Any Street Fighter fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Street Fighter fans here?

Street Fighter III just hit the PSN yesterday and I must admit I like the new work they did to it. IS anyone here going to get it (For ps3)?

I used to be hardcore in SF, I still am at heart but I stopped competing in pro tourneys and all that, I am not all THAT good but I would like someone to play with...along with that maybe some other Capcom games:

MvC3
    SSF4
    SFIII

etc

etc

Let me know, the game is pretty good, I would have liked to see them convert it to HD and widescreen but they have a cool way of making up for it with xp challenges on the left and right where it's normally dead space.
    Last edited by Peanut; 08-24-2011, 09:36 AM.

I use to play in tournaments about 10-15 (did E3 MK3 tourney for example when Kung Lao was cheesy) years ago. Played against the likes of Valle, Diego etc.

Now marriage and old age has ruined me. When SSF4 came out I went and got a tournament stick, bought the game and realized that my reaction time is gone. I can not see frame animations like I use to so I could counter attack and I have problems with my speed. 10 years ago I would have no problems doing chain combos with FDAC if that was when SSF4 was released.

Now when I play I feel like I walked into the bad areas of east L.A. with a sign on my head saying beat me, rob me, please do not hurt me too badly.

If I felt I was evening competitive I would be playing more, but all my timing is gone and trying to spend hours to overcome my deficiencies is not an option.

Makes me sad.

Yet my most played game on my iphone 4 is SF4 Volt because at least I can beat the computer while in the bathroom........
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
      I use to play in tournaments about 10-15 (did E3 MK3 tourney for example when Kung Lao was cheesy) years ago. Played against the likes of Valle, Diego etc.

Now marriage and old age has ruined me. When SSF4 came out I went and got a tournament stick, bought the game and realized that my reaction time is gone. I can not see frame animations like I use to so I could counter attack and I have problems with my speed. 10 years ago I would have no problems doing chain combos with FDAC if that was when SSF4 was released.

Now when I play I feel like I walked into the bad areas of east L.A. with a sign on my head saying beat me, rob me, please do not hurt me too badly.

If I felt I was evening competitive I would be playing more, but all my timing is gone and trying to spend hours to overcome my deficiencies is not an option.

Makes me sad.

Yet my most played game on my iphone 4 is SF4 Volt because at least I can beat the computer while in the bathroom........
      LMAO!!! Oh man I am so there with you, I am 28 now, but when I was 20-21 no one was touching me on MvC2 or any other Capcom title, then the world of direct download titles came out and with online options and I thought "Here I goooo" and I got chin checked QUICK.

in 2008 I entered the Sf4 tourney and made it a few rounds but then got pwned and I have soem friends in SoCal who run in those circles u mentioned so I am garbage to them. I still like good (Non cheap competition), just for fun you know? IF you get the game let me know

Comment

I've never been that much of a Street Fighter guy outside SF2. I love fighting games though. If anything, I'll be getting Street Fighter Vs. Tekken, because I do like Tekken a lot more than SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          I've never been that much of a Street Fighter guy outside SF2. I love fighting games though. If anything, I'll be getting Street Fighter Vs. Tekken, because I do like Tekken a lot more than SF.
          SF x Tekken is going to be awesome, Capcom foind the fountain of youth with SF4 and all these titles moving fwd have been legit for sure. I can't wait to use Ryu/Paul or Ken/Jun (Can't remember if either Tekken guys are in it)

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            The version you want is going to be the Tekken X SF release. That one will be done by the Tekken team with the Tekken fighting system.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
              The version you want is going to be the Tekken X SF release. That one will be done by the Tekken team with the Tekken fighting system.
              Yeah I know. Tekken x SF is the one I really want, but it doesn't come out until next year, so I might as well get SF x Tekken to hold me over. Soul Calibur V comes out in January, plus there's Tekken Hybrid and Tekken Tag 2. I'm going to be buying a lot of fighting games lol.
              Last edited by Amari24; 08-24-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

They were discussing that Tekken x SF might not come out, they said the teams are waaay behind focusing on Tekken Tag 2, SF x Tekken, etc, to date there isn't even a screen shot of the game yet, I wouldn't be shocked to just see SF x Tekken

Comment

My teacher's name was honda (she was kinda hefty) and I called her e honda...

so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                    They were discussing that Tekken x SF might not come out, they said the teams are waaay behind focusing on Tekken Tag 2, SF x Tekken, etc, to date there isn't even a screen shot of the game yet, I wouldn't be shocked to just see SF x Tekken
                    I doubt that. The whole point of Tekken x SF was so that it doesn't force fans to have to learn a whole new fighting system with Street Fighter gameplay. They wouldn't just screw over Tekken fans by canceling Tekken x SF and forcing them to play a Street Fighter game.

Besides, SF x Tekken isn't primarily Namco's concern, it's Capcom's. Tekken 7 has already been confirmed, but that's it. For all we know; Tekken 7 won't be here until the next generation consoles hit the market.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                      My teacher's name was honda (she was kinda hefty) and I called her e honda...

so yeah.
                      Did she hit you with the Hundred Hand Sumo Slap when you acted up in class?
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X