Rate the last video game you played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the last video game you played

Well since I figured since so many great games are coming out in the next year I thought this would be a nice little place to see what everyone else thaught about a game, so if your on the edge or something. Or to bring forth games that were hidden behind all the glamour of all the big names, so lets get this ball rolling

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

There's actually already a thread like this, but I think the last post was a little over a year ago. You could dig it up and bump it with an advanced search, but I'll post my last game anyways.

This time I'm going to my retro game collection, so not too many people (if any) won't be familiar with this game.

Crusader: No Remorse- Sega Saturn 8.5/10
    The gameplay is basically like the first two Fallout games on PC. I had a lot of fun with it, and the soundtrack alone makes the game a must buy. You have a bunch of different ways of killing your enemies, and there are also subtle puzzles and pretty big areas to explore in the game.

The game is also available on PC and the PS1.

Comment

I remember a thread like this too, but might as well start a new one.

Team Fortress 2 - 10/10... Because not only is it fun, but it was free. Doesn't get much better than that!
      I used to be a console guy, but haven't touched the Xbox for a while now since my friends shoved Steam down my throat.
      sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Asteroids

I Loved it! 10/10!

Comment

I'll give you what I did all summer. (Outside of work, friends, vacation, trips, football, etc)
          Just have to remember. I had such a backlog of stuff that I finally got done, dating back from March and stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

College Football 12--

Fantastic game. I'm addicted to dynasty mode, gameplay is great, RTG is good.

I'd rather play it than Madden any day, and this is the first time I've ever said that about a football game.

Comment

Angry Birds - 10

Comment

Dead Island--

8.5/10

Tons of fun, not very polished. Just wish I had more time to play it...

Comment

Killzone 3- 8.5/10. After playing the game for a while lately, I realize that I rated the game too highly at first. I think I gave it like a 9.5 or something like that, but that was more so because I was having endless fun with the game during that point. It clouded my judgment a bit, it's still a good game.

Multiplayer still holds up well.

Comment

Silent Hill - 8/10
                    Yes, I know a very old game but I don't care. I've never played the game before and finally had a chance to. The only problem I had with it was there were about 2 times where it didn't tell you where you needed to go so your running through town check every door you come across until you hit a cutscene.
                    sigpic
                    Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                    Have It All - Blu3
                    Conceited - Blu3
                    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                    All On You - Blu3

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post
                      Silent Hill - 8/10
                      Yes, I know a very old game but I don't care. I've never played the game before and finally had a chance to. The only problem I had with it was there were about 2 times where it didn't tell you where you needed to go so your running through town check every door you come across until you hit a cutscene.
                      Nothing wrong with that. I never played Silent Hill before, I was more of a Resident Evil guy back in the day. That was really the joy of playing horror games back then. You mention that you had to run around places to find out where to go; might sound weird, but that's also what I thought was a great thing about old horror games. The tension of being chased by creatures and not knowing where to go, and what lied behind each door. There was also the exploration parts of them, and the of puzzles that you had to figure out.

If you look at any PS3 or 360 game that's classified as "horror", all it really involves is shooting things in dark corridors, with a map on the right hand corner of the screen, telling you where to go. You get tons of ammo, and simply move from room to room blowing away anything that moves. You don't feel like you're trying to survive, which is why I personally don't consider Dead Space or L4D Survival horror games.

I have to sit down and play some more of these retro horror games. Parasite Eve is another one I heard that was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        Nothing wrong with that. I never played Silent Hill before, I was more of a Resident Evil guy back in the day. That was really the joy of playing horror games back then. You mention that you had to run around places to find out where to go; might sound weird, but that's also what I thought was a great thing about old horror games. The tension of being chased by creatures and not knowing where to go, and what lied behind each door. There was also the exploration parts of them, and the of puzzles that you had to figure out.

If you look at any PS3 or 360 game that's classified as "horror", all it really involves is shooting things in dark corridors, with a map on the right hand corner of the screen, telling you where to go. You get tons of ammo, and simply move from room to room blowing away anything that moves. You don't feel like you're trying to survive, which is why I personally don't consider Dead Space or L4D Survival horror games.

I have to sit down and play some more of these retro horror games. Parasite Eve is another one I heard that was good.

Parasite Eve games were my thing back on the PS1. Fairly difficult, and they all had really cool stories. Tough to go back and play though with the graphics and what would now be considered shoddy mechanics.

I finally beat Dead Space 2 on zealot... so I decided to start a hardcore game. That is definitely survival horror lol. Really low ammo, only 3 saves the whole 20 hours of game.... I kinda said F this and put it away lol.

Anyways,

NHL 12 - 9/10 - Best one yet so far with the bits I've played. I don't usually give things 10 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post

You want a good modern horror game play some Condemned. Those games scare the ish out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            Parasite Eve games were my thing back on the PS1. Fairly difficult, and they all had really cool stories. Tough to go back and play though with the graphics and what would now be considered shoddy mechanics.

I finally beat Dead Space 2 on zealot... so I decided to start a hardcore game. That is definitely survival horror lol. Really low ammo, only 3 saves the whole 20 hours of game.... I kinda said F this and put it away lol.

Anyways,

NHL 12 - 9/10 - Best one yet so far with the bits I've played. I don't usually give things 10 out of 10.
                            Dead space games are great, but IMO not really that scary. As a standard third person shooter though I absolutely love them.

Comment

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

100/10.
                              Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X