Dead Island ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Island ...

I've watched some video and it looks pretty good! It seems to be an open world, mission based game like GTA and such but with Zombies!

I'm interested in the 4 player co-op the most, I think I'll be getting it just not sure I will get it right away.

Anyone else from here plan on picking it up??
    sigpic

I will be getting it at some point. It looks great to me. The only thing that bothers me is some of the unrealistic weapon modifications. Electrifying a melee weapon seems too ridiculous to me...even considering its a zombie game.

Should still be awesome though.

Comment

I remember when the first trailer came out like in 06 and then it just went into limbo for like 3-4 years.

The finished product looks pretty good though.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

As long as it doesn't bomb in reviews I'm gonna be picking it up day one. I'm DYING for some new good games, and I'm still not sure if Deus Ex is for me, so I'm waiting for a GameFly of it.

Comment

if you guys just wanna kill zombies then dead rising is the way to go.

Theirs a new one coming out in October i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
            if you guys just wanna kill zombies then dead rising is the way to go.

Theirs a new one coming out in October i believe.
            I never really got into Dead Rising. My roommate loves it but I'm really not that fond.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              As long as it doesn't bomb in reviews I'm gonna be picking it up day one. I'm DYING for some new good games, and I'm still not sure if Deus Ex is for me, so I'm waiting for a GameFly of it.
              You should really give Deus Ex a shot. I got it the other day and absolutely LOVE IT. It very fun and addicting, and reminds me very much of the original.

Plus, it's pretty challenging (especially if you decide to avoid killing people). Just don't try to play this like Halo or CoD, cuz you'll end up getting pwned like I did.
              Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
              sigpic

Comment

It reminds me of a more detailed Borderlands, if that is indeed the case I will be picking it up along with my friends, Borderlands+Zombies=Winning
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  I never really got into Dead Rising. My roommate loves it but I'm really not that fond.
                  Well Dead Rising 1 was a spin off on George A. Romero's 1978 original Dawn of the dead.

Second one is in Vegas. It's a very underrated game imo.. Sandbox style game with every object as a weapon and 1000's of zombies all over the area with an action packed story.

Comment

Looks kind of bland. The first thing it reminded me of was "Far Cry 3" with zombies. I thought it looked interesting at first, but now I couldn't care less about it.

The only zombie game I plan on picking up is Resident Evil: ORC.
                    Last edited by Amari24; 08-26-2011, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I wasn't really a fan of Dead Rising either.

Dead Island looks more interesting to me, the 4 player co-op should present some pretty awesome game play, especially if you have 4 amigos to slash with!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                        I wasn't really a fan of Dead Rising either.

Dead Island looks more interesting to me, the 4 player co-op should present some pretty awesome game play, especially if you have 4 amigos to slash with!!!
                        ^^^^this, even a mediocre game becomes great when you can play with friends
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

It seems like a more melee based Left 4 Dead

Not sure if i'll pick it up
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                            It seems like a more melee based Left 4 Dead

Not sure if i'll pick it up
                            Maybe gameplay wise, but outside of that it's completely different. It's open world and actually has a story. Also weapon variety is infinitely different, and you can use vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                              Well Dead Rising 1 was a spin off on George A. Romero's 1978 original Dawn of the dead.

Second one is in Vegas. It's a very underrated game imo.. Sandbox style game with every object as a weapon and 1000's of zombies all over the area with an action packed story.
                              Yeah I know, I've played both, I just didn't like either enough to play through the whole game.

Comment

Working...
                              X