The Halo 4 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Halo 4 Thread

I dont know if there are still any big Halo fans around here, but Halo 4 is due for release in fall 2012. Its being made by 343 Industries.

I for one am excited for this, they stated its going to be a much different experience than the later Halo games and Im happy about that.

I bet this will be the best one since the 2nd.
    sigpic

Halo is my favorite FPS series, and my second favorite video game under Mass Effect.

In other words, I'm sure as hell happy about this game.

I was one of the few after Halo 3 saying that there will be another Halo game.

I'm hoping they release it in September and not try in compete with CoD or GTA.

But yeah, I'm probably one of the more excited people when it comes to this game. I just pray they don't use the perks from Reach.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I thought they were releasing it in December? I'd rather see it by the end of the Summer, but I can wait.

Hopefully 343 does the smart thing and put a bot mode in matchmaking. And it probably won't happen but I also want to be able to customize Chief for the campaign.

Comment

I don't know if I have ever played halo.
        haha but if a pile of Broncos nation is into it i would probably pick it up.. show you nubs how to play.

Comment

I dont think they have announced an official release date yet, will definitely be in the fall though.

Call me crazy, but Im really hoping they are serious about the more mature and realistic tone. I think to really seperate themselves from the previous trilogy, they should make the gameplay closer to other fps games (bf3, bioshock, crysis, etc)

I wouldnt want to see it play exactly like those, but after all these years the Halo games movements and stuff feel kind of stiff.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
            I dont think they have announced an official release date yet, will definitely be in the fall though.

Call me crazy, but Im really hoping they are serious about the more mature and realistic tone. I think to really seperate themselves from the previous trilogy, they should make the gameplay closer to other fps games (bf3, bioshock, crysis, etc)

I wouldnt want to see it play exactly like those, but after all these years the Halo games movements and stuff feel kind of stiff.
            I completely agree. Make it more gritty and more realistic. I'd love to see that.

Comment

I still play Halo 3 to this day, love it, probably my favourite game of all time, had so many hours of fun on it!
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I'm a huge Halo geek!

That said, I'm not sure where I stand with 343 yet. For those that still play Reach, they came out with that title update and while back that decreases the bloom. Personally, I don' care for the bloom, but the game has had bloom for over a year and now they try to change it all the sudden. They should fix the things that are really wrong with MP, like the spawns, before infecting playlists with their so called, "TU".

Bring back the Battle Rifle!
                Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                  I'm a huge Halo geek!

That said, I'm not sure where I stand with 343 yet. For those that still play Reach, they came out with that title update and while back that decreases the bloom. Personally, I don' care for the bloom, but the game has had bloom for over a year and now they try to change it all the sudden. They should fix the things that are really wrong with MP, like the spawns, before infecting playlists with their so called, "TU".

Sorry, whats the bloom?
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm a huge Halo geek!

Well every game has spawning issues. It's apparently something developers can't get right. It appears every shooter that has multiplayer has the issue.

I've played a lot of shooters, to be honest Halo has one of the best out of the crappy bunch. How often do you hear the words "Spawn trap" or "Spawn camping" in Halo? Sure it's close to zero because you can't do either.

I have faith in them, a good number of them are former Bungie employees, and not much is wrong with Reach other than what was already there as a issue. Also they have been busy, so it would be hard to do anything big and serious with Reach.

Considering they had the whole Halo CE and making Halo 4 to deal with. You can't do a CE remake, make Halo 4, getting 5 on the ground, and think up 6 while also dealing with Reach. That's stretching to many hands.

As for the BR, it couldn't be in Reach considering Reach is a prequel.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Before I went back to college me and my lil bro have been playing the halo anniversary edition for some good ole nostalgia....I can't wait for this game!!!

And spirit!! Most of my friends have lost interest in the halo series and I know your into it so when it comes out I'm expecting a few invites!!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        Well every game has spawning issues. It's apparently something developers can't get right. It appears every shooter that has multiplayer has the issue.

I've played a lot of shooters, to be honest Halo has one of the best out of the crappy bunch. How often do you hear the words "Spawn trap" or "Spawn camping" in Halo? Sure it's close to zero because you can't do either.

I have faith in them, a good number of them are former Bungie employees, and not much is wrong with Reach other than what was already there as a issue. Also they have been busy, so it would be hard to do anything big and serious with Reach.

Considering they had the whole Halo CE and making Halo 4 to deal with. You can't do a CE remake, make Halo 4, getting 5 on the ground, and think up 6 while also dealing with Reach. That's stretching to many hands.

I agree that every shooter has spawn issues. Its something thats actually quite hard to get around.

I dont agree about there being no spawn killing though, I remember Halo 3 got bad sometimes with that.

And I definitely have faith in 343. I think it was time for Bungie to move on and maybe this studio will revigorate the franchise and create something that is much better than anything Bungie couldve done.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty excited, especially because I thought that Halo was done.

I just hope it isn't butchered!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            Sorry, whats the bloom?
                            Bloom is the expanding of the reticule when you fire weapons. For example, pick up the DMR. As you fire it, the reticule keeps expanding the faster you fire. This means that the faster you fire, the more inaccurate it is.

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I watched my friend lose out on a perfection the other day because it decided to spawn the opposing team behind him, literally. Reach in general doesn't have many issues, besides the occasional spawn kill and a few other little things. Not really a big fan of the perks, but it is what it is. And I meant bring back the BR in Halo 4.

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
                            Before I went back to college me and my lil bro have been playing the halo anniversary edition for some good ole nostalgia....I can't wait for this game!!!

And spirit!! Most of my friends have lost interest in the halo series and I know your into it so when it comes out I'm expecting a few invites!!
                            You'll get 'em! If you ever jump on Reach we'll game it up.
                            Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

Bloom is the expanding of the reticule when you fire weapons. For example, pick up the DMR. As you fire it, the reticule keeps expanding the faster you fire. This means that the faster you fire, the more inaccurate it is.

I watched my friend lose out on a perfection the other day because it decided to spawn the opposing team behind him, literally. Reach in general doesn't have many issues, besides the occasional spawn kill and a few other little things. Not really a big fan of the perks, but it is what it is. And I meant bring back the BR in Halo 4.

You'll get 'em! If you ever jump on Reach we'll game it up.
                              Yeah gotcha
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X