!!!! Now that's old school, ever haft to re-solder the power connecter on a Sega?
                  Actually I'm still a little bent about that, they said I could get all the old Sega games on the Wii channel, but they don't have the whole catalogue and I sold off my Sega so I can't play South Park LOL!
                  sigpic
                  I Adopt #77 well damn!
                  Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                  Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                    Yeah!!!!! Now that's old school, ever haft to re-solder the power connecter on a Sega?
                    Actually I'm still a little bent about that, they said I could get all the old Sega games on the Wii channel, but they don't have the whole catalogue and I sold off my Sega so I can't play South Park LOL!
                    i used to have sega tv lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Lol the only console I've owned that ever gave me problems was my PS2 fat. It stopped working in 2007, and I got it a few months after it originally launched. It must of been five times I took it to get it fixed, and it would work well for about a week, and then it would act up again. Eventually it died out on me, then I followed up by getting a 360.

Comment

Don't build um like they used to
                        It's not that it's lower quality, it's just exceedingly more complicated. The NES, SNES, and even N64 are very simple pieces of tech. They were advanced for their age, but still simple enough to where there wasn't much on them to go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                          It's not that it's lower quality, it's just exceedingly more complicated. The NES, SNES, and even N64 are very simple pieces of tech. They were advanced for their age, but still simple enough to where there wasn't much on them to go wrong.
                          The point still stands... they don't build them simple anymore
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Man that's terrible luck sorry hear that. Only system I ever had trouble with was old original Xbox system just stopped reading discs would not work after first 5 months I owned it. Luckily I haven't had any trouble since with my PS3 and Xbox 360....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              I agree. In comparison to those systems, the PS3 is over 100X more powerful than the N64, so of course there will be more technical issues.

With that said; no matter how simple or complicated these consoles are, they'll always be bound to have problems. They're machines, and just like any other machine out there, they wear down and they break. It's just a matter of WHEN that will happen, and unfortunately that has happened to OP on multiple occasions. .
                              Last edited by Amari24; 07-08-2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X