Ps3 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps3 problem

i just downloaded the new update for gt5 but when i want to play it tells me i need 32 MB of space on my hard drive , but when i check in system info it says i have 9138 MB of free space.

Is 32 MB bigger than 9138 MB ?

This is really confusing...
    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

i think it means 32 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver_oner View Post
      i think it means 32 GB.
      well that doesn't make any sense...how could an update take 75 % of the space of the hardrive...?
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

And when it askes me if i want to instal directly on my hdd wich will take 8gb it seems to work but when i choose no thats when it tells me 32mb....???
        sigpic

Comment

32 mb is bigger than 9138 mb

9138 = 9mb (i think lol)

anyway, i had to clear out a crapload of space of games i don't even own anymore, just the other day

cleared out like 70 gigs
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

9138 = 9mb (i think lol)

anyway, i had to clear out a crapload of space of games i don't even own anymore, just the other day

cleared out like 70 gigs
            But how come it lets me install the full 8gb on my hdd (wich i dont want to)

But yeh i will have to delete a lot of stuff for bf3,skyrim,mw3. I mean skyrim alone will probaly be something like 10gb...
            sigpic

Comment

This is why I installed a 500GB HD in my PS3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                This is why I installed a 500GB HD in my PS3

yeh i am really considering buying one especialy considering the fact that i got my ps3 in 2006 and its the 60 Gb and all the great games coming out soon.

How much much for a 500 GB one ?
                sigpic

Comment

i installed a 160gb in my 40gb console.. it was from an old lappy

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                    yeh i am really considering buying one especialy considering the fact that i got my ps3 in 2006 and its the 60 Gb and all the great games coming out soon.

How much much for a 500 GB one ?
                    You can get them for pretty cheap. I think I paid like $40 for mine on ebay a couple years back. If you have an old laptop that's not getting used you can do what 12and4 did and just yank the HD out of there. You don't have to have 500GB. At the time I was putting a lot of downloaded movies and crap on mine but now I just stream stuff to it from my computer instead. You could probably get away with just a 160GB one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, 500gb is overkill for a gaming system right now.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                        Yeah, 500gb is overkill for a gaming system right now.
                        Yeah, I was using it as a media center for a while, but for people just using it for video games 160GB should be plenty.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a 120GB HDD for my PS3 Slim, and that's more than enough. If all you're doing is gaming; you shouldn't need more than 160GB.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

9138 = 9mb (i think lol)

cleared out like 70 gigs
                            No. 9000 KB = 9 MB.

9138 MB > 32 MB

It must be a glitch or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              No. 9000 KB = 9 MB.

9138 MB > 32 MB

It must be a glitch or something.
                              thats what i taught.

An hdd would still be a good idea since i am so close to the limit and skyrim and other huge games are coming out
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X