Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna is this years Super Bowl Half Time Show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy
    replied
    I really didnt dig the half time show but that was just me..

I do enjoy MIA really enjoyed her last album... and as was stated anyone who signed her up to perform should have expected something... or they didnt do their homework

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by aberdien View Post
    MIA is awesome and anybody who disagrees is wrong!

She's ultra political and is known to create controversy, so whoever booked her should not have been surprised at the results.

I honestly didn't even notice her flip off the camera. And I don't think it really is a big deal anyway. It didn't last that long, and i'd be surprised if anybody over the age of five hasn't given somebody the finger, whether it be in jest or on accident or whatever. Should she have done it? No. But so what? At least she didn't show us her nips.

I would argue that MIA is one of the last true punk artists out there. Punks cause controversy. That's what they do.
    I agree, I don't really listen to her music, but I like her personality and style towards her music.

Stephen A. gave a more noticeable bird, and nobody talked about it.

If I was the NFL I wouldn't have said sorry, it's just the bird, and they new what they was getting when they booked her.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    MIA is awesome and anybody who disagrees is wrong!

She's ultra political and is known to create controversy, so whoever booked her should not have been surprised at the results.

I honestly didn't even notice her flip off the camera. And I don't think it really is a big deal anyway. It didn't last that long, and i'd be surprised if anybody over the age of five hasn't given somebody the finger, whether it be in jest or on accident or whatever. Should she have done it? No. But so what? At least she didn't show us her nips.

I would argue that MIA is one of the last true punk artists out there. Punks cause controversy. That's what they do.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    If the Foo Fighters don't top the list for next year's show, someone needs to be fired. I didn't mind Madonna at all, but it just didn't have that oomph that a rock band could deliver. When I saw the middle finger and heard the curse word, I thought they were going to go to commercial immediately. I heard that only a few cities got to see it happen though. Most cities used their edit button and went to black for a second. Next year better be good, they are starting to run out of classic performers.
    I second this.

The Foos would absolutely rock. No big production, just rock out.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I can't believe that "mia" thing decided to flip the crowd off.
    Mia is known to do stuff like that, don't let her get to you.

She tries to pass the idea that she's a bad(insert word).

She's actually a well known artist, one of her more recent songs was that Paper Planes song.

But like I said, she does stuff like this all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    If the Foo Fighters don't top the list for next year's show, someone needs to be fired. I didn't mind Madonna at all, but it just didn't have that oomph that a rock band could deliver. When I saw the middle finger and heard the curse word, I thought they were going to go to commercial immediately. I heard that only a few cities got to see it happen though. Most cities used their edit button and went to black for a second. Next year better be good, they are starting to run out of classic performers.

Leave a comment:

• Andyy_47
    replied
    Didn't like any of it and I'm extremely tolerant of music, I always take entertainment and stuff into account but I thought it was pretty terrible! I do prefer the "featuring Madonna" concept as opposed to just a 20 minute concert, it was pretty cool, like a show. That's about all though.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Ceelo was definitely the best out of the 3 "other" singers.

MIA, you're right no one knows who she is. But come on NBC you can do a better job at booking talent.

And nicki minaj is just weird and annoying.

I think the really missed on the two female singers because Madonna and ceelo were pretty decent.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Well still. Honestly I didn't even know who she was before this. And its the big game, is it really necessary to throw out a big f you?
    See? No one even knew who she was. That's exactly why she did it.

I liked the big dude. Cee Lo. Not because he flipped anyone off either, but because that dude could siiiiing!

So now I'm checkin' his music out a bit.

I was completely apathetic about MIA's performance, and now that I know about the flipping off thing, I'm even less impressed.

Still, no one was looking at her. They were looking at Madonna, and rightly so. She's the star. The single greatest female singer and songwriter in the history of the world.

MIA? I didn't even realize she was there.

I liked the big dude though.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Well still. Honestly I didn't even know who she was before this. And its the big game, is it really necessary to throw out a big f you?

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    I didn't even notice it, nor do I think it merits attention. It's just someone trying to stunt their way for some free press. "Don't feed the troll."

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    I thought she sounded fantastic. Last year's show was horrible. The sound was way off.

She can still dance, still sounds about the same, the music was good, and I even got some of the covert themes that were presented in the performance.

I thought it was one of the best halftime shows in years.

Edit: I just surfed the web for whatever the Hell kind of news this is. She's getting pretty high marks from whoever it is that judges such things, and of course in comparison to other Super Bowl shows of recent memory, she's scoring really well.
    Last edited by Alastor; 02-06-2012, 06:56 AM. Reason: Update

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    The show wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

It sucked up until more singers like CeLo Green came in, and it was far better than the Black Eye Peas whom apparently suck live.

Leave a comment:

• Pistachia
    replied
    You might not be a Madonna fan, and she didn't do anything earth shattering, but I thought it was a solid act. A big improvement over last year -- at least the sound was good this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X