No announcement yet.

Which of these games should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batman will only keep you entertained "longer" than Battlefield and/or MW3 if (a) you hate shooters and (b) you're an obsessive completion-freak. Because the main story does not take long to finish at all, even if you do take the time to do a few side-missions and explore along the way. I was very surprised (and a little disappointed) at just how short both Batman games were.
    sigpic
    - ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

MLB the show 12
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
        MLB the show 12
        Oddly the only sports game I've ended up enjoying in the past few years is All Pro Football 2k8. I just can't play Madden anymore. It bores me to no end....
        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
          Batman will only keep you entertained "longer" than Battlefield and/or MW3 if (a) you hate shooters and (b) you're an obsessive completion-freak. Because the main story does not take long to finish at all, even if you do take the time to do a few side-missions and explore along the way. I was very surprised (and a little disappointed) at just how short both Batman games were.
          Which is why I don't buy them. If your game is a single player game, with a short campaign. No reason in spending $60 for it.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Let's see if we can measure how entertained people are with these two games.

Battlefield 3
            Out of 688 ratings (PC) it has a 6.9/10.
            Out of 267 ratings (360) it has a 6.8/10.
            Out of 196 ratings (PS3) it has a 7.1/10.
            Out of 1151 ratings (All platforms), BF3 is only bringing in a mediocre 6.9/10.
            Out of 463 ratings (Just consoles), BF3 is still only at 6.9/10.

Batman: Arkham City
            Out of 244 ratings (360) it has an 8.4/10
            Out of 205 ratings (PS3) it has an 8.1/10
            PC version isn't out yet
            Out of 409 ratings (Both consoles) it has an 8.3/10

And for what it's worth, I'll list the Metascore of each game, which takes the reviews of all critics like GameSpot, IGN, GameInformer, etc and combines them into a percentage.

Battlefield 3- 86.3% (All platforms)
            Battlefield 3- 85% (Consoles only)
            Batman Arkham City- 95.5% (Again, consoles only)

Looking at the console scores only, Batman seems to have given more people enjoyment than Battlefield 3. The PC version comes out in a few weeks, so we'll see how that does.

Although, this is just how critics and gamers RATE the games. We obviously can't accurately measure how much people were "entertained" with these two games, but going by this data, I would say more people are having fun with Batman.

But to the OP's question; now that I think about it, Skyrim might end up being the best choice, if you decide against getting The Old Republic. Out of the one's listed, I'd easily go with Batman.

Comment

Working...
            X