Denver In Madden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I pray they tweak the rosters before the opening day roster is finished. The fact that all 3 of our QBs are trash is unreal. Do they even watch football? Orton threw for 3000+ yards last season with 20 tds!
    Ortons an average qb, and he didnt get that bad of a rating.

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
      I get like 9 sacks a game between Doom, Ayers, Miller, DJ, Bunkley, and Mays.

Running the ball is really easy but I can't pass to save my life so far.

This through 2 games.
      I think we have the same exact experience, I rented it and I relentlessly try and rush with Dum, and as a result I get double teamed a lot and it will end up sending Thomas and Bunkley to the Pro Bowl lol. Crazy

Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
      Agree, the Broncos are nasty in Madden. Have not lost yet.
      - Julius Thomas is amazing. over 100 yards receiving a game and atleast 2 Tds.
      - Moore has yet to drop a pass thrown his way. He is sick.
      - Nate Iving is actually really good in this game as well.
      - Lastly I play with B. Quinn ... im a Tebow hater, all the way back to his Florida days, and for some reason Orton blows in this game.
      Haha that's because Orton blows in real life...jus saying.

The difficulty in this is weird, I thought I'd start my franchise off on Pro until I got my skills back (Haven't played really since 09), it's too easy. And then All-Pro you get slapped in the face unless you have a perfect gameplan installed and memorized. I guess we all need to tweak the sliders and make "Custom" settings, and how fun that will be tweaking this game all day and night.

Comment

Quinton Carter is an absolute maniac, especially when blitzing off the right side. Through the first 3 preseason games his projected overall rating is 97. He hits like a tractor trailer. He's injured 4 opposing player already. I haven't picked off any passes with him yet but he is all over receivers when the ball is thrown towards him.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          Quinton Carter is an absolute maniac, especially when blitzing off the right side. Through the first 3 preseason games his projected overall rating is 97. He hits like a tractor trailer. He's injured 4 opposing player already. I haven't picked off any passes with him yet but he is all over receivers when the ball is thrown towards him.
          Too bad EA caps him at a B potential... hope you have the option to edit rosters on in franchise mode!
          sigpic

Comment

After I traded Orton and put in Tebow my passing game really opened up. But I'm having trouble running it as well as before. Still winning by at least 4 TD's on All-Pro but the O-line is frustrating me.
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post
              Too bad EA caps him at a B potential... hope you have the option to edit rosters on in franchise mode!
              Ya, I don't know what's up with that. After the 4th preason game his projected overall rating dropped from 97 to 86 and that's with him making a pick in the 4th preseason game. Hunter is the same thing. His projected overall rating dropped 10 pts. I had 6 sacks with him over the first 3 preseason games. I sat him in the 4th game so that may be why his rating dropped.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

After I traded Orton and put in Tebow my passing game really opened up. But I'm having trouble running it as well as before. Still winning by at least 4 TD's on All-Pro but the O-line is frustrating me.
                Orton blows. I shipped him to Miami for a 3rd round pick. Tebow is good when he actually has time to throw. Orlando Franklin gets beat almost every other play which leads to sacks or rushed throws.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Orton blows. I shipped him to Miami for a 3rd round pick. Tebow is good when he actually has time to throw. Orlando Franklin gets beat almost every other play which leads to sacks or rushed throws.
                  I traded him somewhere for 2 seconds, what are you doing? Lol. I also traded Dawkins to GB for Bulaga and a 4th rounder and moved Franklin to backup guard.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Ya, I don't know what's up with that. After the 4th preason game his projected overall rating dropped from 97 to 86 and that's with him making a pick in the 4th preseason game. Hunter is the same thing. His projected overall rating dropped 10 pts. I had 6 sacks with him over the first 3 preseason games. I sat him in the 4th game so that may be why his rating dropped.
                    Pretty confident that those overall's at 99? means that its projected his overall to be a 99 based on the very limited attributes that are unlocked. Each week based on how many attributes are revealed means his rating will be re-calculated. This is why despite on field play, by week 4 his rating will be truer to its actual value than it was earlier. Eventually it will be fully unlocked and I think he ends up somewhere at 79 with B potential.

The projected overall that slowly becomes more accurate is supposed to help you narrow down your choices of who you cut and who you keep each week among the rookies. It isn't an accurate portrayal of his final rating.

Also, players won't progress in their ratings until you end the playoffs and enter Owner Mode in the off-season.
                    sigpic

Comment

I traded him somewhere for 2 seconds, what are you doing? Lol. I also traded Dawkins to GB for Bulaga and a 4th rounder and moved Franklin to backup guard.
                      I found that teams unhappy with their starters at a certain position will offer up more in terms of trade compensation for a better player there, than teams set at that particular position. It made me very happy inside to see some vague sense of realism there.
                      sigpic

Comment

When will the next roster update come out?

Comment

I always hate my first franchise because the rosters change so much

Comment

I've been playing on AP and so far (although I'm a bit rusty and was never THAT good in the first place!) I think the Broncos are fine, haven't lost any of my first four games (although one was closer then I would've liked). Orton seems unable to throw an accurate deep ball, Tebow seems unable to throw an accurate short ball. Seems fair enough. Running is a lot better on this game because of the improved player/player interaction, same goes for defense. I like it. The only thing that annoyed me about our roster is that I think Joe Mays should be rated a bit higher, but I guess if you don't follow the Broncos closely you wouldn't hold that opinion.
                            sigpic
                            - ★ -
                            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

I can't believe I was suckered into buying Madden this year. I walked into GameStop and there were Madden 12 ads everywhere, couldn't resist lol.

I haven't bought one in years, so I'm just enjoying it for what it is. Same flaws from the demo, but oh well. I'll give it a chance. I have a hard time playing as Tebow though...

Comment

Played 2 game online, had 5 picks in each game. Got a few sacks in each game. I can not play the ball in the air though because the game seems to always lag right before the ball comes down. I hate that Irving, Moore, and Carter are so slow. Irving is faster than Mays, Moore and Carter are both way faster than Dawkins.

Moore and Bailey catch everything. Dawkins usually catches the ball, McBath makes crazy INTs when I go to 3 S looks. My only real complaint is that I can put a S at LB like I used to do last year. I had to put Williams and Woodyard at OLB and I moved Von to DE and he absolutely kills with his spin move. Him and Doom get a ton of pressure, Warren and Bunkley do good up the middle too.

The offense is fine, I went over 150 yards both times with Knowshon, I only threw 1 INT with Tebow but about 5 TDs and over 300 yards in each game.

Comment

Working...
                                X