Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amari24
    replied
    Let's see if we can measure how entertained people are with these two games.

Battlefield 3
    Out of 688 ratings (PC) it has a 6.9/10.
    Out of 267 ratings (360) it has a 6.8/10.
    Out of 196 ratings (PS3) it has a 7.1/10.
    Out of 1151 ratings (All platforms), BF3 is only bringing in a mediocre 6.9/10.
    Out of 463 ratings (Just consoles), BF3 is still only at 6.9/10.

Batman: Arkham City
    Out of 244 ratings (360) it has an 8.4/10
    Out of 205 ratings (PS3) it has an 8.1/10
    PC version isn't out yet
    Out of 409 ratings (Both consoles) it has an 8.3/10

And for what it's worth, I'll list the Metascore of each game, which takes the reviews of all critics like GameSpot, IGN, GameInformer, etc and combines them into a percentage.

Battlefield 3- 86.3% (All platforms)
    Battlefield 3- 85% (Consoles only)
    Batman Arkham City- 95.5% (Again, consoles only)

Looking at the console scores only, Batman seems to have given more people enjoyment than Battlefield 3. The PC version comes out in a few weeks, so we'll see how that does.

Although, this is just how critics and gamers RATE the games. We obviously can't accurately measure how much people were "entertained" with these two games, but going by this data, I would say more people are having fun with Batman.

But to the OP's question; now that I think about it, Skyrim might end up being the best choice, if you decide against getting The Old Republic. Out of the one's listed, I'd easily go with Batman.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by sSync View Post
    Batman will only keep you entertained "longer" than Battlefield and/or MW3 if (a) you hate shooters and (b) you're an obsessive completion-freak. Because the main story does not take long to finish at all, even if you do take the time to do a few side-missions and explore along the way. I was very surprised (and a little disappointed) at just how short both Batman games were.
    Which is why I don't buy them. If your game is a single player game, with a short campaign. No reason in spending $60 for it.

Leave a comment:

• broncoFan!
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    MLB the show 12
    Oddly the only sports game I've ended up enjoying in the past few years is All Pro Football 2k8. I just can't play Madden anymore. It bores me to no end....

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    MLB the show 12

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Batman will only keep you entertained "longer" than Battlefield and/or MW3 if (a) you hate shooters and (b) you're an obsessive completion-freak. Because the main story does not take long to finish at all, even if you do take the time to do a few side-missions and explore along the way. I was very surprised (and a little disappointed) at just how short both Batman games were.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    They may entertain "you" longer but that doesn't mean that it will entertain someone who actually enjoys shooters.
    I love Batman and BF3, but I've already sunk like 18 hours into BF3, and maybe 4-6 in Batman.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    Let's see.. military shooters #976432 and #976433. Save your money and pass on BF3 and MW3. They're essentially the same type of games, they just appeal to different people, and play a little bit different.

The answer is pretty easy. Get TOR if you're dedicated enough to sit through an MMO, and get Arkham City if you want a good open world game where you play as Batman.

Arkham City actually has high replay value, considering the skins, side quests, and just the fun factor that comes with flying around and beating up thugs as Batman.

BF3 and MW3 offer absolutely nothing spectacular. Batman is far more impressive, and will keep you entertained longer. TOR, even though I'm not that big on MMO's, seems like it will be a good pickup for those who like MMO's.

Hope that helps.
    They may entertain "you" longer but that doesn't mean that it will entertain someone who actually enjoys shooters.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    None of the above (skyrim)

Though regardless Old Republic was a disapointment (I'm in the beta)

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemac730
    replied
    Get all of them

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied

Just this video, your average Caspian Border game, is SOOOO different from CoD.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Sorry, but I'm not seeing where these games are all that different. You're welcome to enlighten me though.

On top of that, some of the larger BF3 maps are 10-20 times as large as your average COD map.

Throw in the new awesome suppression mechanics, bullet drop, squads, the varying classes (Medics - health packs, revival, Support - ammo packs, can focus on providing ACTUAL suppressing fire due to the aforementioned suppression mechanics Recon - Portable radars, long range support, Engineers - Vehicle repair, vehicle destruction specialization).

EDIT: Oh and building destruction...

Combine this and you'll find yourself in a situation with an 8 man squad, constantly communicating, jets flying overhead, switching classes to get surface to air missiles while throwing down AT mines to protect the capture point your desperately trying to defend, snipers bearing down on you from surrounding hills while you take cover behind a wall being whittled away by enemy grenades with medics reviving fallen squadmates and you have something that is completely different from CoD.
    Last edited by Hoserman117; 10-29-2011, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    after the last call of duty, i think i might be done playing call of duty games. Sucks cuz i was in love since the WW 2 game
    Which one? There were four. lol

You know what, if you're really strapped for cash I wouldn't get any of the above and just wait for Skyrim.

@Amari, BF3 and MW3 will be very similar in that they're both modern FPS shooters. So yeah, levels will look the a bit similar, there will be similar weapons, similar controls. But the games themselves play out differently. Hop on Black Ops and then roll on over to BFBC2 and you'll see what I mean. The size of the maps, the way the classes are set out, vehicles, and all the small nuances end up making a lot of difference.

Although it's easy to compare videos and critique them for look same-y, I think you're doing yourself a great disservice if you genuinely think that's an accurate appraisal; unless of course you're a person who isn't a huge fan of FPS shooters and simply don't care about the fine tuning because it all seems to be point-and-shoot. Which is fine too. To each his own.

Leave a comment:

• vLordChronicv
    replied
    Arkham city is great singler player. BF3 isgraet muiltiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 and the new Assasins Creed coming out also . hard choices

after the last call of duty, i think i might be done playing call of duty games. Sucks cuz i was in love since the WW 2 game

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied

Sorry, but I'm not seeing where these games are all that different. You're welcome to enlighten me though.
    Well for starters bf3 isnt just a shooter its a full on war with every type of vehicule.

As for MW3 maybe more like any other shooter buts its one of the best

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    So much wrong with this statement....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X