The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Did anybody go and see it in the theater?

I thought it was amazing and I bought the book trilogy after seeing it.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

you can watch the whole trilogy (or is there four now?) on Netflix if you're willing to watch the better, foreign versions.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
      you can watch the whole trilogy (or is there four now?) on Netflix if you're willing to watch the better, foreign versions.
      Correction.

You mean the INFERIOR foreign versions.

I watched the Swedish version of it after I went to the theater. That version may as well be a made-for-TV version.

This version is better coreographed, has far superior acting, is darker, and was more entertaining to me, the soundtrack is amazing as well.

Comment

Going this week.. Heard a lot of good things.. can't wait

Comment

I saw it and I thought it was great

It started off a little boring and it really took some time for it to develop but man when it got good, it was fantastic. I hear the book is the same.

Rooney Mara did an excellent job
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Not going to lie...thought the title of movie sounded dumb so I paid it no attention. Maybe I'll go check it out with the wife.

Thx,
            Joe
            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

I agree HavoK, Mara was outstanding. Entire movie had amazing acting by the cast. She stood out the most. i want to see it again! Will have to go again. Definately buying the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                I agree HavoK, Mara was outstanding. Entire movie had amazing acting by the cast. She stood out the most. i want to see it again! Will have to go again. Definately buying the DVD.
                You are hyping it up pretty good charlie.. I better not be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                  You are hyping it up pretty good charlie.. I better not be disappointed

The movie is really good. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The movie starts a little slow as I said earlier, but like HavoK said, when it gets going it really gets going and is great.

The movie has been getting a lot of flack because the Swedish adaptation was made only 2 years ago. But, that film features (then) relately unknown actors with a small budget. The Swedish adaptation was well done given those limitations. I watched it, but there are some things that it lacked. This movie has a well known director, top notch acting and is well choreographed. Much of the "anger" directed at this movie seems (in my opinion) to be from fanboys who simply do not want a different adaptation to be made because they fear that it will diminish the Swedish adaptation.

It won't dimish it. In fact, this film will introduce the Millenium series to a wider audience than before. American audiences (in general) do not flock to view foreign films. This adaptation has already made more in a week than the Swedish version made during its entire time in America.

Right now much ado is being made about a "depressing opening week" for the movie. That it was "beat out by the Chipmunks movie". That is merely because families have been shown to go to more family friendly shows around the Christmas holidays.

An R rated movie with two graphic depictions of rape is not the sort of movie that one would take their 10 year olds to go and see. After the New Year, I suspect that this movie will improve in its viewing. It is currently not a wide release and is only showing in approximately 2700 theaters (from what I read on Rottentomatoes and other movie sites) while the other films are being shown in over 3700 theaters. This film also hasn't been released in the overseas markets yet either, given how well the Swedish Adaptation did this adaptation may do quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                    Correction.

You mean the INFERIOR foreign versions.

I watched the Swedish version of it after I went to the theater. That version may as well be a made-for-TV version.

This version is better coreographed, has far superior acting, is darker, and was more entertaining to me, the soundtrack is amazing as well.
                    I just find it hilarious that Hollywood feels the need to remake every foreign film that seems to pick up any sort of interest across the pond etc.

I'm not saying I won't check out our version since it was directed by Fincher, but I already saw it... so i'm in no hurry.

and if by darker you mean they showed way more and elaborated way more on some of the more disturbing scenes and images... then... i'm actually surprised. Hollywood seems to be afraid to do anything like that unless it's some horrible excuse for a film like Hostel.

anyway, the Swedish version is very good...actually. You may or may not be right about the American version being better, but I wouldn't say the original isn't good. Also you probably should've watched them first.

*EDIT*

typed this before i saw your most recent post. must've been writing them at similar times. so you actually did like the original? that's a plus.

as i said before, i think it probably depends on which one you watch first. we'll have to wait and see what my take is on it... i may like it better than the Swedish version, i may not. then again, i watched the Swedish version probably a year ago or more so i don't remember a lot of it.

but for those who don't want to wait for America to catch up, they can watch all of them on Netflix, which is what i'm saying. i never got around to the other two since i got rid of Netflix, but the first one was really good. that's all i'm saying.
                    Last edited by RealBronco; 12-27-2011, 11:33 PM.
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I hope everyone realizes that this is not a remake. It is David Finchers (and his writers) version of the BOOK.

Anyways, I thought it was awesome. Both the American and Swedish versions are very good films, however, I would say the American version out does it in almost every aspect. ( Still thought the Swedish version was great). Both Mara and Noomi were GREAT as Salander.

And I must admit, that I strangely find them both attractive in the movies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Read the book but I'll prolly just catch it on video when it comes out.

Comment

I watched it. It was really good.

I won't read the books, don't have any interest in doing that.

I did however watch the Swedish version, because someone told me they were much better.

I liked majority of the Swedish one better, the American one adds a lot of hollywood obviously. I liked em both.
                          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Swedish film versions of Stieg Larsson's books: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Didn't really care much for it. 'Mænd der hader kvinder' was slightly better, albeit inadequate in several aspects.

Mænd der hader kvinder (Men Who Hate Women): 6.2/10
                              The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: 5.7/10
                              Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X