Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Anyone playing this game on PC, 360 or PS3? I have it for the PC and I am absolutely loving it. I love the cyberpunk-stuff in it. The game looks great visually and sneaking around during combat is really fun!
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
    sigpic

I just beat it the other day and I absolutely LOVED IT! It reminded me of the first Deus Ex, and I think they definitely improved upon it.

I thought the graphics were great (especially when you get to the Docks at Hensha), and the cover system/FPS was very intuitive. I've just started my second playthrough and I'm committed to not kill anyone this time (last time I already screwed myself by killing the first enemies in the beginning of the game before becoming augmented).

I thought it was pretty difficult at first (because I was trying to be non-lethal with that POS stun gun), mostly because I was playing it like Halo or CoD, but that's not the way to play this game. It's much better to use your augs and sneak than just kick the door in and run and gun.

Overall I loved this game and was not disappointed by the long wait and hype at all.
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
    sigpic

Comment

Just got the game, installed it on my PC but haven't sat down and played it yet. I will soon though, trying to finish up some other games before I do.

I also was looking for a thread about this game last night and was surprised there wasn't one. Looks like that has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
        I just beat it the other day and I absolutely LOVED IT! It reminded me of the first Deus Ex, and I think they definitely improved upon it.

I thought the graphics were great (especially when you get to the Docks at Hensha), and the cover system/FPS was very intuitive. I've just started my second playthrough and I'm committed to not kill anyone this time (last time I already screwed myself by killing the first enemies in the beginning of the game before becoming augmented).

I thought it was pretty difficult at first (because I was trying to be non-lethal with that POS stun gun), mostly because I was playing it like Halo or CoD, but that's not the way to play this game. It's much better to use your augs and sneak than just kick the door in and run and gun.

Overall I loved this game and was not disappointed by the long wait and hype at all.
        I love the Stun Gun. I didn't like the Tranquilizer Rifle, though, and I technically prefer to sneak and stun them from close-range rather than mess around with the gargantuan sniper. I found the controls a bit hard at first, especially when trying to shoot from cover. Spent a couple of hours just messing around with that before I got the hang of it.

Agreed, although I found the Hengsha city to be awesome, in general.

I love hacking and I'm trying to max the majority of that stuff out quickly. I did get both Typhoon upgrades, so that hopefully, I won't struggle with bigger enemies and bosses. I also maxed out the social enhancer pretty early.

The hype for this game is well deserved. The music fits in nicely, and the story is pretty darned cool.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
          Just got the game, installed it on my PC but haven't sat down and played it yet. I will soon though, trying to finish up some other games before I do.

I also was looking for a thread about this game last night and was surprised there wasn't one. Looks like that has changed.
          Sweet, let us know what you think of it.
          sigpic

Comment

This was on deal in the UK (£25!) so I ordered it up today, good to read such good reviews about it!

Comment

Finished the game yesterday. Absolutely amazing game; hope it sets a new standard for games to come. The ending(s) raises good social, political and personal commentaries within the Deus Ex world. Pretty awesometastic.
              sigpic

Comment

Took forever to deliver but played the first mission and ran about Detroit and got pretty engrossed pretty fast! Found the first mission in the plant pretty frustrating, didn't enjoy it a lot, tried to go stealthy but I just ended up in firefights with barely any ammo.

Comment

I just beat this game, I think it's definitely on my all-time favorites list.
                  sigpic

Comment

i went to blockbuster and didnt know what to rent so i got this game.....and i absolutely love it! its a got a good mixture of action and RPG element to it. definitely gonna buy this game

Comment

Working...
                    X