Which of these games should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
    I have a feeling that BF3 is going to blow MW out of the water in terms of gameplay and graphics.
    The gameplay and graphics for MW3 is that of MW2 with a few small twinks. So depending on you opinion of the gameplay and graphics of MW2, do you really think that looks better than BF3? A game which went gold 2yrs before it even came out.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
      I need your opinion people because right now because of college and other payments like car insurance I only have the money for one of these.

My friend argued Battlefield but I'm not sure...I really want the Star Wars rp game.
      I would say get the one you really want

As for me Battlefield all the way. Arkham City looks great, but it will be on sale in a month. MW3 will be garbage like MW2.
      Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
      Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
      Kyle: Yeah.
      Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
      Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
      Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
      Cartman: Yeah.

Comment

Arkham City was phenomenal, easily one of the best games I've ever played. I mean honestly, how many super hero games can you say that about.

Comment

Let's see.. military shooters #976432 and #976433. Save your money and pass on BF3 and MW3. They're essentially the same type of games, they just appeal to different people, and play a little bit different.

The answer is pretty easy. Get TOR if you're dedicated enough to sit through an MMO, and get Arkham City if you want a good open world game where you play as Batman.

Arkham City actually has high replay value, considering the skins, side quests, and just the fun factor that comes with flying around and beating up thugs as Batman.

BF3 and MW3 offer absolutely nothing spectacular. Batman is far more impressive, and will keep you entertained longer. TOR, even though I'm not that big on MMO's, seems like it will be a good pickup for those who like MMO's.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            Let's see.. military shooters #976432 and #976433. Save your money and pass on BF3 and MW3. They're essentially the same type of games, they just appeal to different people, and play a little bit different.
            So much wrong with this statement....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              So much wrong with this statement....

Sorry, but I'm not seeing where these games are all that different. You're welcome to enlighten me though.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not seeing where these games are all that different. You're welcome to enlighten me though.
                Well for starters bf3 isnt just a shooter its a full on war with every type of vehicule.

As for MW3 maybe more like any other shooter buts its one of the best
                sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Arkham city is great singler player. BF3 isgraet muiltiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 and the new Assasins Creed coming out also . hard choices

after the last call of duty, i think i might be done playing call of duty games. Sucks cuz i was in love since the WW 2 game

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
                    after the last call of duty, i think i might be done playing call of duty games. Sucks cuz i was in love since the WW 2 game
                    Which one? There were four. lol

You know what, if you're really strapped for cash I wouldn't get any of the above and just wait for Skyrim.

@Amari, BF3 and MW3 will be very similar in that they're both modern FPS shooters. So yeah, levels will look the a bit similar, there will be similar weapons, similar controls. But the games themselves play out differently. Hop on Black Ops and then roll on over to BFBC2 and you'll see what I mean. The size of the maps, the way the classes are set out, vehicles, and all the small nuances end up making a lot of difference.

Although it's easy to compare videos and critique them for look same-y, I think you're doing yourself a great disservice if you genuinely think that's an accurate appraisal; unless of course you're a person who isn't a huge fan of FPS shooters and simply don't care about the fine tuning because it all seems to be point-and-shoot. Which is fine too. To each his own.
                    sigpic
                    - ★ -
                    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

On top of that, some of the larger BF3 maps are 10-20 times as large as your average COD map.

Throw in the new awesome suppression mechanics, bullet drop, squads, the varying classes (Medics - health packs, revival, Support - ammo packs, can focus on providing ACTUAL suppressing fire due to the aforementioned suppression mechanics Recon - Portable radars, long range support, Engineers - Vehicle repair, vehicle destruction specialization).

EDIT: Oh and building destruction...

Combine this and you'll find yourself in a situation with an 8 man squad, constantly communicating, jets flying overhead, switching classes to get surface to air missiles while throwing down AT mines to protect the capture point your desperately trying to defend, snipers bearing down on you from surrounding hills while you take cover behind a wall being whittled away by enemy grenades with medics reviving fallen squadmates and you have something that is completely different from CoD.
                      Last edited by Hoserman117; 10-29-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Just this video, your average Caspian Border game, is SOOOO different from CoD.

Comment

Get all of them
                          "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

None of the above (skyrim)

Though regardless Old Republic was a disapointment (I'm in the beta)
                            sigpic

Comment

The answer is pretty easy. Get TOR if you're dedicated enough to sit through an MMO, and get Arkham City if you want a good open world game where you play as Batman.

Arkham City actually has high replay value, considering the skins, side quests, and just the fun factor that comes with flying around and beating up thugs as Batman.

BF3 and MW3 offer absolutely nothing spectacular. Batman is far more impressive, and will keep you entertained longer. TOR, even though I'm not that big on MMO's, seems like it will be a good pickup for those who like MMO's.

Hope that helps.
                              They may entertain "you" longer but that doesn't mean that it will entertain someone who actually enjoys shooters.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                They may entertain "you" longer but that doesn't mean that it will entertain someone who actually enjoys shooters.
                                I love Batman and BF3, but I've already sunk like 18 hours into BF3, and maybe 4-6 in Batman.

Comment

Working...
                                X