Mortal Kombat fans get their wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat fans get their wish

Not only has New Line Cinema announced that they will reboot the film series, but Kevin Tancharoen will be the one directing them.

You got your wish, fanboys.

Deadline reports that New Line Cinema will reboot the Mortal Kombat film series, and have hired Kevin Tancharoen to direct.

Tancharoen, as you may know, also helmed the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth short film that became a viral video sensation as well as the Mortal Kombat: Legacy web series that it spawned.

Oren Uziel, whose horror mashup script The Kitchen Sink made the industry's highly coveted Black List of unproduced screenplays, has been tapped to script the film. Although its plot is being kept under wraps, The Hollywood Reporter claims, "There is no actor attached and the new story will not serve as an extension of the game or digital series."

Well, are you happy?
    Video in the link.
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/119/1197326p1.html
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

They're also making a Dead Island movie. As for MK, some things are better left alone. The first MK movie was good, the 2nd one sucked. Doesn't really warrant a reboot. And seeing how bad Tekken turned out, they should just leave fighting game movies alone. What would be cool to see is a FPS movie, where the whole movie is shot in first person. That's only been done once, and it was at the end of that crappy Doom movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      They're also making a Dead Island movie. As for MK, some things are better left alone. The first MK movie was good, the 2nd one sucked. Doesn't really warrant a reboot. And seeing how bad Tekken turned out, they should just leave fighting game movies alone. What would be cool to see is a FPS movie, where the whole movie is shot in first person. That's only been done once, and it was at the end of that crappy Doom movie.
      Who knows, shoot that idea to Spielberg, and he might do it for the Halo movie.

I don't know, I think a MK movie would be good if they do it the way the mini series was going, but with better costumes.

Scorpion and Sub Zero looked stupid.

Cyrax and Sektor looked beast.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I have the first 2, the first one was good. The second one sucked, but Sabre from "American Gladiator" was good
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

It's going to be absolutely nothing like the other movies. For those who have never seen this (I saw it about a year ago) this is the short that was made by the director who is going to do the movies. If done right it could be pretty good if done wrong it will be beyond terrible. I have a good feeling about it.

sigpic
          Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
          You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
          You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
          Have It All - Blu3
          Conceited - Blu3
          Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
          All On You - Blu3

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post
            It's going to be absolutely nothing like the other movies. For those who have never seen this (I saw it about a year ago) this is the short that was made by the director who is going to do the movies. If done right it could be pretty good if done wrong it will be beyond terrible. I have a good feeling about it.

It will be a hit or miss
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post

I hadn't seen that before, surprisingly, but if the movie is done similar to that, it could be pretty good.

I like how a few of the characters more or less made themselves into who they eventually become. It's a better concept than just a bunch of freaks randomly appearing without any origin or backstory or anything. The whole 'codename' thing was pretty cool.

I'm interested now.
              sigpic

Comment

i love scorpion . . . im pretty pumped after watching that short
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  i love scorpion . . . im pretty pumped after watching that short
                  Same here, Scorpion is my favorite MK character. It was funny during the show. Very few people outside MK nerds know his story. So kids on youtube was confused during his episode.

This director is believe to be the last chance to make this movie right.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Id pay million Bison Dollars to see this rebooted...

Now go get your shine box

Comment

Lol. Johnny Cage always dies.

Whats a bummer is that my favorite dude probably wont be in this. Ive always been a fan of Nightwolf, and if they do this style I dont see them including him.

And if they do theyll probably get some non-Native actor to play him (ie. Johnny Depp as Tonto).
                      LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                      Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

I liked the original, 2 is the one that needs to be redone. Before I get flamed, no I don't know the backstory, I just loved the first two games
                        Last edited by HUMCALC; 10-05-2011, 02:44 PM.
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                        X