What's the saddest music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the saddest music....

What does everyone think is the most melancholy music, be it just one song or a particular band or whatever? Personally, Sigur Ros is almost impossible to listen to without feeling like crying. If you've never heard them, they kind of a mellowish ambient rock. Their music is beautiful but as I mentioned it can be quite blue, it kinda sounds like what I imagine would be playing as you walk though the gates of Heaven. That and there's a song by Mogwai called "Sine Wave" that could make even the stablest of people almost instantly suicidal.

Originally posted by caveatemptor
    What does everyone think is the most melancholy music, be it just one song or a particular band or whatever? Personally, Sigur Ros is almost impossible to listen to without feeling like crying. If you've never heard them, they kind of a mellowish ambient rock. Their music is beautiful but as I mentioned it can be quite blue, it kinda sounds like what I imagine would be playing as you walk though the gates of Heaven. That and there's a song by Mogwai called "Sine Wave" that could make even the stablest of people almost instantly suicidal.
    evanescence

Comment

Social Distortion....

as Mike Ness(lead singer) once said. "You wanna hear a happy song? Well, we ain't got no happy songs."
      "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by caveatemptor
        A Texan listening to Sigur Ros hehe.

Give http://www.antimatter.tk/ and www.windermere.dk a go.

Comment

I mentioned this in a thread about this earlier, but "Trouble" by Coldplay is pretty damn depressing. When you start to hear that piano, you just think about everything in your life that sucks or hasn't gone your way. It just seems like a hopeless feeling sweeps over you. When I hear this song, I put my head down, close my eyes, and try not to cry.
          sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Fell on Black Days - Soundgarden. Very depressing song.

Whatsoever I've feared has come to life
            Whatsoever I've fought off became my life
            Just when everyday seemed to greet me with a smile
            Sunspots have faded
            And now I'm doing time
            Cause I fell on black days

Whomsoever I've cured I've sickened now
            Whomsoever I've cradled I've put you down
            I'm a search light soul they say
            But I can't see it in the night
            I'm only faking when I get it right
            Cause I fell on black days
            How would I know
            That this could be my fate

So what you wanted to see good has made you blind
            And what you wanted to be yours has made it mine
            So don't you lock up something that you wanted to see fly
            Hands are for shaking
            No, not tying
            No, not tying

I sure don't mind a change
            But I fell on black days
            How would I know
            That this could be my fate

Comment

Soundgarden, Evanescence and Coldplay for saddest music?

Try Joy Division, Nick Drake or early The Cure.

(or early Paradise Lost, Anathema and mentioned Antimatter, but you probably haven't a chance to know about them)

Comment

Elliot Smith

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

This is tough...Not sure really.

Some of the songs from the Titanic soundtrack are sad...and Braveheart. You can really find a lot of sad music in soundtracks...like the songs at the end of each Lord of the Rings ...except I think the last one is suppose to be happy...

As for others...I dunno...there are too many.

Every band has a sad song.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                  X