• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    QUESTION:
    Charlize in her skin tight space suit in this
    Scarlett in her skin tight outfit in The Avengers
    Or Anne in her skin tight outfit in The Dark Knight Rises
    ScarJo hands down...

also I want to correct my previous post. Theron wasn't the captain. The black guy was the captain, which I knew, so I dunno why i put that. Theron says in the movie that: "my job is to make sure you all do yours" so basically her whole point of existence in the movie is to be a representative of Weyland Corp (more specifically her dad since he was also on the ship) to make sure the people they hired did as they were instructed.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• Anyone seen the deleted scenes on Youtube? Made the ending of the movie a lot more clear. I wonder why Ridley left those scenes out, they make the movie better.

Are those scenes including in the DVD/Blu Ray version?

I was disappointed with the movie before the ending lacked any form of clarity but after seeing these scenes, I'm interested in the sequel. Now my only disappointment is Scott(one of my favorites) not including the scenes in the final film. You'd think he'd know having them in would've been better than not.

I heard someone say he only kept them out for time reasons.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I know I'm posting this late, but I didn't hear about it till today.

H.R. Giger died last month. Wanted to give him a shout out for his contributions to not only Alien and it's offspring films but to the genre as a whole. His art has influenced so much since the masterpiece Alien first premiered.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/14/ar...ture.html?_r=0

Also on a side note - we can expect what looks to be a promising Video Game in October. It's called Alien: Isolation.
        http://www.alienisolation.com/en_gb/

Lastly, this link is related to the next Prometheus/Alien film. It appears to post news and upcoming related subjects
        http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• I have what I think is bad news folks.

I have to say I'm disappointed with Ridley Scott if this is true. What he's claiming is that 'his' "Prometheus II will not have Xenomorphs" ...

... no Aliens?

http://screenrant.com/prometheus-2-s...ien-xenomorph/

How could you possibly do such a thing? He's either making this decision out of fear of not being able to live up to what he's done in the past ...... or heck I don't know - I'm just trying to make sense of it. And I cannot.

I'm already less than content with Prometheus and hoped his sequel might tie it all up real nice-like. But I have a feeling he's flaking out on it.

And NOW......

From what I've read, Neil Blomkamp (director of District 9) and Sigourney Weaver (Original Ripley of Alien) are going to team up for an Alien Sequel with a different production company. This further supports my skepticism of Scott's vision of the Prometheus films. It looks like he's working on a movie called The Martian starring Matt Damon and then he's going to work on Blade Runner II......THEN he's going to think about Prometheus 2. So, it'll be a while before we even get to see what in the hell he has in mind. Sorry if I sound angry but maybe I wont be.

Either way, maybe Neil Blomkamp and Weaver can save the day and give us fans what we all want. A true to it's DNA.... and Alien movie.

Comment

• Isn't it possible that it's a played out story line though?

I like the movies but there have been so many. Isn't it possible that Ridley Scott is past ready to move on? Instead of him being so called scared to not live up to expectations?
            sigpic

Comment

• Anything is possible

But why would he take the job if the story was played out? He said himself that he's looking forward to doing the sequel, so he's got something to say. I just don't understand how it's going to finish the Alien movies with no aliens

Comment

• Let's first assume that Scott Free Productions will continue to make Prometheus films. If that's the case then it was decided by Ridley and Co. right from the get-go that it was going to be a trilogy. He had already come out after the release of Prometheus to say that the trilogy would not tie into the original Alien film until the third installment, if at all.

There really is no need to have xenomorphs in a film that is supposed to be set long before the events of Alien. Since we've seen some sort of ancestor of said creature at the end of Prometheus, it might be logical to assume the creatures we see in Alien have not yet been created or "evolved" into that specific creature yet.

Ridley also through out a way abstract idea that one of the subsequent Prometheus installments would discuss why the Engineers dislike humans and the reasoning? Jesus Christ was an Engineer, whom they sent to Earth to teach humans was then betrayed and murdered by them, so the Engineers hold them responsible and deem them hostile to their own kind. Yes, this was an actual story idea from Ridley himself. I for one am okay with it because I think it's hilarious and I wonder how that would play out but the point is, there were going to be three films so the absence of xenomorphs from the second installment is perfectly fine.

I feel like if anyone should be given the opportunity to continue the Alien franchise and universe, it ought to be Ridley and since we feel like the story and the situation has already been played out so much I think what Blomkamp is trying to do is a mistake. It has been hard enough for directors to come in and continue to keep the franchise relevant and legitimate. Fincher is a fantastic director and Alien 3 fell short. Juenet was completely out of his element and failed miserably with Alien: Resurrection. People are even upset with Ridley for apparently ruining his own creation. So I have little hope that Blomkamp will be able to make anything worthy enough that won't just end up looking like a District 9/Elysium/Chappie sequel.
                Last edited by RealBronco; 03-03-2015, 02:40 AM.
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                X