• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow to host SNL?

Tim Tebow To Host Saturday Night Live?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:34 am

Written by: Ben Maller

Having supplanted Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as the NFL's most-discussed player, Tim Tebow could soon follow the pigskin legends onto the hallowed stages of America's most popular late-night television sketch comedy show.

Saturday Night Live producers want Tebow to host the popular NBC show, according to HollywoodLife.com. The site reports that a source close to SNL says producers want the Broncos quarterback to be featured as soon as football season is over.

"SNL realizes it would be huge ratings and they are hoping he will say yes," HollywoodLife's source said. "Tim just can’t and won’t be able to do it while the season is still in play."

If Tebow accepts, it's a safe bet he wasn't all that offended by Saturday Night Live's sketch last weekend, which poked fun at his strong religious beliefs. Members of the Christian Right ripped the program for having Jason Sudeikis dress up as Jesus and enter the Broncos locker room to take credit for the team's recent success.

Tebow himself can take some credit for the success of 60 Minutes, which picked up big ratings over the weekend. With the Tebow-led Broncos loss to the Patriots drawing nearly 30 million viewers, the CBS News magazine program drew 18.5 million watchers -- its best Nielsen rating in almost two years, the USA Today reports.

Tebow has a great sense of humor ..Id love to see him as "the church lady 2.0"

Stories previously said that he'd turned it down over the offseason already.

Comment

Thanks for the post. Re-read post. Understand now. It mentions members of the Christian Right. Is that a general comment or an actual group? Some writers make a lot of assumptions and like to lump people together. I'm Christian and was not offended. It just wasn't a good skit, which is to say it was on par for the show.

I think it would be a good skit to bring back Carvey for the Church Chat skit where all of "her" epithets at Tebow will be immediately withdrawn as he is infallible, to the dismay of Church Lady. She's met her match.

As far as being offended by anything Tim seems to be one of those guys who is beyond wasting energy on that emotion.
      Last edited by on2; 12-21-2011, 03:17 PM.
      Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

^^ Yep, there was an article saying he already turned them down, as well as numerous other things. Also, in the article I posted this morning, he didn't sound too enthusiastic about the whole SNL thing.

Comment

I didn't think this was something Tim would like to do. I just don't get the impression that irreverent humor is his thing.
          People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

I can't see him doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
              I can't see him doing it.
              Unless he somehow turns it into a fundraiser/charity thing... Maybe a portion of the shows money goes to his foundation or something. If they really want him that will have to be the play.

Comment

Originally posted by Southtown View Post
                ^^ Yep, there was an article saying he already turned them down, as well as numerous other things. Also, in the article I posted this morning, he didn't sound too enthusiastic about the whole SNL thing.
                I missed that. What did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by Southtown View Post
                  Aww sorry I havent been on to much..my boss has gotten this crazy idea that I should work lately ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
                    Aww sorry I havent been on to much..my boss has gotten this crazy idea that I should work lately ;-)
                    Crazy talk!

Doesn't he know there is a playoff race going on, and that we need to be at the top of our game!?

Comment

Abby & Stuck, here is the (long) article from earlier: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=203239

Towards the bottom is a line in there where he mentions SNL skits. It's not like he is overtly dismissing it, just doesn't seem too important to him was the impression I got from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Potzer01 View Post
                        Crazy talk!

Doesn't he know there is a playoff race going on, and that we need to be at the top of our game!?
                        Its a she and she doesnt like football...I didnt know such people existed

Comment

Doesn't like football??? Did she land on earth in Area 51?

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
                            Tim Tebow To Host Saturday Night Live?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:34 am

Written by: Ben Maller

Having supplanted Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as the NFL's most-discussed player, Tim Tebow could soon follow the pigskin legends onto the hallowed stages of America's most popular late-night television sketch comedy show.

Saturday Night Live producers want Tebow to host the popular NBC show, according to HollywoodLife.com. The site reports that a source close to SNL says producers want the Broncos quarterback to be featured as soon as football season is over.

"SNL realizes it would be huge ratings and they are hoping he will say yes," HollywoodLife's source said. "Tim just can’t and won’t be able to do it while the season is still in play."

If Tebow accepts, it's a safe bet he wasn't all that offended by Saturday Night Live's sketch last weekend, which poked fun at his strong religious beliefs. Members of the Christian Right ripped the program for having Jason Sudeikis dress up as Jesus and enter the Broncos locker room to take credit for the team's recent success.

Tebow himself can take some credit for the success of 60 Minutes, which picked up big ratings over the weekend. With the Tebow-led Broncos loss to the Patriots drawing nearly 30 million viewers, the CBS News magazine program drew 18.5 million watchers -- its best Nielsen rating in almost two years, the USA Today reports.

Tebow has a great sense of humor ..Id love to see him as "the church lady 2.0"
                            As much as I would love to watch Tebow Host SNL, I really think he should just stay away from it. I am just worried that Tebow will get himself into something or do something that will just make people upset. Also there are people waiting for him to mess up and put him on the front page of magazine talking bad about the guy.
                            I will always be a Bronco fan--->

But my Heart is with the UK Wildcats-->

Comment

I think it would be funny if Tim accepted, but only with the caveat that SNL include his 52 teammates in the skits.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X