PS3/Blu-Ray help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3/Blu-Ray help

I was wondering if someone more familiar with their PS3 and Blu-Ray could help me (Amari?)

When I play my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Blu-Ray DVD, it will only play a couple minutes and then suddenly the screen gets darker, almost black. I've played other Blu-Ray movies on it and it only happens with the Harry Potter DVD, so I'm wondering if it's either the DVD or I need to adjust my settings somehow when I watch that movie?
    sigpic

I think it is the disk.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

Does the PS3's blu-ray have update firmware that you have to get?

I have an LG blu-ray player and every once in a while a new one won't play right, and sure enough LG has a firmware update I have to get. :shrug:

PS3 probably takes care of that automatically if anything. I'm just not sure what else to do to troubleshoot without having another HP&DH1 disc.

Does it keep playing even though it's really dark?

Edit: also is the audio fine?
      Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 10-10-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        Does the PS3's blu-ray have update firmware that you have to get?

I have an LG blu-ray player and every once in a while a new one won't play right, and sure enough LG has a firmware update I have to get. :shrug:

PS3 probably takes care of that automatically if anything. I'm just not sure what else to do to troubleshoot without having another HP&DH1 disc.

Does it keep playing even though it's really dark?

Edit: also is the audio fine?
        I have no idea to be honest haha

Yes it keeps playing and the audio is perfectly fine. It's weird because I can just restart the disc again and it'll play a few more minutes just fine and then suddenly it gets darker, like someone turned the brightness on the TV down or something.
        sigpic

Comment

Eh... are you using HDMI? Try going into the settings, and change RGB Full to RGB limited.

I'm pretty sure it's not the disk. It sounds like your TV uses auto dim.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            Eh... are you using HDMI? Try going into the settings, and change RGB Full to RGB limited.

I'm pretty sure it's not the disk. It sounds like your TV uses auto dim.
            I thought that, but none of her other BDrs do it.

I have to say bad disk. They shouldn't have a problem with giving you an exchange.

Comment

Hmm then I guess exchange the disk, and if the same problem occurs, it's mostly likely the settings.

Blu rays are far more durable than DVD's, so I'm having a tough time believing it's the disk. It's possible though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not the disk. It sounds like auto dim.
                It was on RGB Limited and I changed it to Full, it still did the auto dim :brick:
                sigpic

Comment

Hmm then I guess exchange the disk, and if the same problem occurs, it's mostly likely the settings.

Blu rays are far more durable than DVD's, so I'm having a tough time believing it's the disk. It's possible though.
                  I tried to google some, and it looks like Harry Potter's have had some bad batches in the past.

Comment

I was hoping it wasn't the disk, I bought it brand new. I got it from Amazon and I got it a while ago so I know I can't exchange it, I'll probably just have to buy a new one. I might rent it first and see if another disk does it, if so it must be something with the movie that my PS3/HDMI/TV doesn't agree with
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay now it just did something weird. It did the auto dim in its usual spot, but now it's back to normal. I wasn't really paying attention to see when it changed back, but starting it back over it played through without going dark, it would always go dark around the same scene
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                        Okay now it just did something weird. It did the auto dim in its usual spot, but now it's back to normal. I wasn't really paying attention to see when it changed back, but starting it back over it played through without going dark, it would always go dark around the same scene

Hooorrraaayyyy technology!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                          Hooorrraaayyyy technology!!!
                          Amen

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try to CP you unless I need to spread it around first (EDIT: I need to spread it around before I can CP you again Amari, sorry )
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X