New consoles from Apple and Google?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    It seems anything Apple puts their stamp on their rabbid fans go purchase, no matter what it does, so its smart for Apple regardless.

I can see it now, hundreads of fans in line at Apples store to purchase the Iconsole, which will be outdated the next year when Iconsole 2 is released....

Oh and Iconsole Touch by the 3rd year
    Actually I'm betting the console name based on previous naming trends with apple will be something like Iplay.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      So do google and apple, portable or not they do have gaming experience plus they have what really matters (deep pockets and great R&D)

I'm not going to bet against either company making a big splash because everything they've touched of late turns to gold.
      Going by that logic, GamePark could succeed in the console business because they have experience with Portable gaming. Again, it doesn't work like that.

These are consoles, not iphones, ipods, tablets, etc. No one's trying to play cellphone games on a console, what people are trying to play are CoD, Skyrim, Halo, etc. Those are the games that you can't experience on cellphones not matter what, and neither Apple or Google have proven they can market those games to gamers.

Google and Apple literally have no experience, or the comprehension of gaming hardware to even be compared to the advantage that MS and Sony had when first entering.

No matter how you spin it, iOS and Android simply aren't dedicated gaming devices, therefore you can't say that they give Apple and Google an edge.

I'm not going to bet against either company making a big splash because everything they've touched of late turns to gold.
      Yeah everything Apple has touched gaming dedicated wise, has turned into fool's gold. Google will always be known as a search engine first and foremost, nothing more, nothing less.
      Last edited by Amari24; 07-18-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Amari24;3832052]Going by that logic, GamePark could succeed in the console business because they have experience with Portable gaming. Again, it doesn't work like that.

These are consoles, not iphones, ipods, tablets, etc. No one's trying to play cellphone games on a console, what people are trying to play are CoD, Skyrim, Halo, etc. Those are the games that you can't experience on cellphones not matter what, and neither Apple or Google have proven they can market those games to gamers.

Google and Apple literally have no experience, or the comprehension of gaming hardware to even be compared to the advantage that MS and Sony had when first entering.

No matter how you spin it, iOS and Android simply aren't dedicated gaming devices, therefore you can't say that they give Apple and Google an edge.

Yeah everything Apple has touched gaming dedicated wise, has turned into fool's gold. Google will always be known as a search engine first and foremost, nothing more, nothing less.[/QUOTE]

Yea and Microsoft is just an Os maker....

Yes Googles a search engine, internet provider, internet phone service, email provider, os maker, browser maker, software developer, social networking site, video content provider (youtube) Book Library.

To say they are nothing more than a search engine is just flat out wrong they may have started that way but they are so much more at this point.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/22633...sen_finds.html

They hold %50 of the phone Os market at this point in time...they have their hand in just about every cookie jar possible and I find no reason to think that they can't pull off a game console if they decided to make one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

Yes Googles a search engine, internet provider, internet phone service, email provider, os maker, browser maker, software developer, social networking site, video content provider (youtube) Book Library.

To say they are nothing more than a search engine is just flat out wrong they may have started that way but they are so much more at this point.

They hold %50 of the phone Os market at this point in time...they have their hand in just about every cookie jar possible and I find no reason to think that they can't pull off a game console if they decided to make one.
          When you hear the name google, you may think of search engines first... but they do so much more, being the single largest force in the internet... in this day and age.

When you think smart phone, do you think android? Then you're thinking of Google. Taking over half of a market in 2 years is impressive regardless of the market.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            When you hear the name google, you may think of search engines first... but they do so much more, being the single largest force in the internet... in this day and age.

When you think smart phone, do you think android? Then you're thinking of Google. Taking over half of a market in 2 years is impressive regardless of the market.
            Expecially when you consider that Apple contains the next largest share at 25% next closest being blackberry at 15% (who used to dominate the market not all that long ago)
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Freyaka;3832738]

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I never said they are only a search engine, I was saying when people think of Google, that first thing that comes to their mind is their search engine, period. They're playing second fiddle in pretty much every area aside from OS, and SE. It doesn't matter how many areas Google is doing well in, you could ask anyone off the streets on what's the first thing that comes to mind about Google, and I bet 80% of them would say "search engine".

You only have so many hands to work with, I guess that explains why Google is only leading in one or two of the fields they're actually competing in...

And again, stop with the OS =/= Consoles. They're not the same thing. We already went over this.

With that, I guess there's really nothing to discuss. You guys keep bringing up OS like it has relevance on how they'd do in the console market. It doesn't, so I'll just agree to disagree then.
              Last edited by Amari24; 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X