WW2 Shooter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 Shooter ?

I know its not the favorite type of game ou there but the last one to come out on console was WAW in 2008 and brothers in arm hells higway in 2006 ( wich was a great game) and bf1943.

I know that furious four is coming in 2012 but thats not a legit shooter IMO. What i woudn't like is a new classic kinda like the originals MOH where.

I think it is time for a new one with bf3 type of graphics
    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

No. WW2 shooters are so cliche now. Between MOH and CoD, they've been done to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      No. WW2 shooters are so cliche now. Between MOH and CoD, they've been done to death.
      they have been done a lot but they are fun and i dont think they have been done more that modern shootersespecialy in the last 5 years...
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I wouldn't be against it, I liked the era and the games the era created.

Now there has been a lot, which waters it down. But if someone can make a WWII game, not like any other, more detailed, more realistic, more historic, a better longer story, maybe even make up a character that follows the story of a real life war character.

But not a half-assed game that seems like I'm replaying a WWII game like CoD, Brothers in Arms, MoH,etc.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          I wouldn't be against it, I liked the era and the games the era created.

Now there has been a lot, which waters it down. But if someone can make a WWII game, not like any other, more detailed, more realistic, more historic, a better longer story, maybe even make up a character that follows the story of a real life war character.

But not a half-assed game that seems like I'm replaying a WWII game like CoD, Brothers in Arms, MoH,etc.

Yeh thats exactly what i am looking for a game thats feels like you a re playing band of brothers, something new
          sigpic

Comment

You mean like zombies, alien shoot-em-ups, car racing games, fighting games, post-apocalyptic games, sports games, games based on movies, games with ninjas, etc. etc. etc.

It's all played out man. If someone makes a WWII FPS and it's fun, then I'm all for it.

Hipsters are cliched
            sigpic

Comment

I know Vietnam is a touchy subject... But we need a good Vietnam game.
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                People would probably get pissed, just like they did the Medal of Honor, and another game that was never finished because people bashed the idea.

A company wanted to make a Iraqi war based game.

I think there should be another desert storm game. The one on game cube was the only gamcube game I played.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                  Battlefield made a Nam game, and there is a Nam based DLC for Battlefield BC2.

Black Ops had a "Victor Charlie" level that took place in Nam

Men of Valor was a Nam based game on Xbox back in '04

Conflict Vietnam was released on PS2

Shellshock: Nam '67 was released back in '04, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails is on PS3, 360

Men of Valor was OK, and both of the Battlefield games are awesome while not having story modes necessarily wrapped around Vietnam. The rest of them I'm not real sure about, but basically I think the door has been open on the Vietnam era for video games.

Hell, they've been making Vietnam based games since the 80's. I know for a fact there were a couple Vietnam games on the NES.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    People would probably get pissed, just like they did the Medal of Honor, and another game that was never finished because people bashed the idea.

A company wanted to make a Iraqi war based game.

I think there should be another desert storm game. The one on game cube was the only gamcube game I played.
                    Army of Two takes place in Iraq, CoD 4 does too. And that's the most recent Iraq , not desert storm.

I guess it all depends on how realistic it is. The game you're talking about I think was called "six days in Fallujah" and was going to come out in '09 until Konami pulled out. They scrapped it because it was way too close to the real thing as far as the events, names etc. and used actual soldiers' as characters, and they caught a lot of flack for it.

I think war games based on true events of a war that is still currently going on is too much. Just my opinion.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                      Army of Two takes place in Iraq, CoD 4 does too. And that's the most recent Iraq , not desert storm.

I guess it all depends on how realistic it is. The game you're talking about I think was called "six days in Fallujah" and was going to come out in '09 until Konami pulled out. They scrapped it because it was way too close to the real thing as far as the events, names etc. and used actual soldiers' as characters, and they caught a lot of flack for it.

I think war games based on true events of a war that is still currently going on is too much. Just my opinion.
                      The Modern Warfare series is/was more so of a mix between Russia and middle eastern terrorist, not the Iraq war. Army of Two actually too place in 6 different places, China being the main place. It wasn't based on the war in Iraq, it just had a mission in Iraq where they had to rescue someone.

People don't want games to close to realism of the wars.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

If nothing else, I'd father see a Civil war game. That would be different to some degree. I think the FPS genre is so stale now; it really doesn't matter what they do.

Comment

If nothing else, I'd father see a Civil war game. That would be different to some degree. I think the FPS genre is so stale now; it really doesn't matter what they do.
                          That would be cool but hard to pull off
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                            they have been done a lot but they are fun and i dont think they have been done more that modern shootersespecialy in the last 5 years...
                            Instead of modern and historic FPS, I wish people were creative. Take a game like Killzone which gives off a modern and futuristic feel. Crysis is another one. There are simply too many WW2 shooters out there to keep me interested. Mix things up a bit.

Comment

Instead of modern and historic FPS, I wish people were creative. Take a game like Killzone which gives off a modern and futuristic feel. Crysis is another one. There are simply too many WW2 shooters out there to keep me interested. Mix things up a bit.
                              I agree about creativity its just that i love ww2 history so game about it appeal to me.

But how more creative can the games get ? I mean modern has been done,historic, futuristic horror...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X