Dell vs. HP for PC gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell vs. HP for PC gaming

So... tell me PC gamers... I'm thinking of saving up for either a Dell or a HP computer because I want a fast computer to play the Old Republic (Star Wars). Really stoked about that game.

What's a better PC for gaming (from your experience). I'm thinking that the Old Republic is going to be a WOW style of game so hopefully it shouldn't take up too much data.

So WOW gamers.. your input is really important here haha. The reason I put this in entertainment was because it's more about the computer for me. I will also be using this computer for college too.
    Dell
    10.00%
    HP
    10.00%
    Other (Please Specify)
    80.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by broncoFan!; 10-06-2011, 11:17 PM. Reason: Edit for specificity
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Build your own... It will be cheaper and probably better.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I'm not a PC gamer, but I'll give my opinion since my uncle makes games and plays PC games.

It's easier and sometimes cheaper to just build you a gaming computer.

But if you want a nice gaming PC without spending the time on building a PC, then buy Alienware. They make their computers mainly for gaming on them.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Brands don't matter. You need to look at the components inside. Make sure they have a standalone video card lots of ram and a fast processor.

Like others said you could build your own. It's a lot cheaper and a lot easier than you'd think.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          Brands don't matter. You need to look at the components inside. Make sure they have a standalone video card lots of ram and a fast processor.

Like others said you could build your own. It's a lot cheaper and a lot easier than you'd think.
          It's possibly the easiest thing I've ever done that I feel like I can brag about its just a matter of learning what parts are compatible with what, and deciding which of those components you want to use.

Newegg.com is a great place to get your components too.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
            It's possibly the easiest thing I've ever done that I feel like I can brag about its just a matter of learning what parts are compatible with what, and deciding which of those components you want to use.

Newegg.com is a great place to get your components too.
            Yeah I built one as a senior project in highschool. I bought my parts from newegg too! It literally took me like 30 minutes maybe less I just remember thinking oh this is going to be hard.

but nope it's like clockwork.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              I'm not a PC gamer, but I'll give my opinion since my uncle makes games and plays PC games.

It's easier and sometimes cheaper to just build you a gaming computer.

But if you want a nice gaming PC without spending the time on building a PC, then buy Alienware. They make their computers mainly for gaming on them.
              this or digital storm.

but yeah, if you can build your own that is always by far the best bang for your buck.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                this or digital storm.

but yeah, if you can build your own that is always by far the best bang for your buck.
                I don't know much about Digital storm but Alien ware is so overpriced.

I know a few people that used.

ibuypower.com

and they've gotten good deals with quality parts.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  I don't know much about Digital storm but Alien ware is so overpriced.

I know a few people that used.

ibuypower.com

and they've gotten good deals with quality parts.
                  they are overpriced but top of the line parts and assembled better than ibuypower. believe me i have dealt with them before and sometimes the computers don't come with the right drivers or there are loose parts inside like screws and whatnot lol

i know not a huge deal but still, i would rather build my own than go through ibuypower.

digital storm is more on par with alienware, maybe a little cheaper though i am not sure, its been a while since i looked at the prices.

Comment

here ya go

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co....asp?id=589604

Comment

awesome for the price of a toyota yaris I can buy a computer.
                      sigpic

Comment

I had a Dell. It was garbage.
                        I now have a HP. It's much better.

I don't do much PC gaming though, but as literally everybody here has said, if that's what you want the machine for then you'd be much much much much much better off building your own. Apparently it's not as hard as you'd think, there are plenty of guides, it will cost you less to buy the parts individually, and it will end up being much more powerful.

Although I've never built one myself I've always wanted to and a few of my friends have and ended up with kick-ass machines.
                        sigpic
                        - ★ -
                        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

I'm a PC Gamer and I have to agree with what has been said here

Not only will it be cheaper to build your own PC but you'll get more for your money
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Build your own.

Comment

I bought a Gateway and rebuilt it after a couple of years. New case, video card, ram expansion, power supply, better fans, tv tuner, etc etc etc
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X