No announcement yet.

Tha Carter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Carter 4 broke WTT's digital first week sales on Itunes.

WTT set the record with 290k and reportedly C4 is over 300,000
    now.

What a disgrace.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
      The Carter 4 broke WTT's digital first week sales on Itunes.

WTT set the record with 290k and reportedly C4 is over 300,000
      now.

What a disgrace.
      Wayne is still not getting any credit on this board,JayZ, Eminem,and the underground hip hop rappers rule this board

If he can't rap,he must be a good rap entertainer to be getting that much love imo.I think he is the best upcoming rap entertainer.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
        Wayne is still not getting any credit on this board,JayZ, Eminem,and the underground hip hop rappers rule this board

If he can't rap,he must be a good rap entertainer to be getting that much love imo.I think he is the best upcoming rap entertainer.
        Lil Wayne is what's wrong with mainstream rap. I know a lot of girls who say they "Love Lil Wayne" and don't know anything about Rap in general. That's a good majority of his fanbase, and it speaks volumes to me.

I've said it before that I think he's talented, but he doesn't rap to his potential. He raps lazy, thinks he's better than he is, and has gone pop.

IMO Lil Wayne is a rapper who's best days are long behind him - a lot like 50 cent. There are tons of rappers out there that just don't live up to their potential. I used to listen to 50 cent a lot years ago, haven't bought an album of his in years... the guy has really fallen off.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
          Lil Wayne is what's wrong with mainstream rap. I know a lot of girls who say they "Love Lil Wayne" and don't know anything about Rap in general. That's a good majority of his fanbase, and it speaks volumes to me.

I've said it before that I think he's talented, but he doesn't rap to his potential. He raps lazy, thinks he's better than he is, and has gone pop.

IMO Lil Wayne is a rapper who's best days are long behind him - a lot like 50 cent. There are tons of rappers out there that just don't live up to their potential. I used to listen to 50 cent a lot years ago, haven't bought an album of his in years... the guy has really fallen off.
          Agreed 100%. CP to ya..

If the entire world was more educated when it comes to hip hop then Lil Wayne would not be big right now.

I actually had a conversation with someone today about Wayne they said he was the best rapper alive. I brought up names like Kool G Rap, Rakim and KRS-One....... He didn't know who they were, this is whats wrong with hip hop today....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
            Agreed 100%. CP to ya..

If the entire world was more educated when it comes to hip hop then Lil Wayne would not be big right now.

I actually had a conversation with someone today about Wayne they said he was the best rapper alive. I brought up names like Kool G Rap, Rakim and KRS-One....... He didn't know who they were, this is whats wrong with hip hop today....
            I agree,KRS-One was the man back in the days of early hip hop.I think true hip hop is gone,its a thing of the past.Gangsta bad boy rap is what the new generation wants to hear,they want to be entertained.If you ask the youngsters today to listen to some real hip hop they will say its not that good,it probably would not get any play.

Fact is,their is a bigger variety of people in the outside world that wants to hear Wayne and the Game,and their record albums are blowing up the charts in sales as proof.
            Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 09-02-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I get what your saying.

You have to understand its a business,its not all about pleasing the very few that wants to hear true hip hop its about money.Its about giving the majority of people what they want to spend their money for.

I'm sure he knows that lazy style he has is making him millions of dollars so why stop just to please a few people and lose money.I'm sure if he wanted to he could blend in with the true hip hop artist,but he wouldn't sell as many albums as he sells now.Those little girls you spoke of,majority of them don't care about the past,they care about what vibrations move them and that's these new style rappers such as Wayne.
              Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 09-02-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

My biggest problem with Wayne is that most of his music that he puts on his CD is mixtape quality. He doesnt have any quality songs. I love mixtapes and freestyles but I feel if your making an actual album there has to be quality on it. Most of his stuff is a bunch of random punch lines put together and you cant tell in general what the song is about. There is no purpose.

Comment

I agree,KRS-One was the man back in the days of early hip hop.I think true hip hop is gone,its a thing of the past.Gangsta bad boy rap is what the new generation wants to hear,they want to be entertained.If you ask the youngsters today to listen to some real hip hop they will say its not that good,it probably would not get any play.

Fact is,their is a bigger variety of people in the outside world that wants to hear Wayne and the Game,and their record albums are blowing up the charts in sales as proof.
                  KRS-One is still the man, he still puts out fire....

As far as good hip hop mainstream, I agree, it's pretty much dead. But great hip hop overall? There is still a ton of great artists...
                  Last edited by The Experience; 09-02-2011, 06:51 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

KRS-One is still the man, he still puts out fire....
                    I agree with that,i like the song he has with Talib Kweli,now thats fire

Perfect beat

Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I get what your saying.

You have to understand its a business,its not all about pleasing the very view that wants to hear true hip hop its about money.Its about giving the majority of people what they want to spend their money for.

I'm sure he knows that lazy style he has is making him millions of dollars so why stop just to please a few people and lose money.I'm sure if he wanted to he could blend in with the true hip hop artist,but he wouldn't sell as many albums as he sells now.Those little girls you spoke of,majority of them don't care about the past,they care about what vibrations move them and that's these new style rappers such as Wayne.
                      Those little girls don't know what good is because they haven't heard it, Mainly because garbage dominates the airwaves.. I thought my first girlfriend was the best too until we broke up and I played the field a little.

Lil Wayne can think he's the best because he sells x many records, but everyone in the hip hop world knows that he's not anywhere close.
                      Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Those little girls don't know what good is because they haven't heard it, Mainly because garbage dominates the airwaves.. I thought my first girlfriend was the best too until we broke up and I played the field a little.

Lil Wayne can think he's the best because he sells x many records, but everyone in the hip hop world knows that he's not anywhere close.
                        Its kind of like the nfl its a business first,they don't care about our opinion as long as they are making money.You are right garbage rules the airwaves,its getting worse every year.

Just to let you know,its a lot of people that don't even like Hip Hop let along Rap,they think its not music at all.They think its whack,a bunch of crap.

Comment

Its kind of like the nfl its a business first,they don't care about our opinion as long as they are making money.You are right garbage rules the airwaves,its getting worse every year.

Just to let you know,its a lot of people that don't even like Hip Hop let along Rap,they think its not music at all.They think its whack,a bunch of crap.
                          I think people who don't like hip hop would appreciate it a lot more if they didn't hear guys like Wayne.

Hip Hop is stereotyped so badly among a lot of people. All people think hip hop is money, women, cars, drugs, etc. because that is what has been played on the radio for over 10 years. If they heard more REAL Hip Hop I think that they won't necessarily learn to love it, but they will appreciate it as an art form and form of music.

This is why I say that Wayne has done more to hurt hip hop than he has to help it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think people who don't like hip hop would appreciate it a lot more if they didn't hear guys like Wayne.

Hip Hop is stereotyped so badly among a lot of people. All people think hip hop is money, women, cars, drugs, etc. because that is what has been played on the radio for over 10 years. If they heard more REAL Hip Hop I think that they won't necessarily learn to love it, but they will appreciate it as an art form and form of music.

This is why I say that Wayne has done more to hurt hip hop than he has to help it.
                            Even before Wayne came into the picture society never liked hip hop.I listened to a lot of clean artist a long time ago,and my parents and family never liked it.They felt it was all a bunch of crap,it wasn't real music.

Now if it was country western or jazz,they could dig that.I really don't think most people in society know what the difference is.I could tell you now,the vast majority of people i know wouldn't like either or,even if it was a guy like KRS1,or the Roots, it would still be the same result.

Comment

This is why I like Eminem so much too because he raps about real life. Certain rappers rap about the same thing over and over and over and over again. It's so repetitive and it's why a lot of people can't stand rap in general.

Rapping with a purpose is something I can respect.
                              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

This is why I like Eminem so much too because he raps about real life. Certain rappers rap about the same thing over and over and over and over again. It's so repetitive and it's why a lot of people can't stand rap in general.

Rapping with a purpose is something I can respect.
                                That is what real hip hop is, it's about life. From some of the simplest things, to some of the more complex aspects about it.

Real hip hop is relatable to your fanbase. If all you rap about is how much money you have, how many women you sleep with, and how nice your cars are. Only a small portion of your fanbase will relate to that. If you rap about real life such as a bad breakup or losing someone close to you, etc. Something that can happen to anyone then your fans will form that special connection with the artist and that is what real hip hop is all about....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X