No announcement yet.

MW3 vs BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great reviews so far for MW3. Single player is the same, good story, smooth gameplay, most reviews say the campaign lasts 5-6 hours on a speed run.

Multiplayer is great and addicting, still the best online first person shooter it seems like.

IGN and GameInformer both gave it 9/10

I don't get why people just can't accept that both MW3 and BF3 are great games. It just all comes down to personal preference. I've always been a CoD guy and I'm sure I will love the game when I pick it up later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
      Great reviews so far for MW3. Single player is the same, good story, smooth gameplay, most reviews say the campaign lasts 5-6 hours on a speed run.

Multiplayer is great and addicting, still the best online first person shooter it seems like.

IGN and GameInformer both gave it 9/10

I don't get why people just can't accept that both MW3 and BF3 are great games. It just all comes down to personal preference. I've always been a CoD guy and I'm sure I will love the game when I pick it up later today.
      I pretty much agree with you. They are both great. I think the only reason there is such a debate this year is because they both came out 2 weeks apart. Battlefield doesn't release every year and if I remember correctly Bad Company 2 released at least a month of whatever COD version came out that year.

The problem this year is that with them being 2 weeks apart not everyone can afford to buy both games. (This was my dilemma) Normally I would get both but they were too close together. So I agree in the end it really just comes down to personal preference.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I pretty much agree with you. They are both great. I think the only reason there is such a debate this year is because they both came out 2 weeks apart. Battlefield doesn't release every year and if I remember correctly Bad Company 2 released at least a month of whatever COD version came out that year.

The problem this year is that with them being 2 weeks apart not everyone can afford to buy both games. (This was my dilemma) Normally I would get both but they were too close together. So I agree in the end it really just comes down to personal preference.
        well MW technically comes out every 2 years as well, Bops was a joke and i never played world at war or whatever it was. glad i didnt buy either of them, i stick with MW

this game is really good thoug, my complaint right now is that there are too many UAVs giving up my position since support packages dont reset
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          well MW technically comes out every 2 years as well, Bops was a joke and i never played world at war or whatever it was. glad i didnt buy either of them, i stick with MW

this game is really good thoug, my complaint right now is that there are too many UAVs giving up my position since support packages dont reset
          Actually the COD franchise releases every year. The World War, MW and Black Ops series release two years apart from each other but the COD franchise has been every year since 2005.

COD- 2003
          COD 2- 2005
          COD 3- 2006 (first next gen sytsem)
          COD MW- 2007
          COD World at War- 2008
          COD MW2- 2009
          COD Black Ops- 2010
          COD MW3- 2010.

I've played every version except 1 and now MW3. I do realize that modern warfare, world at war, and black ops are three completely different story modes but I feel like the gameplay has been the same on all of them. Guns are different though obviously. But seeing as how the last 2 were not too far apart in time and weapons I felt they weren't much different. I know some people don't really care for the world war versions but I loved those versions and I would've liked to see another one of those before another Modern warfare. It may have kept me coming back.

Who knows if MW3 goes on sell on Black Friday I may still be getting it soon.
          sigpic

Comment

Actually the COD franchise releases every year. The World War, MW and Black Ops series release two years apart from each other but the COD franchise has been every year since 2005.

COD- 2003
            COD 2- 2005
            COD MW- 2007
            COD World at War- 2008
            COD MW2- 2009
            COD Black Ops- 2010
            COD MW3- 2010.

I've played every version except 1 and now MW3. I do realize that modern warfare, world at war, and black ops are three completely different story modes but I feel like the gameplay has been the same on all of them. Guns are different though obviously. But seeing as how the last 2 were not too far apart in time and weapons I felt they weren't much different. I know some people don't really care for the world war versions but I loved those versions and I would've liked to see another one of those before another Modern warfare. It may have kept me coming back.

Who knows if MW3 goes on sell on Black Friday I may still be getting it soon.
            i know that COD is every year but im saying MW is every 2, and i dont buy the other ones because they are not as fun for me
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

My bad. I just reread your post and saw you said MW comes out every 2 years. I guess really what ruined it for me was Black Ops. That's why I haven't jumped on it yet this year.
              sigpic

Comment

My bad. I just reread your post and saw you said MW comes out every 2 years. I guess really what ruined it for me was Black Ops. That's why I haven't jumped on it yet this year.
                i hated BOps, it was terrible

fun for some COD factor but i made it to lvl 50 and quit, MW2 i think i prestiged 4-5 times and would still be playing (prior to getting MW3) if i didnt trade it in

from the few hours i played MW3 is a lot better, i can see myself playing this game for a long time
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

I've played all the CoDs, they are just not really that fun to me and are just bad games in my opinion. I enjoyed MW2 before the crap players decided to go on a tubing fest.

The only CoD I actually loved was CoD 2. To me Modern Warfare 2 wouldn't have been a bad game, if certain maps like Estate wasn't big. If the mechanics wasn't crappy, if the weapons was more balanced, explosions wasn't so out of whack, and killstreaks wasn't stacked. CoD 4 is beyond overrated, Black Ops was one of the worst shooters to date. World At War was a bigger failure than CoD3.

The only thing that kept Black ops alive was zombies mode.

MW3 just looks and from what I've seen in videos and heard, it's just MW2 with new maps, renamed perks, renamed killstreaks, a few new killstreaks. I'm sorry but for $60, the game needs to not be the same as the one from 2-3 years ago.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I've played all the CoDs, they are just not really that fun to me and are just bad games in my opinion. I enjoyed MW2 before the crap players decided to go on a tubing fest.

The only CoD I actually loved was CoD 2. To me Modern Warfare 2 wouldn't have been a bad game, if certain maps like Estate wasn't big. If the mechanics wasn't crappy, if the weapons was more balanced, explosions wasn't so out of whack, and killstreaks wasn't stacked. CoD 4 is beyond overrated, Black Ops was one of the worst shooters to date. World At War was a bigger failure than CoD3.

The only thing that kept Black ops alive was zombies mode.

MW3 just looks and from what I've seen in videos and heard, it's just MW2 with new maps, renamed perks, renamed killstreaks, a few new killstreaks. I'm sorry but for $60, the game needs to not be the same as the one from 2-3 years ago.
                    i guess a lot of us dont understand what you are looking for from MW3 then

16 new maps, new and more guns, gun attachments, single player, better gameplay, new killstreaks, new spec ops games

basically you just wanted a new engine like BF3 i take it? because from what i played of BF it had about the same guns as 2, and stuff like that

fact of the matter is it is a matter of preference but dont say that BF3 is completely different than BFBC2 other than the new engine. its just like COD
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                      i guess a lot of us dont understand what you are looking for from MW3 then

16 new maps, new and more guns, gun attachments, single player, better gameplay, new killstreaks, new spec ops games

basically you just wanted a new engine like BF3 i take it? because from what i played of BF it had about the same guns as 2, and stuff like that

fact of the matter is it is a matter of preference but dont say that BF3 is completely different than BFBC2 other than the new engine. its just like COD
                      Fact is both game are great and i am stocked i have both of them
                      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• MW3 review just hit the Wall Street Journal. It's a rave review.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/...edium=facebook

Comment

• I predicted people will quit on MW3 in 3-4 months, but it's already happening. A good number of big name "gamers" of Call of Duty, are starting to move back to Modern Warfare 2.

One of the top CoD gamer's called MW3, Black Ops 2.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            I predicted people will quit on MW3 in 3-4 months, but it's already happening. A good number of big name "gamers" of Call of Duty, are starting to move back to Modern Warfare 2.

One of the top CoD gamer's called MW3, Black Ops 2.
                            Thats funny. I was just over at a bro's house yesterday and had my first experience with MW3. I really wasn't that impressed, I'm liking BF3.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              COD 2- 2005
                              CoD2 was released on the Xbox 360.
                              sigpic
                              - ★ -
                              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                                Thats funny. I was just over at a bro's house yesterday and had my first experience with MW3. I really wasn't that impressed, I'm liking BF3.
                                It's just another overrated product.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X