Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6

ZOMBIES are back!!! Resident Evil 6 was announced today along with a trailer. You get to play as 3 characters including Leon and Chris both have different stories. Leon is battling a T-Virus outbreak in a small town in the US and Chris is on a mission in China.Plus a new character whose doing something else. Sounds super awesome!! It has a release date set for Nov 20th 2012. RE is one of my favorite videogame franchises and it makes me really happy that RE is going back to its roots!
    Now go get your shine box

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    ZOMBIES are back!!! Resident Evil 6 was announced today along with a trailer. You get to play as 3 characters including Leon and Chris both have different stories. Leon is battling a T-Virus outbreak in a small town in the US and Chris is on a mission in China.Plus a new character whose doing something else. Sounds super awesome!! It has a release date set for Nov 20th 2012. RE is one of my favorite videogame franchises and it makes me really happy that RE is going back to its roots!
    yeah i saw the trailer to that it looks badass glad you can play leon and chris cant wait

Comment

I just hope capcom doesn't toy with our hearts.

I remember when they kept delaying the RE5 release date. BTW RE5 was a total disappointment.

Comment

Love the return of zombies. Also my be plagas as well since someone was shooting at Chris. Hopefully co-op returns as well, thats what made 5 enjoyable.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I remember when they kept delaying the RE5 release date. BTW RE5 was a total disappointment.
          My god did Resident Evil 5 suck. It wasn't scary and it played too much like a 3rd person shooter. Hopefully with zombies back it'll change the atmosphere a bit. Great to see Leon back too; he's definitely my favorite character. I was kind of hoping Carlos would make it in because he hasn't been in anything since Resident Evil 3. But as long as Leon is in I'm happy.

I wonder if there's a connection with the new character and the guy you see rescue Leon at the end of the Resident Evil: Damnation trailer. Capcom still hasn't said who that guy was.

Comment

yeah RE5 was fun but it definitely wasnt great for me Co-Op is what made it enjoyable

hopefully in RE6 Leon and Chris somehow cross paths and you get to have a rad tad team of Leon and Chris :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              My god did Resident Evil 5 suck. It wasn't scary and it played too much like a 3rd person shooter. Hopefully with zombies back it'll change the atmosphere a bit. Great to see Leon back too; he's definitely my favorite character. I was kind of hoping Carlos would make it in because he hasn't been in anything since Resident Evil 3. But as long as Leon is in I'm happy.

I wonder if there's a connection with the new character and the guy you see rescue Leon at the end of the Resident Evil: Damnation trailer. Capcom still hasn't said who that guy was.
              RE5 just didn't feel like resident evil. It wasn't bad, but it was a real let down. looks like capcom has decided to give us the best of both worlds. Leons story is more horror based and chris's story is action packed. The one thing that has me a little worried is how they will balance out the multiple story lines.

Comment

RE5 just didn't feel like resident evil. It wasn't bad, but it was a real let down. looks like capcom has decided to give us the best of both worlds. Leons story is more horror based and chris's story is action packed. The one thing that has me a little worried is how they will balance out the multiple story lines.
                You're right about that. It was basically like playing Gears of War, which I can't stand. Nothing about it felt like Resident Evil -- and I'm still a little surprised that they steered even closer to that route with Operation Raccoon City. Have you seen the gameplay? It's defines '3rd person shooter' to the maximum. There's absolutely no horror involved; you're in a squad of 4 people in you shoot zombies and other soldiers.

That's why I was losing some faith in Resident Evil 6, until they showed the trailer. Looks incredible. I think I'm going to pre-order next time I go to GameStop.

Comment

Resident Evil had it's time and place with me, but I am totally sick of zombies. The market is flooded with zombie games or games with zombie DLC. For that reason, I wasn't excited at all upon hearing the news about Resident Evil 6.

Comment

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
                    Resident Evil had it's time and place with me, but I am totally sick of zombies. The market is flooded with zombie games or games with zombie DLC. For that reason, I wasn't excited at all upon hearing the news about Resident Evil 6.
                    Really? The only zombie games that I enjoyed were dead rising and resident evil. The red dead redemption dlc was also pretty good. But imo the other zombie games suck. Also a lot of RE fans were just tired of los plagas.

Comment

Really? The only zombie games that I enjoyed were dead rising and resident evil. The red dead redemption dlc was also pretty good. But imo the other zombie games suck. Also a lot of RE fans were just tired of los plagas.
                      While I don't agree with his take completely, I can definitely see where he's coming from. I feel the same exact way with military 1st person shooters. There's so.. many of them and none of them have nothing new to offer. It's the reason why I don't play Battlefield or CoD.

I actually said the same thing a while back about there being too much zombie stuff. I don't play L4D or Dead Rising, so RE6 is a bit redeeming to me.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a computer so I've only been able to watch the trailer on my phone can't really see many details. Is it true that the zombies are running zombies?

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          Love the return of zombies. Also my be plagas as well since someone was shooting at Chris. Hopefully co-op returns as well, thats what made 5 enjoyable.
                          co-op was a huge reason why I didnt like 5. It was too actiony, no horror at all although I loved 4 and that wasnt scary.

But the story was a mess and I wanted to play re5 by myself. I was forced to drag along this dumb AI that wasted all its ammo on 1 enemy. She ended up just being my pack mule and I had to protect her the whole time.

Please give me a single player experience, not every freaking game these days needs to be multiplayer.:hammer:

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                            co-op was a huge reason why I didnt like 5. It was too actiony, no horror at all although I loved 4 and that wasnt scary.

But the story was a mess and I wanted to play re5 by myself. I was forced to drag along this dumb AI that wasted all its ammo on 1 enemy. She ended up just being my pack mule and I had to protect her the whole time.

Please give me a single player experience, not every freaking game these days needs to be multiplayer.:hammer:
                            I completely agree; if anything make a separate co-op campaign where one person plays as Leon and the other as Chris. But in the single player I want to be completely alone for the most part.

Unfortunately, I think co-op was confirmed to be in by an article from IGN. Chris will be paired up with some BSAA agent. And Leon also has a partner as well. However, they mey only be with you for some sequences and not the whole game.

Comment

I was reading an article that is speculating that the 3d playable character is Weskers son Alex Wesker. Some people think that he's Hunk.

How long do you think Capcoms been working on this game? They did a good job keeping it secret and the game looks like its almost done.

I also read that that game might be two separate stories just like Resident Evil 1&2 where you were able to chose between Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. *** **** it I'm excited.
                              Last edited by jc13; 01-22-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X