Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    caught it last Saturday and I really enjoyed it.

I loved how they implemented the global pandemic that wipes out the human race as a way for the apes to take over the world. Pretty cool.

I just wonder if these Apes will keep evolving or stay how they are.
    Throw a spoiler alert on them things bro! Not everyone in this threads seen it yet.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Throw a spoiler alert on them things bro! Not everyone in this threads seen it yet.
      It is a prequel, I think everyone knows how it turns out

sigpic
      I Adopt #77 well damn!
      Milla Da QB Killa' #77
      Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
        It is a prequel, I think everyone knows how it turns out

Of course I know what happens in the long run but not how this movie gets to that point.
        sigpic

Comment

Of course I know what happens in the long run but not how this movie gets to that point.
          I understand, just kidding. We could get real picky and "female dog' about the Statue of Liberty still being normal in the original, but yet Marky Mark went back to a world with a Ape Lincoln statue, LOL! Silly stuff like that.
          Hence why I don't like many remakes, or prequils, or part 2s of movies that weren't ment to be continued. Like the stupid Spiderman reboot, Why? Tobbys beginning was fine and we were just getting to the point his professor, Dr Conners, could turn into the Lizard man, but nooooooooooo, we haft to start all over? Stupid.
          sigpic
          I Adopt #77 well damn!
          Milla Da QB Killa' #77
          Fox Rocks #77

Comment

lol i love the look on her face after he says that...
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Ok well...I saw it tonight and.....aparently Charlie and I do agree on very few things.....HOWEVER when it comes to TV and movies aparently we think on the same wavelength because I'd say 10/10, it's right up there with the original Planet of the Apes IMO.

Good acting, great plot (totally believable and not some off the wall story as to how the apes could rise and I loved it!)

Most of my observations will be spoilers so I'll just change the font to white.

Highlight to read: SPOILERS
              So the things I liked most were the virus aspect of things, obviously it can't wipe the entire human race out if it is to be in line with any of the original movies however I think it's totally possible that the virus takes out a good chunk of humanity and while that's happening caesar and his pals are busy procreating making lots more super intelligent primates (they did a really good job of establishing from the start that the drug passes down genetically to the baby to explain how it can go from the apes they have now to a planet ruled by them)

I suspect eventually humanity would get the virus under control but by then their numbers will be diminished while the apes will have grown in size I'm sure for a time they might even live side by side before the apes just take over completely.

Meanwhile they did another subtle (but awesome) job of showing the mars launch and then later dropping the subtle hint that it got lost in space (to reapppear in the future where we can have a new planet of the apes movie much more true to the original than the tim burton movie)

All in all, great movie, great setup for potential sequal and really just awesome movie!! A++!
              sigpic

Comment

I loved this show too. I liked the original remake (I know I am almost alone here) too but this one was a great story and setup for more movies.

A pleasant surprise in a summer full of dissapointing movies.

and Frey, love the highlight spoiler thing, very cool.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  I loved this show too. I liked the original remake (I know I am almost alone here) too but this one was a great story and setup for more movies.

A pleasant surprise in a summer full of dissapointing movies.

and Frey, love the highlight spoiler thing, very cool.
                  Best I can do since the board doesn't have actual [spoiler] tags.

I hated the tim burton remake your totally alone there

There was a couple of things I read about that excite me

Highlight They have already talked about doing a trillogy, it sounds like the 2nd move would take place a decade or so later documenting the apes taking over with the 3rd possibly focusing on the return of the Icarus mission (the mars shuttle that was lost and will eventually refind itself in the future)
                  sigpic

Comment

Best I can do since the board doesn't have actual [spoiler] tags.

I hated the tim burton remake your totally alone there

There was a couple of things I read about that excite me

Highlight They have already talked about doing a trillogy, it sounds like the 2nd move would take place a decade or so later documenting the apes taking over with the 3rd possibly focusing on the return of the Icarus mission (the mars shuttle that was lost and will eventually refind itself in the future)
                    Sounds like I might have a few movies to look forward to.
                    sigpic

Comment

Saw it today, I gotta say it was a good movie. I didn't think it would be, but it was.

It was more peaceful than I thought it would be, but still.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                      X