Episode III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProgMatinee
    I haven't read the Silmarillion yet, but it sounds like material for a TV series or mini-series rather than a full fledged film. Maybe something the Sci-Fi channel can do similar to what they've done with Dune.

Also, there is a SW tv show in the works. Rumor is it is either about Boba Fett or Darth Vader during the period between Ep III and IV.

I'd prefer Boba Fett.
    I can't think of many, but there have been a few reasonably succesful movies over the years that have been a collection of short stories, so maybe The Silmarillion could work, but I know what you mean.

I must admit I hadn't heard the rumour of a SW tv show. I'm not sure how well SW would translate to the small screen. I can still remember seeing the opening scene of EpIV when I was 5, and gasping at the sheer scale of the Imperial Star Destroyer. 20 years later, when the Special Edition was released that scene, which I'd seen countless times on TV produced very similar, although slightly more adult reaction, the precise wording of whichI will leave to the immagination!!
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
      Oh yes, although I'm currently Fireflyless as my stepdad's got it. Just doing my bit for the movie. Roll on Serenity!

Seriously, I'd like to thank all of you guys that recommended Firefly a few months back. I thoroughly enjoyed it

Iv'e had the same problem because I'm loaning out Firefly out to SO many people. So I finally decided to get another set, one for home and one to loan out.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
        Well, Lucas apparently doesn't think he's rich enough yet so he has to make sure he can sell more kiddie merchandise, to which he has all the rights.

I'm just hoping he'll gouge me one more time by releasing the original editions of episodes 4-6 on DVD, even though he supposedly refuses to. I don't need or want all the extra eye candy and would prefer the original, unedited versions.
        I refuse to buy the "Original" Trilogy that just came out on DVD because he changed so much stuff. I'm sure there was stuff that he wished was in there when he first did these movies, but this is what a legion of fans have been weened on when they were just young pups.

There has to be a time when the artist puts down the paintbrush and steps away from the canvas. The Original Trilogy is solid in its original version. For the life of me, I can't understand why Lucas can't see that.

And for the record, I'm not a big fan of the prequels so far. They're decent, but not classics the way the originals were. Visually, they're easy on the eyes, but there is no substance there. Lucas has some serious directorial issues. He should've just been a consultant and let someone like Peter Jackson direct the prequels.

That being said, my ass will still be in my local theatre watching Episode III.
        sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos

There has to be a time when the artist puts down the paintbrush and steps away from the canvas. The Original Trilogy is solid in its original version. For the life of me, I can't understand why Lucas can't see that.

And for the record, I'm not a big fan of the prequels so far. They're decent, but not classics the way the originals were. Visually, they're easy on the eyes, but there is no substance there. Lucas has some serious directorial issues. He should've just been a consultant and let someone like Peter Jackson direct the prequels.

I agree completely.

I got into arguement with someone on a Star Wars board about Episode III vs Serenity and I was saying that it won't surprise me at all if Serenity is a better movie then Episode III. He was like "How can you possibly say that?" Keep in mind that he's never seen Firefly before. My logic was simple, I told him "IMO the pilot (Also called Serenity) to Firefly was better then Episode I and II so it won't surprise me if the feature film is better than Episode III". Of course ticket sales won't reflect this but you get my point. Overall, Episode I and II were really average.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
            You and me both. I'm might complain about how senile Lucas is getting but I'm still forking over my hard-earned cash to that old doofus.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
              I agree completely.

I got into arguement with someone on a Star Wars board about Episode III vs Serenity and I was saying that it won't surprise me at all if Serenity is a better movie then Episode III. He was like "How can you possibly say that?" Keep in mind that he's never seen Firefly before. My logic was simple, I told him "IMO the pilot (Also called Serenity) to Firefly was better then Episode I and II so it won't surprise me if the feature film is better than Episode III". Of course ticket sales won't reflect this but you get my point. Overall, Episode I and II were really average.
              Yep, ticket sales don't necessarily reflect the better film. And I'd agree that Serenity will probably outclass Episode III. Whedon is an up and coming writer/director whereas Lucas is definitely on the downslide. I'm just praying Lucas can pull his head out of his ass long enough to salvage the final Star Wars movie.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
              X