Red Tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Tails

im debating weather to go see this or wait till the DVD comes out. its a remake of the Tuskegee Airmen flick (1995) which of couse is a true story. this one more high tech

>
    official lucasfilm site. lot more on it here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RedTails...20gooding%20jr

Looks epic !
    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Lucas has been working on this movie since 1988

Can't wait to see it

The Tuskegee Airmen are a fantastic story that people should know
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
        Lucas has been working on this movie since 1988

Can't wait to see it

The Tuskegee Airmen are a fantastic story that people should know
        What scares me about this isn't the story. You're right. Everyone needs to know this story, as well as the 442nd Infantry Story (Japanese Americans in WWII).

What scares me about this movie is that it's Hollywood's version of it. It's so strange, but it seems like stories are great, but then become mediocre when Hollywood gets a hold of them.

Comment

who said anything about Hollywood???

Hollywood Refuses to Back Red Tails Saying “We’ll never make our money back on an all BLACK action movie” !

George Lucas called in to the Tom Joyner Morning Show this a.m. to talk about his latest movie, Red Tails. Despite Lucas’s track record as a filmmaker (Star Wars), most studios flat out turned him down, which forced him to finance the bulk of the movie himself (over $50 million). The studios refused backing the project saying they didnt know how to promote an all black action film, and they would never make their money ($35 million) back investing in an all black action flick.

Lucas then teamed up with Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey to have this epic film released. So support this movie and the effort and show Hollywood how very wrong they are.
          source

Comment

Originally posted by kcvet View Post
            who said anything about Hollywood???

Hollywood Refuses to Back Red Tails Saying “We’ll never make our money back on an all BLACK action movie” !

source
            Well...

A) George Lucas is a big part of Hollywood. Say what you want about studios not backing it, someone's backing it to have it released in so many theatres nation-wide.

B ) Why wouldn't Hollywood fund this? A so-called "black action movie" has plenty of appeal. That's ridiculous. Black cinema makes a lot of money. that's why they keep doing it.

I think a bigger drawback is its historical setting. Most Americans don't have much of a sense of history. I blame schools for the lies they teach about our history. When you water things down and dumb it down, it loses quite a bit of its power, but that's for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
              Well...

A) George Lucas is a big part of Hollywood. Say what you want about studios not backing it, someone's backing it to have it released in so many theatres nation-wide.

B ) Why wouldn't Hollywood fund this? A so-called "black action movie" has plenty of appeal. That's ridiculous. Black cinema makes a lot of money. that's why they keep doing it.

I think a bigger drawback is its historical setting. Most Americans don't have much of a sense of history. I blame schools for the lies they teach about our history. When you water things down and dumb it down, it loses quite a bit of its power, but that's for another thread.
              it appears Perry and Winfrey are throwing their support and $$$ to help make it. they're all hoping for sucess here to show Hollywood up. I wish them sucess.
              like the link said Hollywood is afraid they won't get their $$$ recovered. go figure. I assume they did the first one in 95.
              a pal of mine and I are going to see it next week

Comment

Eh I heard the story would be decent if the action wasnt so comic booky. Id prefer a saving private ryan movie over an iron man type movie for this.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                  Eh I heard the story would be decent if the action wasnt so comic booky. Id prefer a saving private ryan movie over an iron man type movie for this.
                  makes ya wonder who was flying those P-51's

Comment

makes ya wonder who was flying those P-51's

What does that have to do with anything?
                    sigpic

Comment

looks like a cross between an airfight movie and stomp the yard

stupid, the story has terrible reviews
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

it appears Perry and Winfrey are throwing their support and $$$ to help make it. they're all hoping for sucess here to show Hollywood up. I wish them sucess.
                        like the link said Hollywood is afraid they won't get their $$$ recovered. go figure. I assume they did the first one in 95.
                        a pal of mine and I are going to see it next week
                        The first one was a "made for HBO" movie wasn't it?

It wasn't released in theaters I don't believe. Or am I wrong on that?

Because that could explain why it didn't make as much money. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          looks like a cross between an airfight movie and stomp the yard

stupid, the story has terrible reviews
                          It wasn't the story that I had issues with... More the acting wasn't that great for the majority of the movie
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Working...
                          X