Captain Planet:The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Planet:The Movie

You read the title right, the old 90's TV show is being made into a live action movie, by the producer of Transformers.

“Captain Planet” is back! But the eco-friendly superhero won’t be showing up in an animated reboot of the original '90s cartoon. Instead, Cartoon Network and "Transformers" producer Don Murphy and partner Susan Montford's Angry Filmworks are teaming together with "Transformers" producer to make a live action film about the environmentalist hero.

“The messages of Captain Planet are even more relevant today,” said Stuart Snyder, president and COO of Turner Broadcasting System Inc.’s Animation, Young Adults and Kids Media division, in a press release. “We feel this team can bring the world’s first eco-hero to life in a powerful motion picture that is not only pertinent but entertaining.”

Murphy and Montford also expressed their appreciation of the project in the press release.

“[Captain Planet’s] adventures are known worldwide and he is recognized across generations,” said Murphy. “We expect to make a spectacular series of films with the amazing team at Cartoon Network.”

“With the earthquakes, tornadoes, melting icebergs and all the other problems threatening the world right now, Earth really needs her greatest defender,” added Montford.

The press release did not say when the movie is expected to be released.
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/07/19...-planet-movie/

All I know is it better have the classic theme song with it.
    Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 07-20-2011, 12:17 AM.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

i can see this being one big fat giant Global Warming propaganda movie....and failing miserably.

also they ought to credit correctly and include Spielberg as the main Transformers producer, since he was EP on that.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I just bought season one
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I know I wont waste my money on this left wing propaganda.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

I loved Captain Planet, but no thanks. I'm not wasting anymore of my time with these movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            I know I wont waste my money on this left wing propaganda.
            i know right, those damn lefties, it's so cold out, let's go drill for some oil and burn a few trees down lol
            sigpic

Comment

It's a pity too... the show used to be mildly okay.

but you just know that Hollywood is going to turn it into a giant political agenda.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                It's a pity too... the show used to be mildly okay.

but you just know that Hollywood is going to turn it into a giant political agenda.
                Yep... just like Cars 2.

Comment

i used to love the show

Last edited by 12and4; 07-20-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    Yep... just like Cars 2.
                    why the hell did you see cars 2?
                    sigpic

Comment

I heard cars 2 was awful

Also this sucks cause i loved Captain Planet...every kid had their own lil super power of a different element it was great lol

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                        why the hell did you see cars 2?
                        I didn't see it, I only saw the first one. From what I've heard, Cars 2 has the whole 'eco-friendly' thing going on, and how people should stop using oil.

Comment

This guy playing him?
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree that this will be another global warming out cry, I still will probably see it, just because I like Captain Planet, much like I'd see a movie based on Halo, even if it's bad.

Hell I saw Dragonball Evolution, a horrid movie, but as a fan of DBZ I saw it.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I sense a great amount of fail in this one!
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                              X