Spartacus Vengeance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    How many episodes is this season suppose to be???

But I will say that this season is really starting to get good. The begining started slow, but it has really started to get good. Loved the arena, but the only thing I could think of during that spear throw was 300 lol.

Darn. You're right. It's only 10 episodes. I thought it was 13 like 'Blood and Sand' was. But at least it's not only 6 like 'Gods of the Arena.' That was TOO SHORT.
    sigpic
    HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Originally posted by AZOmae View Post
      Darn. You're right. It's only 10 episodes. I thought it was 13 like 'Blood and Sand' was. But at least it's not only 6 like 'Gods of the Arena.' That was TOO SHORT.
      There all to short they need like a 22 episode season and than I guess I could settle... Ok I'm a little greedy

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        There all to short they need like a 22 episode season and than I guess I could settle... Ok I'm a little greedy
        I agree.

If they can sign Grimm (another hour long show) to a 22 episode season (I love that show as well) they should be able to accomodate Spartacus!
        sigpic

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

I agree.

If they can sign Grimm (another hour long show) to a 22 episode season (I love that show as well) they should be able to accomodate Spartacus!
          Yeah Grimm is a good show also. But we were talking here at work and started thinking realistically how much longer can they run this show. Because they really can't do to much more except keep running, which would still be fun to watch, but would lose the story. I really can only see this season and one more season after to wrap it up. And I think they should because no point to run it into the ground, they should wrap it up nicely and finish it epically.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Couple things about the last show.

Glaber is developing some SERIOUS cajones. I am liking his character more and more.

The Egyptian is a baaaaaaaad man. Killing guys with knives and showing no emotion at all. Gonna be a tough mother to take down.

Don't know if I like where theyre going with the Naevia character. I get it, just don't know if I like it.

I miss Andy. Liam isn't bad but honestly it seems like a lot of the focus of the show is being taken off Spartacus and I wonder if that's because Andy isn't Spartacus so he doesn't have the same impact as he did.
            LET 'ER BUCK!!!
            Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Yeah that Egyptian guy is a BA, and a Glaber is really starting to prove he is a worthy villian lol.

But only down side I felt that episode was extremely slow and really didn't have that much happen except in the last like 15 minutes of the show. (If even that) But not every episode can be great, just wish they were since there is only 10 episodes

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

I thought it was great that Ashur didn't think of himself as some major BA, after he beat Glabers men. It kind of showed humility that he said he was considered the worst of the men. And what he did to Lucretia.

It's going to be interesting what they do with Gannicus.

I've kind of brushed up on my Spartacus history, and of course, when Crixus and Spartacus split armies, you know they're going to start running out of storylines.

And yes. The Egyptian frightens me as well. He's a smaller version of Theocles, that scary albino giant from season one.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought it was great that Ashur didn't think of himself as some major BA, after he beat Glabers men. It kind of showed humility that he said he was considered the worst of the men. And what he did to Lucretia.

I've kind of brushed up on my Spartacus history, and of course, when Crixus and Spartacus split armies, you know they're going to start running out of storylines.

And yes. The Egyptian frightens me as well. He's a smaller version of Theocles, that scary albino giant from season one.
                  Indeed. Part of me thinks that Spartacus is going to come in and save him (because that is the predictable thing), but I do not know if there was ever a historical Gannicus so maybe they will throw a swerve, have him crucified and have Glaber use it as propaganda to show that if Rome can take down the mighty Gannicus then it can take down Spartacus.
                  LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                  Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

i haven't started watching this season yet, but I'm going to soon!
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Yeah Ashur knows he isn't the best fighter, but he knows he is one sneaky SOB.

But year I was reading up on the history of Spartacus also, and I think at most there is just going to be one more season after this one. But I really like the gladiator environment, and wish there was a way to continue another series that was involved in this time frame.

Also if anyone wants to read up on the history of it I found this website told it quite nicely.

http://www.historynet.com/ancient-hi...-rebellion.htm
                      Last edited by #87Birdman; 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

They take a lot of artistic liberty though. I'm sure they can keep this thing going as long as there's an audience for it. The only thing that is really missing is the build up to the fights in the arena. Still, I'm stoked that they kept it going despite Whitfield's passing. He wanted the show to go on.

Spartacus has been good enough to distract me from the return of Game of Thrones. That's a compliment, because Game of Thrones is the truth. For those of you that haven't seen it. Do yourselves a favor and get season 1. And yeah, Gannicus is beast. They definitely worked him back into the series the right way. He'll be around, trust me. These guys aren't fools. They know the fans are down with Gannicus.

EDIT: and another thing about Ashur. You gotta understand that this dude is what makes the show possible. You have to respect this guy for being good at what he does. What would they all do without Ashur playing his games?
                        Last edited by Spice 1; 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                          They take a lot of artistic liberty though. I'm sure they can keep this thing going as long as there's an audience for it. The only thing that is really missing is the build up to the fights in the arena. Still, I'm stoked that they kept it going despite Whitfield's passing. He wanted the show to go on.

Spartacus has been good enough to distract me from the return of Game of Thrones. That's a compliment, because Game of Thrones is the truth. For those of you that haven't seen it. Do yourselves a favor and get season 1. And yeah, Gannicus is beast. They definitely worked him back into the series the right way. He'll be around, trust me. These guys aren't fools. They know the fans are down with Gannicus.

EDIT: and another thing about Ashur. You gotta understand that this dude is what makes the show possible. You have to respect this guy for being good at what he does. What would they all do without Ashur playing his games?
                          O I agree Ashur is great at what he does, but he is still scum lol. He is an enemy I love to hate and that is great, and the fact he plays the part so well helps the story immensly.

And yes they have taken some artistic liberties, they are still some what following the main points.

*spoilers*
                          Like the that path they were talking about is the one where Spartacus will probably defeat Glabras.

But I wonder how long they will keep this thing drawn out because if it becomes episode after episode of just Spartacus running it will probably falter very quickly. I would love to see if this show ends another show that takes place with gladiators, because this has been a really fun show to watch.

And yeah I need to go get back to the Game of Thrones, made it up to the last episode of season 1 then stopped lol. Plus I downloaded all the books to my wife's nook, so I should probably start reading those soon.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

LOL. I was just talking to a co-worker who is all caught up on this new season now about Ashur.

I'm actually beginning to like the Dude. I loathed him in Blood and Sand, and REALLY grew distaste for him in Gods of the Arena. But seeing him in action during this season...wow.

He could have his own spin off series for all I care. And I would watch.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dang it to all....I'm going to miss tonight's episode, but I'll download it tomorrow.

Can't wait to see how these last 3 episodes are going to develop.....

And the death of Sedullus from last week? BEST DEATH EVER!! Wow!:thumb:
                              sigpic

Comment

Well just watched the new episode and thought it was good. And the Egyptian is a BAMF lol. Only two more episodes and so many things i want to see tied up lol. Going to hate waiting for a new season

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X